Has anyone tried the 3-day diet with success?

Options

Replies

• Hotpinkmama
    Options
    I have lost some weight on this diet but not what it promises. My daughter and I are trying the Victoria Secret Model diet this week and I feel it's better for you and easier. I will keep u posted on the loss.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried the 3-day diet with any success. I have a friend who is doing it and has been losing weight, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen any really drastic results from trying it. Please share if so!!! Here is the link if you dont know what it is......http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet.

3 DAY DIET

DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea

Dinner--2 Slices of any type meat (About 3 ounces) 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tip to Try: Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods. salt and pepper may be used, but do not use any other seasoning. diet is to be used three days at a time.

In three days you should lose 10 pounds. After three days of dieting, you can eat your normal foods, but do not over do it. After four days of normal eating, you may start back on the three day diet. You can lose up to 40 pounds in a month if this diet is followed precisely.

This is a safe diet.

REMEMBER: Do not eat/snack between any of the meals!

NOTE: Coffee or tea for the first two meals of Day 1 only. Water only from then on. Water intake is unlimited.

Not this again. Seriously, do a search on the boards and you will find endless talk on this ridiculous diet.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    ummm. ya...good luck with that
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I remember this crazy diet from about 25 yrs ago....up there with the cabbage soup, etc. The only way for LASTING weight loss is to make a dietary lifestyle change....Ive lost 50 lbs countless times and by using various methods but never lasting results because I would then go off the "diet" and back to eating the stuff that made me 50 lbs overweight to begin with. This time for me its slow and steady and with something I can live with!
  • fakesnake69
    Options
    I remember this crazy diet from about 25 yrs ago....up there with the cabbage soup, etc. The only way for LASTING weight loss is to make a dietary lifestyle change....Ive lost 50 lbs countless times and by using various methods but never lasting results because I would then go off the "diet" and back to eating the stuff that made me 50 lbs overweight to begin with. This time for me its slow and steady and with something I can live with!

So basically what you are saying is that the diet works, but you have no control over yourself and you eat and eat and eat and gain all the weight back because of YOUR fault, not the diet's fault......right?
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried the 3-day diet with any success. I have a friend who is doing it and has been losing weight, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen any really drastic results from trying it. Please share if so!!! Here is the link if you dont know what it is......http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet.

3 DAY DIET

DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea

Dinner--2 Slices of any type meat (About 3 ounces) 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tip to Try: Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods. salt and pepper may be used, but do not use any other seasoning. diet is to be used three days at a time.

In three days you should lose 10 pounds. After three days of dieting, you can eat your normal foods, but do not over do it. After four days of normal eating, you may start back on the three day diet. You can lose up to 40 pounds in a month if this diet is followed precisely.

This is a safe diet.

REMEMBER: Do not eat/snack between any of the meals!

NOTE: Coffee or tea for the first two meals of Day 1 only. Water only from then on. Water intake is unlimited.

have you tried it? the ice cream & hot dog seems fishy to me.......
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The ones who say they lost 7 pounds in the three days. I wonder how much different their body looked? I don't see someone's body changing that drastically in 3 days. Sounds like water weight and a fad.
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This Diet is actually called the Greenlane diet and originates from New Zealand, It's named after Greenlane hospital. The diet was created for SEVERELY overweight Patients so they could lose weight fast for surgery since it is extremely dangerous to put a highly obese person under using a general anesthetic. It's not recommended for general use, it's for people weighing 350+lbs waiting for surgery and it is only recommended for short term use, the weight is often gained back again after surgery. The patient is advised to go on a HEALTHY diet after..
    Anyway just thought I would put this out there for those who are considering it, this diet will NOT give you sustainable weight loss, it is a quick fix for people needing to drop weight fast, The diet is only meant for short term use meaning the weight will also only stay off for a short time.. :) best of luck people
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    Sorry this doesn't compute for me. I mean sounds good in general but to lose 10 pounds in those 3 days nah I wouldn't count on it.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I did that diet about 2 month ago and lost almost 5 pounds on it. I'm 5'8" and started at 162lbs and I'm not one of those people who can lose weight quickly normally. I actually drank more water on that diet than normal so it was NOT water weight. I never gained even an ounce of that weight back, and in fact the diet helped to retrain my eating habits and I easily lost another almost 5 pounds over the following 3 weeks that I have never regained. The diet can DEFINITELY work, you just need to have the right mind frame and expectations. I'm actually about to give the diet another go because thanks to almost 2 weeks of nonstop crappy weather I've kind of lost my motivation and I've started to eat badly again. I need another restart :) I didn't read through all the posts but in case someone else hasn't posted this, this webpage is great because it offers you substitutions to the foods. It helps to be able to switch things up and still stay within the calories/food groups http://www.everydiet.org/diet/3-day-diet
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    was on day three today doing good tell my fiance took me out for suchi damn it!!!! start over tmw lol
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    mostly water weight loss....plus huge caloric deficit....has nothing to do with the chemical composition whatever that is even supposed to mean
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    also this is not a sustainable diet....whats the point......this isnt the solution. Weight is just a number, body composition and long lasting change is whats really important..

People will do anything to see that silly number change
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So that's how many servings of fruits and vegetables in three days? Not much. You can eat wallpaper paste on crackers for three days and temporarily lose weight. Thirty pounds in a month is not healthy. Fad diets have nothing to do with nutrition or with common sense. They have to do with discipline to an ideal. Ideal and idiot: only three letters apart. Hmmmm
  • losing5555
    Options
    i haven't. seems interesting tho.
  • daisylady1975
    daisylady1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I havent tried it yet but plan to next week. I know people that have and lost 6-8 pounds each week
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    anything with "three day" "seven day" "satan diet" "cleanse" etc is a immediate no for me...

why is it so hard to just eat in a calorie deficit and work out/exercise more?

Oh, and I am on the I have made these changes for life diet...not some three day fad diet...

OP do what you want..but when you lose 10 pounds and then gain 15 back please don't post in the motivation thread that you are ready to quite and want support...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    First off let's be clear.

I'm ALL for the hot dogs and ice cream BUT

Is this something you're planning on doing for the rest of your life?

If not I would find something else.

May I suggest a calorie deficit coupled with physical activity??

a calorie deficit and physical activity? Come on man, we all know that is not proven to do anything for weight loss. If you want to lose weight you have to eat hot dogs and ice cream, and drink raspberry ketones for three days..then on day four you do a hand stand while eating a large dominos the works pizza ...that my friend, is how you lose weight...not some unicorn fantasy of "eat less, and exercise more" what a bunch of malarky...
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Are the 3 days Saturdays?

If not, I'm out.
  • SaberXIII
    Options
    What'd be the point of losing weight with this diet if you'd feel terrible from a lack of food anyway?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!