Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I hate Paps, but faithfully get one done every year.
    I had my 28 weeks appointment this morning and everything looked great. I also had an ultrasound and received a cd of the 3d pictures. It's amazing how clear her features look. I can see her little nose, eyes, cheek, mouth, etc. She's super cute, of course :smooched: I also took the glucose test and it was negative (129), yey!!!! I had a mcdonald's caramel sundae yesterday and was worried :blushing:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    you still have to get paps during pregnancy, it's even more important now that your pregnant as a lot of conditions, infections, cancers etc can have a huge effect on the baby. Sorry!

Yessie - YAY! We had our 3D done super early cause the gal did it for free, but it was still amazing! I've heard that it's surprising looking back on them after the baby is born because they really look so much like th pictures. :-) I'm glad everything looked good including the glucose test!
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Angela- Yay! I had read your posts and knew how worried you were, when my time comes I know I will be too.

Hey ladies. I have been MIA for a while haven't logged for over a week all thanks to my summer anatomy class 6 weeks of torture!! And then August a small relief before my fall semester starts with my last 6 classes for my bachelors degree. I have tried to hit the gym at least twice a week if I don't have too much hw or I am too exhausted.
    SW 164
    CW 165.8
    My plan is only to gain 25-30 lbs and so far I have been able to maintain that goal but I have no bump just a fat belly look. But I know it will change soon. I am still looking for a doctor and can't wait to pick the right one its between an OB and a midwife right now. Hope you girl have a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well we gave TTC the best shot we could this month....now the waiting game begins. At least I can catch up on some sleep now. My DH gets home at 1am from work, so I have been waiting up for him so we could do the baby dance. Then I have to get up at 5 to go to work. A whole week of running on 4 hours sleep each night just so we can try to get pregnant....yikes:bigsmile:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well we gave TTC the best shot we could this month....now the waiting game begins. At least I can catch up on some sleep now. My DH gets home at 1am from work, so I have been waiting up for him so we could do the baby dance. Then I have to get up at 5 to go to work. A whole week of running on 4 hours sleep each night just so we can try to get pregnant....yikes:bigsmile:

But it's all worth it! :laugh:
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Wow--kudos to you! I mean, trying is fun...but that's dedication! Good luck!
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just took the test yesterday!!! I'm going to be a mommy! Holy Cow...did I really just type that?? I'm kinda in freak out mode. Not really believing it yet, but freaking that there really is a little baby inside me...more like a tadpole, but you get the point :)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Just took the test yesterday!!! I'm going to be a mommy! Holy Cow...did I really just type that?? I'm kinda in freak out mode. Not really believing it yet, but freaking that there really is a little baby inside me...more like a tadpole, but you get the point :)

Congratulations!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm want to ttc soon for number 2 but hubby wants to wait
  • mwilson1018
    Options

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! :flowerforyou: I think you're the only one who got pregnant this month...hopefully we'll have better numbers next month!! lol

That's so great...enjoy this miraculous time!!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Congrats!!!!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Angela - YEAH!!!!! I am so happy your test came back negative, what a relief, I am sure.

I have to admit I am so inspired by all you pregnant ladies! You are all eatting so well, and being so good with watching what you eat. If you can do it while pregnant........I have to be able to do it now, since I don't even have cravings to blame!!

I feel the same way! If they/ you all can do it while preggers then I should be able to with an obstical. Ugh time to get back on track! Please try to keep me motivated. :)
  • 00Angela00
    Options

CONGRATS! How exciting!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    so this lady posted a commend on one of my facebook picture that said "he's giong to be one big healthy boy!" which kind of made me feel like she was saying I looked big. :-( I asked my hubby if that's what his first thoughts would be when reading that and he said yes. :-( I already had a tough day at work, I think one of the docs I work for is upset with me and then reading that post just made me feel sad. I'm 50lbs heavier than when I last saw her and when my hubby met and I feel HUGE especially being pregnant. I just feel sad, so much so that my stomach is upset. I'm going to go to bed and talk things over with the hubby (he's good at making me feel better) and try to not think about it.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    so this lady posted a commend on one of my facebook picture that said "he's giong to be one big healthy boy!" which kind of made me feel like she was saying I looked big. :-( I asked my hubby if that's what his first thoughts would be when reading that and he said yes. :-( I already had a tough day at work, I think one of the docs I work for is upset with me and then reading that post just made me feel sad. I'm 50lbs heavier than when I last saw her and when my hubby met and I feel HUGE especially being pregnant. I just feel sad, so much so that my stomach is upset. I'm going to go to bed and talk things over with the hubby (he's good at making me feel better) and try to not think about it.

I think you look like a super cute expecting mommy!! I feel like I would probably take the comment the same way, but try not to. I'm sorry you had a bad day at work! Enjoy your time with your hubby and relax :smile: It's Friday...so you won't have to see that doctor til Monday :wink:
  • helenturner
    Options
    July Challenge question:
    My husband and I have been married for 14 years this November. We have 3 children (age 10, 7 & 5) and would like 2 more. We are TTC in August or September for #4 & hopefully #5. (I'm praying for twins so we can kill 2 birds with one stone LOL). I'm not getting any younger!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

I think you look so cute!!! Don't let her comment bother you. Relax and have a great weekend with the hubby! :flowerforyou:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    some people have no finesse :angry: My neighbor saw me the other day and said "wow, you really look pregnant now, you're filling up!". I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car and my husband was driving. We stopped to say hello because she was going for a walk and have not seen her in weeks. Imagined if she would have seen me standing, all she saw was my face! I've been thinking about it all week: am I really so fat?
    Angela, don't sweat it!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    So I responded to her message saying that it kind of sounded like she was calling me big, and she responded with:

"Oh my Gosh,,,I didnt mean your big,,I meant that's going to be a big baby! Lol! My guess is that your having a girl, because I had two, one of each, just like your mom and for some reason us moms carry girls with more water weight then when we carry boys. When I carried Reo he was an all in front baby,,couldnt tell I was even pregnant from the back! But with my daughter Elizabeth I was HUGE all around! Funny how girls just need more cushy space! How are you feeling? Big hugs!"

wow ... seriously? She hasn't even seen me in person. AND I'M HAVING A BOY! From someone who's had two kids you would think she would know better than to tell a pregnant women she looks like she's HUGE all around and looks like she's carrying a lot of water weight.
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Is it normal to still lose weight in the beginning of pregnancy? I'm only in my 5th week so I'm pretty sure I won't be gaining too much right now, but wasn't sure if it was ok to still lose a little here and there. I ate more than normal yesterday (not by much -- just about 150 over) and I lost a few ounces. Is it okay to still try to lose a little weight in these first few months??? I am doing my best to stay healthy through this pregnancy.