Dear 16 year old me...

Options

Replies

• sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Quit Smoking, Get rid of Chris NOW! Move into Grandma's and Grandpa's immediately rather than later... Never forget you are beautiful and trust yourself. You know what you need and want out of life. Become and MLT not a Vet Tech and experiment with living life more and dating other people.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Don't tag that dumpster, dummy. Someone is watching you!
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

You are a beautiful young woman and no man can ever define who you are or who you will become as a person. Do not become a door mat for people. Embrace your confidence and remember in the years to come that God will never give you more than you can handle. By 22 years old, you will be happier than you have ever been :heart:
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me.

Don't decide you'd rather do drugs and get drunk all the time because its fun.
    Apply for universities even if you didn't know what you wanted to do in life.

I guess I should tell the first bit to the 14 year old me though.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Learn all the code. Lift all the weights. Be a ninja. Quit wasting time with everything else you're doing right now. And drugs are bad mmmkay.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ask for a bike for Christmas. Lift some damn weights! Stop drinking a 2 liter of Mountain Dew a day!
  • GoNicoleee
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me...
    Forget what anybody says to you. You're perfect the way you are.
    You're gonna over-do your anoerxia recovery and become overweight, but hey, it's better than almost dead!
    Keep your head up... there's light at the end of the tunnel.
  • jaetake2
    jaetake2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When your Dad is having you help fix the plumbing and rewire the house . . . PAY ATTENTION . . . you will need these skills later.
    Ditto when your Mom is gardening and canning.
    While in college get a job with Costco. I know you don't know what that is, look them up in the phone book. You're welcome.
    36-25-36 is not fat. No matter what the kids at school say.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me. Stop doing drugs now and you can be a doctor or a veterinarian.
  • Amanda13108
    Amanda13108 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dear 16yr old me...
    You will only regret the words you didn't say never the ones you did!
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Dear 16-year old me:

Shaving your eyebrows does not work as well as waxing your eyebrows. You think you've got a neat shortcut figured out, but no. No.

Relax, honey. It all works out - you end up happy and loved.

Oh, and take it easy on your parents. Your 34-year old self has two kids, and -- well, she is a lot more sympathetic than she used to be. It's not easy being in their shoes.

Lucy

PS: PUT ON YOUR DAMN SUNSCREEN.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Dear 16 yr. old me,

Call 911, report it, talk about it, get angry about it, get over it. Move to California and don't you ever look back......Oh, and I love you even if you don't feel worthy.

53 yr. old us :flowerforyou:
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You think you are fat!?!? Just wait 10 years. Come on, show off that body while you still have it!
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    In Jan when your 17 you drive dont let your older sister drive that night.
    When you are 27 and skiing all week long, Watch Out for the black diamond that will set your whole mid life back. Your knee will thank you later.
    Learn to say I Love You more before your family and friends are gone

Dont think your career is more important than raising a family. Dont do it too young but dont wait ill its too late.

Stop hanging with losers and stop smoking. Today!

Love ya - see you in 34 years!
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    In Jan when your 17 you drive dont let your older sister drive that night.
    When you are 27 and skiing all week long, Watch Out for the black diamond that will set your whole mid life back. Your knee will thank you later.
    Learn to say I Love You more before your family and friends are gone

Dont think your career is more important than raising a family. Dont do it too young but dont wait ill its too late.

Stop hanging with losers and stop smoking. Today!

Love ya - see you in 34 years!

Have more patience - the dang computer will post eventually!
  • blu64
    blu64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me. It's already been a hell of a ride,huh? You have some choices to make in the next few years, dude. Take pretty much every one that I made and do the opposite. The dope, the booze, the stealing and all the other **** that went with it, that ****'s bad mkay. We survive it, and maybe even become a better person for it. But damn the next 24 years will hurt a lot less if you could skip all that **** and stay with your nerd side. get to college and study computers so I don't have to 30 years later.

And quit lashing out at everyone who loves you, it always hurts you more than it does them.
    Anyway I know you hate yourself so much, I just want you to know that I love you now, you have a good heart, you just refuse to listen to it.

sincerely 48 year old you.

ps. join TKD it is the funnest thing you will ever do while standing up (yes even more fun then that one time, but not by much)
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

STOP EATING SO GODDAMN MUCH!
    No seriously, put that doughnut down.
    Put it down...
    No, don't pick up that muffin! >_<

*sigh* fine.. don't listen to me... stubborn teenager...
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me
    Don't start drinking
    Don't let your job normalise fast food
    In fact, don't get a mcjob at all
    Don't get a boyfriend yet, particularly not one who works at McDonald's
    And definitely don't compromise that which you've always believed for a boy.
    Don't move to a college, stay at sixth form
    Do more school work
    Don't live out for uni
    Appreciate the people around you more, particularly your family
    Don't put on any more weight and perhaps lose a few lbs
    Don't take Maths at A level - you'll fail and regret it
    BioMedical Science is the best decision you'll ever make and you'll meet the right man like that

Listen to the voice of reason
    20 Year old you x
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me.

One of your best friends is about to move to college...don't worry, you'll stay friends. She'll be back before you know it, and she's the type of friend you'll have forever..like at your wedding and stuff. Hold onto that, its rare.

You know the way you appear confident, keep doing that, and it'll come. Don't doubt yourself so much, and don't be afraid to ask for help, you'd be in a much better place if you did.

I'm not gonna stop you making the mistakes, because things are pretty good right now..but would it kill you to go for a run instead of playing the Sims? No? Didn't think so.

Don't break up with people because some of your friends are taking the p*ss, but don't stay with that person. She's not for you, as much as you want it to be, and you'll find someone much more suited to you. She'll be happy, and you'll stay friends, don't stress :)

With a bit of love, for probably the first time ever..

20 yr old you