What can I eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• geminijai
    geminijai Posts: 15
    Options
    I had been eating Fiber One Honey Clusters with 1% milk for breakfast but read an article which stated that you will stay fuller for longer if you eat protein at breakfast-- not fiber. So, I started making frittatas on Sunday nights and just reheat each serving in the morning Monday through Thursday (using 1 carton of Kirkland Signature Real Eggs + mix of veggies & 1/3 cup RF cheese-- serves 4, 120-150 cal/ea)... The repetition may not work for everyone but I don't mind eating the same thing every day. Plus, I think the best things about frittatas is that they're so versatile, you can adjust the ingredients with each new one you make and change it up as needed. As for Fridays, I will either have 2 soft-boiled eggs or change it up and have cereal if I'm craving it.
  • smallerWORD
    Options
    Protein at breakfast. Ok thanks. frittatas? I will have to look that up on google. Sounds good. ok. thanks so much!!!
  • smallerWORD
    Options
    I know. I have tried turkey. Just haven't been to the grocery store much lately. I LOVE bacon but turkey bacon is not bad I must admit. Thank you!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty boring. I eat an English muffin with peanut butter or a plain bagel with lite cream cheese. And a whole lotta coffee.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I know. I have tried turkey. Just haven't been to the grocery store much lately. I LOVE bacon but turkey bacon is not bad I must admit. Thank you!

And it is fast I take one slice every morning on a half paper towel Microwave 30 seconds
    Flip it over to dry side of paper towel throw back in for 30 more seconds and BAM crispy yummy bacon

if you do 2 up the time to 45 seconds
  • Ericsmom1991
    Options
    my usual breakfast is Greek yogurt and granola or sometimes egg-white fat-free cheese omelet with turkey bacon.
  • Exodus62
    Exodus62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I either make a quick breakfast burrito with a multi-grain low carb tortilla, 2 large eggs scrambled and 2 sausage links with onions and tomatoes or a protien shake with bananas, strawberries and peaches
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    1. protein shake with a grape fruit
    2. parfait
    3. whole grain waffle topped with low fat vanilla yogart, blueberries,or strawberries, and granola ( instead of using syrup)
    4.breakfast burrito,- turkey bacon, egg beaters southwestern or whatever flavor you like, mushrooms, onions, and spinach, low fat shred cheese if you must have cheese with a low calorie torilla
    5, casadian farm cinnamon cruch cereal with almond milk
    6, egg bites- turkey bacon (turkey slices or turkey sausage) cheese, onions and , eggs, diced tomatoes cook it in a muffin pan. and dip it in salsa
    7, veggie omelet
    8, can't go wrong with jimmy dean breakfast bowl. (with turkey sausage and egg white) quick and easy. lol
  • mein2007
    mein2007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat cereal. But Morning star makes some pretty good "sausage" patties that are not too bad for you. My picky husband also likes those. A great substitute for real meat :) I have always just substituted healthier options to the food we normally eat and it has worked out great for us.
  • geminijai
    geminijai Posts: 15
    Options
    frittatas? I will have to look that up on google

A Frittata is an egg-based dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche... You add any kind of vegetables, meat, cheese, herbs and spices that you want- cook it in a skillet or sautee pan, add eggs and let them set up firm on the bottom, then put the skillet or sautee pan in the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked through. You can also find recipes to make them in muffin tins. Here's the recipe I used this week (btw: I absolutely LOVE Skinnytaste for healthy lightened dishes):

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/caramelized-onion-red-pepper-and.html
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I eat the following together for ~300 cals with ~30g protein: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/2 cup cereal. Sounds gross but tastes DELICIOUS
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mine is fairly basic, greek yogurt and coffee. But I'm also not hungry in the am. :smile:
  • HappyTrailswithDee
    Options
    This is my daughters favorite breakfast that I make, it's really good and really filling

Dee's "Home Aid" Oatmeal

bring 3 cups water to a rolling boil with 1 tsp margerine.
    Stir in 1 cup steel cut oats
    1/4 cup quinoia
    3/4 cup rolled oats

remove from heat and let sit 45min

When you remove the lid it should be super thick (look almost like bird feeder block)

stir in 2 "yucky" bananas mashed and 3 tbsp. peanut butter

should make at least 8 servings and can be put into small containers and frozen for quick microwave breakfast later.

Before eating top hot oatmeal with a sprinkle of nuts and a dollop of yogurt and mix.

each serving contains:
    201 calories
    22 grams carbohydrates
    6 grams of protein
    5 grams of fat
    51 sodium
    5 grams of sugar

Super tasty - and I hate oatmeal!

I find it's a great start to my day, and just as satisfying as my pancakes or french toast in days of old
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ... But Morning star makes some pretty good "sausage" patties that are not too bad for you. My picky husband also likes those. A great substitute for real meat :) ...

I love their breakfast patties. Have been eating them for many years. Morningstar Farm Grillers, Chik Patties, and some of their other foods are good, too!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I don't like sweet food first thing in the AM, so for me it'll be oatmeal with a teaspoon of vegan margerine and salt. I also eat a lot of eggs with cheese (I don't drink cow's milk) and you can saute spinach with it. If you really want bacon,eat it. You can also try turkey sausage and bacon (both I highly recommend because they taste good).
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I usually do a greek yogurt and a banana. Some days I will do egg ehites with spinach mushroom and tomatoe on a 100 calorie bread and slice of cheese.
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Latley for breakfast I've been having one of the following:

Oatmeal with Chia seeds and a veggie sausage
    Hard boiled egg with a piece of fruit
    Greek Yogurt with chia seeds and a piece of fruit
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you want a low cal breakfast & something that will keep you full for a LONG time...

Egg whites (I buy the carton), steel cut oats - sweeten with sugar free jelly or local honey. If I am in a rush, I will grab a Greek yogurt or protein shake (powder & water). *If you get tired of the egg whites, add some veggies to it. :-)
  • corrinnebrown
    Options
    I eat between 250-350 calories for breakfast.

Usually I have 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 an adelles chicken sausage (pineapple bacon is my favorite)
    or
    3 pieces of turkey bacon and dry whole grain toast
    or
    omelet with chicken sausage or bacon
    or
    smoothie made with fresh fruit, almond milk, almonds and oatmeal.

Hope this helps!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

-Breakfast sandwich made of a whole grain English muffin toasted with a poached egg (I have a breakfast sandwich maker that does this), a slice of 2% cheese, and a couple pieces of low-sodium deli ham or turkey.
    -Steel cut oats (make a 4-day batch at once, then divide) with raw organic mulberries, cinnamon, a little bit of raw cacao nibs, and a little Stevia or Xylitol. I like to take a 1/4 cup frozen blueberries in a coffee mug and microwave for 30-60 seconds. It makes this warm, syrupy goodness to put in the oats. It tastes so indulgent, but doesn't cost me too many calories.
    -Two Eggo waffles (I like the protein ones) with either a tablespoon of natural peanut butter for on-the-go, or two tablespoons of lite syrup and a couple strawberries for something really indulgent at home.