Running at night with a concealed carry.

Options

Replies

• RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    http://www.armedinheels.com/undertech-undercover-women39s-ultimate-compression-shorts-p-1705.html

Compression shorts with a holster...once I get my CHL I'll be getting this for long runs too!
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Is this girl serious?? OP is PROTECTING HERSELF!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Really... We're going there... :noway:

Do what is necessary to protect yourself. It is crazy people in this world. I don't carry mine when I run, but my husband carries one. He uses a belt holster.

This!
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do what you need to do for your protection. It is your right and ignore those who only wish to throw stones

Better to have an not need, then to need and not have.

Thanks for all of the helpful responses! I was looking for something myself.
  • Kendie74
    Kendie74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We should outlaw guns so the bad guys won't have one and we'll all be on a level playing field. :noway:

Excuse me while I piss myself laughing.....
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you feel so unsafe in your own community.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    First if your not into guns just leave this alone and not comment...she has a right to carry and if she is educated she should. OK for the holster, I have been a Police officer for over 30 years and have been carrying and still do today. I made a holster out of a CD neoprene running holder...I know I just dated myself but it kept the gun close, tight to the body and dry. Good luck with this and stay safe!

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I bet I could find one off amazon for cheap...and I could stick my phone in there too... Do you keep it in the front or back? Any issues with it bouncing around?
  • wcj61
    wcj61 Posts: 13
    Options
    If you live in a country where your government forbids you to own a gun, why are you commenting here? It clearly doesn't apply to you and your opinions are worthless. I fully support a law abiding person's right to self-defense. Carry what you want, Honey. There are plenty of options for active conceled weapon carry.
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    UNCUC2945_zps09c5be3b.jpg

This is what I carry. Although I am all about the right to carry a gun if you want to. I feel like where I run, running with a pistol is overkill. But I take a stungun along which will assist with any dogs or people that might feel the desire to mess with me.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Only in the United States of America! ;)

... You didn't scroll up from your post, did you?

I carry a knife on my waist when I go out at night, and my neighborhood is safe enough to leave the car unlocked all night. You never know who is going to drive through and think of you as an easy target for whatever means. TL;DR- *kitten* happens. Know what to do and be ready.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Another option is to run with a dog. A BIG dog.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tikimatt
    tikimatt Posts: 23
    Options
    Fully support you and the Second Amendment !! Aloha is welcome here...
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Murrica!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Another option is to run with a dog. A BIG dog.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

lol I have three kids and a 14 year old pup (no running for her) but we're not looking for any new pets. :laugh: "If" we were, I may definitely consider this option.
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.

Don't try and turn it into some anti-gun nonsense, I could care less if all of America had guns and wore them on a trip to walmart.

But if someone is out running at night in the dark and carrying a gun because they are "nervous" there is a higher risk of someone getting hurt.

Maybe it's the Canadian in me, but if I had to get a run in at night in the dark I'd take my dog or a friend to feel safe but meh if guns in the hands of nervous chicks running makes more sense to you good for you.
  • linzbreanne
    linzbreanne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to live in a rural area similar to what you described. People might think you are being paranoid, but you are smart to be carrying a weapon. I once was attacked by an insane meth head and it took the cops over 30 minutes to get out there to help me. As long as you know how to use your weapon and you are safe, carry it with you. You never know what can happen. Be safe!
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I currently jog with pepper spray (during the day), but would love to safely carry my concealed as I jog, just not sure of the best holster to use. so this is helpful!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I think there is a website called pistolwear.com? they have an adjustable band that goes around your belly under your shirt that is meant for concealed carry while jogging/walking.
  • colibaby92
    Options
    idk y people get so worked up about guns. guns dont kill people. people kill people. and they only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. common sense. but. in my opinion i know my brother in law hase ankle holsters they also make chest holsters annnd thigh holsters any i would assume would do.
  • ccr214
    ccr214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5.11 makes a tactical holster shirt. It's pretty nice and is practical. You wont have to worry about replacing
    it as you lose weight because it's meant to fit closely.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Shirts/Concealed-Carry/Holster-Shirt.html
This discussion has been closed.