Running at night with a concealed carry.

Options

Replies

• coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area, 45mph two-lane road, very minimal houses, all woods and/or fields. I never ran at night so I was really nervous, don't own pepper spray, so I opted for my small gun. It was 9pm, and I can't go out for a run before then... I "know" I'm probably ok...but it's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Where do YOU put it??? I kept mine on my waistband at 8 o'clock (I'm a lefty) but I had to keep adjusting it as it was sliding around.

I honestly felt like just running with it in my hand because I was so frustrated... :laugh: Also, if you do carry, what type of holster do you use? I have a belt-clip hard plastic.

I literally just laughed out loud picturing someone going for a run with a gun in their hand. Where I'm from, people would think it was some crazy lunatic on the run and the cops would be after them in no time! :laugh:

Seriously though, it's sad that the world has come to a point where people feel like they need to carry weapons on a run. I too live in a rural area and it never crosses my mind that I need to carry protection with me when I'm out at night.

I would say, invest in some pepper spray or a taser.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    This is precisely why I workout in a gym.

I keep my gun in the water holder of the cardio machines.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Murrica!
    **** YEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!!!
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. With the way the world is changing, you have to be prepared. My husband is in law enforcement and he's been nagging me for a while to get my conceal and carry. I haven't started running outside yet, it's still too cold in kansas, but once I do, I will need these tips. Thanks for posting this.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If you carry, here is what I suggest for running.

http://thunderwear.com/holsters.asp

The rest of the discussion is moot.
  • littleheidic
    Options
    I would try the buddy system! No weapons for me. I would end up hurting myself.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I didn't get why any woman would want to run @ 9:00 @ night alone in the pitch dark? I don't care what you're carrying with you for protection, common sense kicks in and it's just not the brightest of ideas, especially being that you think you need a gun to protect yourself. Sell the gun and buy a treadmill or rearrange your schedule so you can run at a time of day that makes more sense.
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Really... We're going there... :noway:

Truth. Amen sister.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

hahaha

Seriously though, why is everyone freaking out? This is pretty normal in certain parts of the US. Whatever makes you feel better! I doubt she's going to shoot at every shadow; it's just a precautionary measure
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh COME ON. Some people carry pepper spray, some people carry pocket knives, some people carry guns. Sheesh.

It's pitch-black out where I live. I know I'm not the only person that carries something.

I would carry something too if I was running outside at night. Someone posted a pic of those compression shorts with a gun holder and I thought they were so cool...just need to buy the gun to go with and actually run LOL.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

I use the iPod dock.
  • BrandiBoo84
    Options
    idk y people get so worked up about guns. guns dont kill people. people kill people. and they only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. common sense. but. in my opinion i know my brother in law hase ankle holsters they also make chest holsters annnd thigh holsters any i would assume would do.

Exactly. God forbid I want to protect myself and my constitutional rights to carry regardless.
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    My husband just said he's going to get me one of these!! For real it looks like a decent option.... but IDK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77TGGEYhPnM
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the stats are on justifiable homicides/shootings. You always hear gun nuts saying how they need to carry guns but never hear much about them actually using them to protect themselves.
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is how you know the site you use is mainly used by Americans! Nothing wrong with it, just when i first read i automatically assumed this woman was from the UK and asking for advice on how to break the law!
  • bonniecarbtoo
    Options
    half unzipped fanny pack to the front
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Another option is to run with a dog. A BIG dog.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Funny you should mention dogs niner..... I was on our riverwalk yesterday and instead of going my normal route past the YMCA I decided to go the loop around the Lake.. When I got home and turned on the computer there was an alert on our hometown news station that 2 giant Mastiffs had attacked and mauled a jogger on the riverwalk just past the YMCA. A member of the staff heard the cries for help and went to the top of the bridge as the dogs was dragging the man underneath. The dog warden had been looking for these dogs for the past 20 minutes because they had chased a man into his truck and had charged another man on his mower.. The dog warden showed up just in time and shot one of the dogs and the other dog ran after the shot. He captured the other dog shortly after and the man was taken to the hospital in serious condition. Our riverwalk doesn't allow concealed carry so this man didn't stand a chance. I for one do not see a problem with the OP wanting to protect herself. I would rather be prepared and not need it, then have a confrontation and not have it......
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Why carry mace when you can go straight to guns.
  • BrandiBoo84
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.

Good girl^^^^^^
  • brokenhonu
    brokenhonu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a concealed carry belly band?
This discussion has been closed.