How many hours to you sleep?

Options
2»

Replies

• Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I sleep anywhere between 6 to 9 hours, depending on the night. I'm a full-time student, work in a police department and a prison. Depending on where I'm working or if I have an exam, paper or project, it'll determine how much I sleep that night.

If I work at the prison I might sleep around 8-9 hours. If I work at the station I might sleep 7 hours and so forth.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My sleep is a little weird because I have a "sleep break" some time around 2-4am depending on what time I go to bed. Last night I went to bed around 12:30am, got up around 2:30am and stepped out for a smoke and some water then played around on my iPad for a while and went back to bed around 3:30. I woke up just before 8 this morning so I guess that was about 6 1/2 hours last night.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has sleep breaks. I have never been able to sleep for more that 4 hours at a time. I always wake up for a bit and then go back to sleep. Drove my parents crazy when I was a baby/child.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Eight hours more often than seven. Nine more often than six.

Jillian Michaels, a fitness guru, wrote in one of her books, might have been Slim for Life, that if she had the choice between six hours of sleep and a workout on one side and eight hours of sleep on the other, she would not hesitate to pick the eight hours of sleep.

Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss
    http://www.amazon.com/Slim-Life-Insider-Secrets-Lasting/dp/038534922X

"You might be surprised to know that driving on less than five hours of sleep is like driving with a blood alcohol limit of .05 (the national legal limit is .08)."

If you don't snooze, your startup can lose
    http://upstart.bizjournals.com/companies/startups/2013/02/26/the-hazards-of-being-tired.html
  • GunJJacks
    GunJJacks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need at least 8 or 9. I can't function on less than that.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I get in bed for 10:00pm or 10:30pm and get up at 6:30am. That should be eight hours, except that I wake up anywhere from 2-4 times a night.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My sleep patter is like JUSTSOMERANDO. I dont think I have ever had 7 straight hours of sleep in my life, probably not even 6
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I try to get to bed (lights out) by 11:00pm. My alarm goes off at 6:00am, so that's 7 hrs of sleep.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I thnk everyone is different. I'm 50 years old andI sleep 5 1/2 hours most nights and do fine. On the weekends I try to sleep more to "catch up" and rarely can sleep more than 6 1/2 in one night.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Just about 14-16 hours.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Bed at 10:30 or 11pm up at 5 am. Catchup sleep on weekends:)
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    9-10
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I get 7 hrs minimum, but really I should be getting 9-10 honestly. Bed at 10p, wake at 8a would be ideal but I've never managed it.

I am ALWAYS beat and tired. One of these days...
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5-6 Wish it was more...
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sleep is most definitely important. I noticed that if I do not get more than 6 hours it effects my weight loss. I also feel extra tired. Almost like Im dragging through the day.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Like numerous others have said.....not enough!!

Whatever the cause you just learn to live with it because not being able to function is not an option!
  • looplulu
    looplulu Posts: 21
    Options
    Six is my ideal amount. Some nights I only get five, but it doesn't ever bother me.
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I push for a min of 7 hours... it just depends on class & work schedule. I do my best working out in the morning - at night it takes me too long to get to rest afterwards. Even at only 6 hours, I am falling alsleep around 3-4pm - So, 7 is my sweet-spot... 8 is Heavenly... :love: