Running at night with a concealed carry.

Options

Replies

• Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Oh COME ON. Some people carry pepper spray, some people carry pocket knives, some people carry guns. Sheesh.

It's pitch-black out where I live. I know I'm not the only person that carries something.

Ignore the dumb comments. I carry daily.
    There is a holster that I use for running which is located in my lower back.
    It wraps around like a belt and turns your pistol on its side.
    It still bounces a little, but nowhere near like it would on your side.
    There are several brands that make one, see what you prefer. some fit differently.
    I would say try a gun shop or like an Academy to test fit.

My holster carries my pistol with clip and has an additional slide for an extra mag.

Im with you, there doesnt need to be a Zombie Apacolypse or Invading foreign soldiers to justify feeling safe.
    If you feel better with it, TAKE IT!
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you would be better off with a Caucasian Shepherd.

tumblr_lw8itjcPSQ1qfst7co1_400.jpg

Oh damn now I want one!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    OP :

runnerholster.jpg

I can't bring up the page while at work, but I believe they are sold here :

http://www.undertechundercover.com/
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I can understand why you would want to carry a gun while you are running, but isn't a little dangerous just to have it floating around in your waistband?
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This dude on my friends list always carries

35021.jpg
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.

I like you! :flowerforyou:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I run at night with my 2 yr old. You bet I carry. I'm not going to caught by wildlife or a person without a weapon. Period. Plus I live in the south....this isn't something new. And no, we are not all gun toting rednecks, we just like our right to bear arms.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh COME ON. Some people carry pepper spray, some people carry pocket knives, some people carry guns. Sheesh.

It's pitch-black out where I live. I know I'm not the only person that carries something.

Ignore the dumb comments. I carry daily.
    There is a holster that I use for running which is located in my lower back.
    It wraps around like a belt and turns your pistol on its side.
    It still bounces a little, but nowhere near like it would on your side.
    There are several brands that make one, see what you prefer. some fit differently.
    I would say try a gun shop or like an Academy to test fit.

My holster carries my pistol with clip and has an additional slide for an extra mag.

Im with you, there doesnt need to be a Zombie Apacolypse or Invading foreign soldiers to justify feeling safe.
    If you feel better with it, TAKE IT!

THIS. I carry when I feel it's necessary and am glad I do. Way to go for protecting yourself!
  • chrisvinci
    Options
    haha I don't think liberals are going to come near this thread with a 10 foot pole. It fact I think they are all hiding in a cave right about now smoking a joint. I hope you didn't scare off 47% of the Americans on MyFitnessPal.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you would be better off with a Caucasian Shepherd.

Caucasian+Shepherd+Dog+28.jpg

this dog looks like he needs to be on here lol (is that still body shaming? :bigsmile: )

He probably lifts.

"fetch!!"..... comes back with a tree
  • jamers1949
    Options
    Good idea .Ignore the stupid remarks as there is no cure for stupid. I would suggest a fanny pack or a belly pack .It works for me .I do a lot of walking and do not run though. There are also wide elastic formfitting bands that would keep your gun from moving . Yes, the world of today is a very unpredictable place and it good to be aware and ready to defend your life,
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a big dog (Great Pyrenees) and he is NOT one to go walking or running. He gets about half a block away and sits down and I have to drag all 120lbs of him home.

I don't own a firearm but if I felt comfortable enough to I would carry it. I had to cut short my Saturday night walk/run because some dudes in a truck by the well lit park were making me nervous. In addition, certain rural areas have plenty of wild animals. Here we have feral dogs, coyotes, wild hogs and plenty of other nastiness. If an animal is close enough to pepper spray, there's really no hope.

Obviously you've gone through plenty of training to have your concealed permit. Stay safe.
  • Its_All_Gongfu
    Its_All_Gongfu Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area, 45mph two-lane road, very minimal houses, all woods and/or fields. I never ran at night so I was really nervous, don't own pepper spray, so I opted for my small gun. It was 9pm, and I can't go out for a run before then... I "know" I'm probably ok...but it's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Where do YOU put it??? I kept mine on my waistband at 8 o'clock (I'm a lefty) but I had to keep adjusting it as it was sliding around.

I honestly felt like just running with it in my hand because I was so frustrated... :laugh: Also, if you do carry, what type of holster do you use? I have a belt-clip hard plastic.

Hey...As a father to daughters, I applaud your intelligence. Hoping for the best in a truly pathetically stupid plan for a female (or anyone, actually) at night in lonely areas

I've found a fanny pack (yes, a fanny pack) to be perfect for hiking, running, bicycling, etc. Turn it to the front and it's more comfortable. Gotta snug it up some. Pefect, no...It's a trade-off.

Good luck.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the stats are on justifiable homicides/shootings. You always hear gun nuts saying how they need to carry guns but never hear much about them actually using them to protect themselves.
    Take some time to look this up. It happens all the time but the media says nothing about it. Why...because it makes a much better story about the psycho killing 50 people with his gun, than the person killing the one psycho before they do it!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about guns.
    But I live in a nasty, violent city and I would not go anywhere alone after dark even in our nicer neighborhood.
    My husband is a paramedic for this city's fire department and I know there are horribly evil people in this world.
    (Who would have thought the Boston Marathon??)
    Protect yourself and be safe :smile:
  • Its_All_Gongfu
    Its_All_Gongfu Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good idea .Ignore the stupid remarks as there is no cure for stupid. I would suggest a fanny pack or a belly pack .It works for me .I do a lot of walking and do not run though. There are also wide elastic formfitting bands that would keep your gun from moving . Yes, the world of today is a very unpredictable place and it good to be aware and ready to defend your life,

CONCUR!!! :drinker:
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So I have never concealed carried (YET!) but I would suggest you wear it around your waist/torso.. the issue with the ankle carry is that if you get attacked by some sort of animal you will probably have to stop kneel down- in prime biting range for something to attack you... it's extra seconds to access AND you're putting your face and chest right in biting range!
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    http://www.guntuck.com/

Great way to carry.

GUNTUCK_zps0ce04d3a.jpg
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    around here if a cop sees you running with a gun in your hand, you're as good as dead. I never worry about this- fat ppl are hard to kidnap
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the stats are on justifiable homicides/shootings. You always hear gun nuts saying how they need to carry guns but never hear much about them actually using them to protect themselves.
    Take some time to look this up. It happens all the time but the media says nothing about it. Why...because it makes a much better story about the psycho killing 50 people with his gun, than the person killing the one psycho before they do it!

Anyone hear of these stories? Nope....probably not.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7995072

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/90-year-old-woman-shoots-at-home-intruder/eln4pLU2Ek2GqXQZzh5dtw.cspx

But I guess this stuff only happens in Iran.
This discussion has been closed.