Daily 600 net calories, no weight lost. What's wrong?

Options

Replies

• iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

I just read this, and to me it sounded like the night time binges were causing her to put on weight, not the low calorie - she clearly wsn't being truthful about what she was putting in her body!
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough and your body is angry about it.

Get rady or the mass of responses that all same the same thing.

You cannot live eating that little. Right now your organs are struggling to operate properly and any weight you lose is likely lean body mass. Eat more. Calculate your BMR and TDEE

THIS!
  • TxRottie81
    TxRottie81 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thats a great read... ... really puts thngs intuo perspective. thanks for posting.
  • abrandon1968
    Options
    What did you wind up doing?
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    e
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    What did you wind up doing?
    Actually this is an old post and this OP has increased her calories and found her sweet spot since then.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Did anyone suggest eating more yet?
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you're only netting 600 calories a day, you're not eating NEARLY enough. Your body is freaking out because of it.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    EAT EAT EAT EAT. More. Please.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Did anyone suggest eating more yet?

bwahahahaha
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

winner winner chicken dinner....and yes OP, you should eat the chicken dinner...lol
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options

^ this.

Read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Eat.

^^ 100% second this :)
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    If you read her profile now, it looks like she decided to follow most people's advice and has increased her calories.
  • persistantone
    persistantone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You know what is weird about these entries? About 12 years ago I was put on a 480-calorie diet by Weight Loss Clinics plus I was walking a lot and exercising at the gym about every other day. The weight peeled off me like nobody's business! It was astonishing.

Of course I gained the weight back within the year.

Still, if starvation mode is such a big fat hairy problem, then why in the world did I lose weight so fast on the WLC diet?

I'm probably paying for it now. Can the effects of messing with your metabolism like that last this long?

Yep. Starvation is never good. It's kind of the antithesis of survival, of life itself. You lost weight because you were starving. Your body needed food aka energy to make sure all of your organs could continue working. Since you didn't provide it with enough food aka energy, your body literally ate itself, which is why you lost weight.

I'm really sorry that you were put on such a diet. The thing with weight loss is whatever you do to lose the weight must be what you can do for the rest of your life to keep the weight off aka lifestyle change.
  • brittknight828
    Options
    This may seem counter-intuitive, but try NOT exercising so much! Try Googling "exercise less to lose weight"...or any search phrase to that effect. You will find a number of recent studies indicating that burning calories through strenuous exercise to lose weight is counterproductive.

Depending on your metabolism and genetic make-up, rigorous exercise may be doing two things:

1. Increasing your hunger.
    2. Decreasing your metabolism.

I had the same problem for quite some time; assiduously monitoring calories, and exercising religiously to burn calorie intake...and did not lose weight. I didn't start losing until I actually significantly scaled back my exercise regimen.

Good luck to you!

I never even considered this before! I just Googled what you suggested, and I'm intrigued. Maybe working out too much has been my problem with not losing much weight. In the past, I upped my calories (as practically everyone on this site suggests), and I gained weight. Very interesting stuff. I will look into it more. Thanks for providing NEW information!! :)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5'4" and 145lbs. I am eating in average between 1000-1200 calories/day with 25% fat, 30% protein and 45% carbs of healthy organic food and exercise daily to spend 500-700 calories. My weekly average is 600 net calories per day. My metabolism burns 1600 calories per day. Based on those numbers, I should lose 2lbs per week. (1000 calories x 7 /3500 = 2lbs)
    What I am doing wrong? My only result so far is 1" lost on my waist. My goal is to BOTH lose fat and lose weight.
    I would appreciate your help!
    Thanks
    It depends on how much and what you are eating. Also give it time. If it has only been a week or month give it a full 60 days and then talk to your doctor and find out if there is any underlying medical issues.
  • keishamechele709
    keishamechele709 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you!

Also - did you notice that his formula for weight loss was this:

"to see results that make sense and that one would expect of someone who is active (30-60 minutes five or more days per week) and consuming a caloric intake of 1300-1500 calories per day."

That's pretty much contradictory to most of the advice given the OP - which is eat, eat, eat.
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I read that your net should be as close to 0 as possible without it going into minus numbers?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I read that your net should be as close to 0 as possible without it going into minus numbers?

Totally wrong. Your net should be equal to your goal - something over 1200 -definitely not zero! How's your body supposed to function on zero calories?!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The number at the bottom of your diary should be as close to zero as possible - as in you are eating what you 'should' be eating.