Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thanks for sharing..it was nice to get to know everyone a little better

Blackbelt...I have a thing for math guys...LOL
    I've always been horrible at math, and became a recruiter for actuaries....a very interesting (yet starnge) group of people :)
    Loved getting to know them etc

Kim
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've always been extremely fascinated by the mechanics of the human body and getting to peek inside and see first hand how things work...I can't even explain how awesome that is!

Yah, I know what you mean. When I first started doing cardiac nursing, they required us to watch a CABG surgery. There is nothing more awe-inspiring than seeing a beating heart inside a person's open chest. Then watching them STOP it and START it again....wow. Fascinating is right!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I own my own shop in a small village in Italy. I sell a little bit of everything from household items, toys, jewelry, lottery tickets, fireworks, photo frames, mirrors.....anything I find that I like.

I love having my own business. I can take my daughter to work with me. She has her own little space where she can do her homework after school and her own space outside where she can play. :smile:

That sounds like a fun job!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    My kids are couch holders and money absorbers.:noway:

LOL!!! LOVE this!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options

I visited the career center last year for resume advice and found out that I'm really what's called "avocational"
    I want to be a lady of leisure! :laugh: :laugh:

That's what I am - or as I say it "a kept woman"
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am currently caring for my two month and 19 month grandsons as I decided my next step in career choices. I worked in the government finances for 20 years before returning to university to earn my degress in psy & social work. Just return from living in UK doing social work, am burn out at this point, but will get back to doing what I love...can't help myself, it's rising people, people , people for me.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I am a receptionist at a campground here in the rockies. One day I want to be a Christian Counselor and a Paramedic!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I am a SAHM and daycare provider for 3 others kids. Prior to moving to Canada I worked at a day program/school for mentally and physically handicapped adults, as well as a PA for the mentally and physically handicapped adults, going into their homes and helping them with things they or their family could not achieve on their own, from personal hygiene to companionship. I LOVED my job and still miss "my guys". Right before I moved we decided to open up a daycare for children with disabilities as well and I was to head that department. At 19 yrs old that was a HUGE accomplishment for me. Then I moved to Canada to be with my hubby got pregnant within a month and have been an at home mommy since.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Right now I stay at home with my kiddos, but I'm sure I'll have to be returning to work soon blah! I work at a call centre taking catalogue orders, but hope to find something a bit more substantial before I return there! I only have 6 months maternity leave left and it's just never enough time! This is why I fully encourage my kids when it comes to school, I always tell them they don't want something that doesn't satisfy them!
  • areason4stars
    Options
    Full time nursing student! I also am a 'carhop" at a drive inn, roller skates and all :)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I'm a security consultant for a international christian relief org. :happy:
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I am first and foremost a sahm. On top of that, I work part time as a loss prevention associate at a large local retailer. I love love love my job(s)! I love catching shoplifters, it's such an adrenaline rush, time after time, it never gets old!!

My husband is a chemist at an army ammunition plant here.

Heidi
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom, wife, and co-business owner. My husband and I own our own business we run game provider server company.... My husband mostly runs it but I do a few things here and their, we have an intern so whenever he needs me to do admin stuff I do. My husband is also a police officer who works night for the time being so, I do everything. I have done may things and I can say the only one I love is what I am doing right now.
    My sister in law is going to be 13 this year and her parents work till 6 she's into sports and youth group so I am sure once school starts back up I am going to be a shopher(spelling???).

I use to be a weight loss counselor (I managed 3 stores) I loved helping with weight loss but I will never do it agian. I have also worked in daycare, I would love to watch a few kids in my home but I don't want to do it in a daycare setting, the kids don't get the one- on-one care they need.

69451.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

1st Goal: 165 By My Daughter's 1st Birthday
    2nd Goal: 140 By My Husband's Birthday
    Ultimate Goal: To Be a size 6
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    I'm a student! work as a receptionist at a gym. going to be a registered dietician.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have been an elementary school teacher for the past 32 years. I've taught every grade from 3rd through 6th. I don't have any desire yet to retire and I plan on working at least 6-10 more years before I retire. My husband is a high school history and psychology teacher and just retired from being a boys basketball coach a year ago.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I have been a stay at home mom for 10 years... and a Nanny on the side to various infants and toddlers till they go to preschool. I have also homeschooled both my kids for the last three years. This upcoming September my kids will be going to a Christian school....and so will I! I will be a Teacher's Aid for Kindergarten working the same hours my kids go to school ...at their school! Unfortunately that means I have to quit my current job as a full time nanny to a now 10 month old who I have had since she was 2 months......and actually be working outside my home ..Yikes! My husband works for Hasbro Toy Company..which my kids..of course...LOVE!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Full time nursing student! I also am a 'carhop" at a drive inn, roller skates and all :)

Good luck with nursing school! The carhop job sounds like a blast! Fun fun!
  • Beth082485
    Beth082485 Posts: 48
    Options
    Right now I am a graduate student who works part time as a therapeutic support staff for an agency that works with children who have Autism. I have two clients that I work with. When I graduate in May of 2010, I will be a liscenced school psychologist! 2 more years!!!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have been an elementary school teacher for the past 32 years. I've taught every grade from 3rd through 6th. I don't have any desire yet to retire and I plan on working at least 6-10 more years before I retire. My husband is a high school history and psychology teacher and just retired from being a boys basketball coach a year ago.

God bless you both for what you do! :happy:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My first job is MOM, Then WIFE, Then SURGICAL TECH/SURGERY ASSISTANT :happy:

I LOVE my job as a ST! I get to scrub and work hand and hand with the surgeons. I've always been extremely fascinated by the mechanics of the human body and getting to peek inside and see first hand how things work...I can't even explain how awesome that is! :happy:
    It really is a great job!
    My favorites are OB/GYN, Podiatry/Ortho and General. Neurology us to be one of my #1 favorites, but all the Neuro surgeons left our town :frown:
    Kel~ :flowerforyou:

I'm a surgical technologist also!!! How strange... Usually people look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them my job title! I don't usually meet many other ST's!

I work in Labor and Delivery, have for the past 5.5 years. I'm also a nursing student (hence the name).