Would you count this as exercise?

Options
124»

Replies

• donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Id log 4 hours and take the other 4 hours as bonus ... but then thats how I log all of my exercise :)
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you're heart rate isn't elevated, it isn't exercise!

Your heart rate isn't elevated while you're sitting either, but you sure as hell burn more calories walking around for hours than you do by sitting. That's the point of the question.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a bonus and not log it.

^^ This.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't, I'd also just not even worry about that day besides making healthier eating choices.
    You will probably burn more than you do on a normal day so if you really want to I'd only log 1/4-1/2 of the time you walk and set it at no more than 2.5mph.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't.

Unless I am walking hard and my heart rate is getting up there I really don't count casual walks around fairs, festivals, shopping etc. to be considered "exercise".
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a bonus and not log it.

This

Agreed. Think about your heart rate..... is it truly going to get elevated from strolling around and stopping every couple of feet to see a booth? For me, bonus would be the way to go.

Enjoy the festival! :smile:
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I log it so that I know what I did that day in relation to how hungry I was or tired/sore the next day etc., but I only put it in for 1 calorie, which is what I do with all my exercise anyways.
  • mmctaw
    mmctaw Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Festivals are fun but unfortunately this is already built into the normal calculations so do not count this as exercise.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely log it. 7-8 hours of walking around in that sort of scenario can be 500+ calories. That's not included in my "sedentary TDEE" calculations so I definitely add it.

I want my data to be accurate. I may not eat it all back (though I probably would), but I would definitely log it.

The only reason not to log it is if these calories for that day are already covered in your pre-set calorie goal.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a festival this weekend and I will be walking around for roughly 7-8 hours. It won't be fast walking, just casual to see all the little booths and entertainment areas. This isn't something I normally do since I work a desk job.

Would you count this towards your exercise for the day (fully or partially) or just enjoy the extra burn?

I would not count it as exercise.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Festivals are fun but unfortunately this is already built into the normal calculations so do not count this as exercise.

not when she has herself down as sedentary.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I would log it as "Walking, leisurely pace" for half the time you are out there (to account for the stopping and standing).