What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options
Just like the subject says, what is the true reason for you wanting to get in shape?

Replies

• DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    I am moving to Tampa in the summer and want to look good for the beach. Plain and simple. :smile:
    Yours?
  • Phx99
    Phx99 Posts: 69
    Options
    Summer is coming...I want to look good, and I'm tired of having to hide in oversized things. Pure vanity. :)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I want to be more energetic. I'm too young to feel this decrepit.
  • Bloodredbunny83
    Options
    I have always been bigger in the Marlyn Monroe way and happy but after 2 kids broken feet and 2 sets of grandparents killed. My body and confidence is not were I want it to be. I have always been active and adventurous and when I realized I wasn't doing the things I loved or feeling the way I knew I could. This is also effecting my kids I want to be a role model not a blob that watches life pass by. That is the real reason for me. I am not built to be tiny and I would never aspire to be smaller than I am.
  • cinner506
    cinner506 Posts: 50
    Options
    I want to be a good role model for my daughter! I want to be around for a LONG time!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    60% health related (blood sugar, blood pressure) and 40% vanity.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have diabetes and heart disease as major health problems. I had a heart attack and open heart surgery to bypass 5 blocked coronary arteries. My health is the real reason for wanting to get in shape. My NSV is buying clothes off the rack instead of out of catalogs.
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm vain enough to want to look good, lazy enough that I don't want to fight that fight when age sets in, and smart enough to know that my kids are learning my habits. I want them to understand what a healthy balanced lifestyle is.

Edited for typosGhAt
  • MrsWells1983
    Options
    Because I'm obese, 30 and don't want to spend my 30's feeling fat, unattractive, frumpy and down right gross which is how I spent the majority of my 20s. I also 'think' I'm done with having kids (mum of 3 here) so I want to get a sexy, toned post baby body. This will be the body I've never had before and I'm excited and can't wait to unveil it!

Tam x
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Health and to prove to the "other" doctor that I don't need the cholesterol meds he was trying to shove down my throat without even running a blood panel.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good while naked. :drinker:
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've never felt like I was sexy or a girl guys wanted. And I want to be HOT when I get married and before I start having kids.
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options

This!
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Honestly, i just want to be hot.
    I want others to be jealous, even though they can't be because they didn't try.
    I want to show how hard i have worked to get the killer body!
    Look hot at the beach in a bikini and look good all clothed off.
    (:
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like my butt. lol
  • size8pants
    Options
    Mostly vanity. I don't want to look 6 months pregnant anymore. I want to lose my double chin. I don't want to be embarrassed anymore. I want to set a better example for my kids too.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have always been overweight, spending most of my high school years at 180lbs. I lost some of the weight, but gained it all back plus more. I ended up weighing 220 lbs, I didn't fit into any of my clothes, I didn't like how I looked. Now that I am actually trying to get into shape, I actually like breaking my PRs and pushing myself to do better.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options

This...plus I'm going home this summer for the first time in 14 years, I know I won't be at the weight I want to be, but I don't want to be at the weight I'm at now. Also, health issues in the future I wish to be no part of and I have 3 kids and I want to be a good example.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    To be objectified.
  • OhioViking79
    OhioViking79 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I want to be the wife my husband will always be attracted to! He still behaves now the same way he always has towards me, but i want to feel like i deserve a husband that desires me :blushing:

I also want to set a good example for my daughter, and drop jaws when i go home this summer for the first time in three years! No more being mistaken for being pregnant when the kid is 7!