What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I thought if I got in shape I'd be able to do handstands and pull-ups. All I got was thinner and able to do push-ups and one pull-up.
  • msbestday
    Options
    Because in June I take my certification to be a personal fitness trainer.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    To feel happy with what I see in the mirror and know that what I see is what I worked so hard to get.
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I want to wear only heels and body paint. Glow in the Dark Body Paint. At a rave.
    2 more months :happy:
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I want to looks hot, as well as look good for meeting my guy's family and friends as well as looking good for when I move... And feel like I have aches like an old man does... -.- AND, I'm tired of looking at everyone on the street, on the internet, on the sidewalk and feeling ashamed to be in public because I'm comparing myself to them D: What are YOUR reasons :)
  • prettymomsrule
    Options
    There are so many!!! Mainly, I want to get back into shape for myself, I want to feel good in my clothes again. I have such cute stuff going to waste in my closet! :p Also for my family. I want to be all over healthier to make sure I can keep up with my 3 year old daughter. It's not bad now but I want to make sure that it doesn't get out of control and make sure I get back on a healthy regimen. GO ME!! :D
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1. Most importantly, I have a beautiful 14 month old, whom I cherish, and want to spend every moment actively along side of as he grows up.
    2. Everyday is an adventure for me, I love life. This is one area I have neglected. I was diagnosed, pre diabetes, borderline high blood pressure, and borderline cholesterol. I was taking 2 different Rx for reflux and stomach issues, I take Ambien to sleep. My goal is to be off ALL Rx medications this summer.
    3. I have pants in size 34, 36, 38 and 40. I live in a small house. I want to get rid of everything and never buy pants larger than 34's ever again.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    to reach my natural genetic limit!
  • lumadances
    Options
    I'm so unhealthy it's terrible. I want to be energetic and healthy again.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have never been a small person. I probably never will be a small person, except for height I am 5'4''. But, I have a rather large frame and I have probably a lot of muscle buried so, I want to uncover my muscle and see what I got there. I really wish I could say vanity is the reason, it sort of is, I wanna see my muscles. But, mostly it's health. I am very sick right now and I want to be able to do stuff nothing like an extreme adventure, but I want to be able to walk more than a couple of miles without killing myself. A couple of years ago a two mile walk left me in bad shape for a couple of weeks. My hands were so puffy I could barely use them. My feet got so swollen I could barely walk. In short it was pretty horrible. Just a couple years earlier and that long a walk wouldn't have even been a thing.

Right now I am on a lot of meds as well. I don't want to have to take medicine for high blood pressure, high glucose, and high cholesterol for the rest of my life. Especially when I read that diet and exercise can get those problems under control. I realize I can't ever go back to what I was doing, because even if I do get my health under control if I go back I will get sick again very fast.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Its a split between wanting to be healthy and spite lol.
  • g1lbertsgrape
    g1lbertsgrape Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To be able to go into a store and buy anything off the rack and without wondering "will the biggest size fit"?
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Vanity. Period. Plain and simple. I want to look good in a bikini. I want to look like I did in the military. I want my husband to look at me and drool, and I want him to be proud to have me when other guys looks at me in public. And I want to do all of this even WITH two kids under the age of three.
  • samsara18
    samsara18 Posts: 40
    Options
    Start getting fit so my body is more resilient (and toned). Start eating nutritious food rather than processed to plan for pregnancy.
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i don't want to be the fatty in our group of friends anymore.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    For my future family.

I grew up around unhealthy loved ones. I just want the best for them. Weird, huh
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It honestly has way more to do with how I feel rather than how I look. I also tore an ACL last year - for the 3rd time. Nothing worked to make me mobile and feel better like yoga has. Have full ROM and opted out of surgery. Best decision ever.

But all in all, I'm pretty much addicted to my mood. I am always in a good mood these days. And I sleep like a rock, something I struggled with for years also from working night shift.

And it feels good to feel strong and to look and feel truly healthy.
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    TrainSweatEatSleep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    to live a century on this polluted planet
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Tired of being out of shape and depressed by the way I looked.

8488541.png
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    attention.