What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• Kaasie1
    Kaasie1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Vanity - I wanna look sexy!
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My main one, though there were others, is insecurity.
    I used to be one of those girls who was quite popular, not like one of those high school *****y *look at me I'm so perfect* girls but I had a lot of friends, and guys asked me out a lot, and I'd never have a shortage of people to talk to when I went out and I could just make friends like that. I never really thought much of myself in that way, I never thought that I was good looking or better than anyone else, and I still don't now. I used to think I was fat back then, like legitimately fat, not like *oh woe, I gained a lb and now I'm an elephant*, but fat where I would wear ridiculously big clothing to hide in the summer, and never wore anything flattering, and looking back, I can see I should have kicked myself in the head and recognised the pretty slim girl I was.
    The only thing in my favour was that I was a confident person. Despite how I felt about myself, I was very confident.
    When I gained weight and the confidence vanished, the friends vanished, people stopped talking to me, no-one hit on me anymore, it was like a social nuclear armageddon.

I never considered myself to be anything other than just a girl, and when that all went, I realised how much I had, and how I wasted it.

I don't like feeling like I can't go to a friends BBQ without people eyeing me thinking I might start stuffing my pockets with burgers. I want to be able to go to the beach and not give a single toot that people might think I'm a little bit overweight still, I want to be able to look like I'm confident because I lost a lot of my confidence once I gained weight, and I think people react better to confidence than they do to physical appearance.
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So next time I tell someone I'm happy with my body, I mean it!!! :)
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want ABS. ^^V

Oh and this!!
  • SukieCookie
    SukieCookie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to look good for my wedding day :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    My life became intolerable. I needed something to feel good about.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    To look like the sexy sister on my wedding day and not th frumpy one and to be a smokin hot wife for my smokin hot hubby to be
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    i dont want to drop dead of a massive heart attack in my forties and leave my 3 kids without a daddy.

I've promised myself a really really expensive desinger suit when I hit my target weight. Only 30lbs to go!
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love life :smile:
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was morbidly obese. I started to feel that my life was leaving me behind and that I couldnt keep up with things. If I went out dancing I couldnt dance to more than one song at a time without becoming exhausted. I got to a point where I hated that Katie Perry Fireworks song because I couldnt keep up.

My friends would go on walks and do energetic things and I couldnt do it. The only things I ended up being invited to were dinners!

I went travelling and there were things I couldnt do because of my weight and at my age that shouldnt have been a factor. In some cases, I was left behind with a 70 year old woman who also couldnt keep up. Mind you she had just had surgery on both her knees. I didnt exactly have that excuse.

Anyway... The more I thought about this and the more I got left behind, the more determined I became to lose weight and to get back into my life.

I'm never going to have a perfect beach body. I accept that. Too much damage has been done by a lifetime of obesity BUT I am going to be fit and I am not going to get left behind again!
  • fit_ania
    fit_ania Posts: 26
    Options
    To look amazing on a beach :)
    Feel free to add me. I need friends to motivate me
  • grabenson7
    Options
    I just want to look good, and I'm tired of have a big fat belly....................................................... health & vanity. :)
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    health. to live long
    vanity. to look good
    functionality. to take part in activities
    ease. to find clothes.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to vanity in the end - if we weren't vain why would we care what we looked like? I couldn't blame "skimpy cheap cutting" any more as the reason UK 16 was too tight and I was having to buy the odd 18 (I was a small 12 when I married 23 years ago). I didn't like my holiday photos - my bare arms looked like big joints of pork - and when I bent over to tie up trainers I felt like I had a 5-month baby bump - and my "baby" is 13! Plus hubs is finishing his OU degree this year (and elder son is already nearly at the end of his first year at uni) and I want to look nice in the graduation pics

With only 2 years to my half-century I knew that however hard it was to lose weight now, it was only going to get harder! And now I've started Zumba I've actually found an exercise I LOVE (not tolerate, not like, LOOOOOOOVE) which actually makes me hopeful the lifestyle change will stick this time.:smile:
  • Inazea
    Inazea Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was in shape until last summer, then I really let myself go and now I am overweight and everytime I see my muffin top I feel bad. It needs to be gone.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    overall health.

better body composition.

be able to actually say I did it.:drinker:
  • FlickMclightly
    FlickMclightly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    70% Vanity - 30% Health
    I want to look good in a Bikini !
    All my friends (x3 besties) are qute petite (around 5'4) I am 5'8 - in photo's I always look like the 50foot woman --- and being slightly overweight doesn't help. I want to get rid of my muffin top, and just feel nice and slim, not wobbly, when I am in my summer clothes.
  • iamstarstuff
    Options
    Vanity! I want to look good naked for hubby and I want to wear whatever clothes I want without fear of spilling out of them ;) I'm hoping it motivates me to be more social as well... When I'm fat I don't want people to see me that knew me when I was thin :-/
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I don't want to break my hand punching somebody again
    (i want to be fit healthy and strong)
  • jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm vain enough to want to look good, lazy enough that I don't want to fight that fight when age sets in, and smart enough to know that my kids are learning my habits. I want them to understand what a healthy balanced lifestyle is.

Edited for typosGhAt

Same here. I also want to be independent when I get older.