• harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Mornin...
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    How are we all today?

I have my weights program later so that should wake me up and get the testosterone flowing
  • Tracey1147
    Tracey1147 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    As its in the afternoon do you think you'll have the same problem as the morning workout?
  • Melissaf0925
    Options
    Damn, I actually have to do work for 5 days and I spend my first 30 min at work playing catch up on the thread! Apparently I missed a lot.

Morning all (afternoon to those in England)...
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Damn, I actually have to do work for 5 days and I spend my first 30 min at work playing catch up on the thread! Apparently I missed a lot.

When we put our mind to it, we can go at it like rabbits :wink:
  • Melissaf0925
    Options

When we put our mind to it, we can go at it like rabbits :wink:

lol. I can imagine! Its half the fun of getting in shape (at least for me).

I actually almost checked in Monday when I pulled an all nighter but I KNEW I'd get distracted and my project wouldn't get done... I should have saved myself the catching up.
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    As its in the afternoon do you think you'll have the same problem as the morning workout?
    Probs more so with it being weights but it is easier to sort on an evening :wink:
  • harvo
    Options
    I would like your opinions please. I was told last night that what I said may have been the dumbest thing this person had heard in their life.

Due to weather I have umpired 2 innings in 2 days but have recieved full payment per the contract for said games. Last night after waiting around about an hour and a half they called the game due to field conditions. When I said this sucks the AD said "you will still get paid" and my answer was "I understand that but this season has been one blow out and bad baseball so I was looking forward to 2 good games of softball between rivals. I would rather umpire than miss out on this." I had a parent look at me crazy and one of the ball players made the comment, "that is the dubest thing I have ever heard. Who doesn't want to get paid to not do anything." Am I the only one that thinks the kid/parent is nuts? Your turn..is it me or the kid/parent?
  • Tracey1147
    Options
    I agree with both. To get paid to do nothing is good but I understand that you wasn't talking about the money when you said it sucked. You were looking forward to the game itself. It was a disappointment for you that you missed the game. The silver lining was that you still got paid.
    Its like people who do a job/hobby for the love and passion they have for it and the getting paid is a bonus
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I would like your opinions please. I was told last night that what I said may have been the dumbest thing this person had heard in their life.

Due to weather I have umpired 2 innings in 2 days but have recieved full payment per the contract for said games. Last night after waiting around about an hour and a half they called the game due to field conditions. When I said this sucks the AD said "you will still get paid" and my answer was "I understand that but this season has been one blow out and bad baseball so I was looking forward to 2 good games of softball between rivals. I would rather umpire than miss out on this." I had a parent look at me crazy and one of the ball players made the comment, "that is the dubest thing I have ever heard. Who doesn't want to get paid to not do anything." Am I the only one that thinks the kid/parent is nuts? Your turn..is it me or the kid/parent?

Assuming that you umpire mainly due to the love of the sport / interaction rather than the pay then your sentiments are perfectly understandable. Unfortunatly most people view things monetarily.

I have seen in my own line of work it change from being a vocation / calling to 'just another job' that therefore the motivation / attitude of individuals has changed.

You have not gone mad, yet!
  • harvo
    Options
    Glad to hear,,,,this is threapy, part time job, and hobby for me. it makes my day job eadier to handle. I have had a craptakular season thus far and was looking forward to the big rival game of teams evenly matched.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I also need to vent for a minute.

can i tell you how much it sucks sitting in front of an 80" screen with CNN on ALL day every day? this week I am emotionally drained just from sitting in my desk chair, with nonstop images of Boston and now West, Texas on my screen for my 8.5 hour work days....

i'm thinking about leaving early today just so i can go home and cry and decompress.
  • Tracey1147
    Options
    Vent all you want. Its terrible whats happening.
    Maybe go to the gym to work off some frustration and emotions or just go home and sleep. Try to remember you need to look after yourself.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, i don't even have time to think about the gym until saturday :( i have physical therapy, both jobs, and a class tomorrow night.

i need a bottle of wine. or a morphine drip.
  • MrsVal03
    MrsVal03 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Y'all!

I've missed a lot :(
  • harvo
    Options
    unfortunately, i don't even have time to think about the gym until saturday :( i have physical therapy, both jobs, and a class tomorrow night.

i need a bottle of wine. or a morphine drip.

I do not have a bottle of wine nor can I provide a morphine drip...All I can offer is my prayers, a big hug and a shoulder to cry on...hope it helps...
  • Melissaf0925
    Options
    I also need to vent for a minute.

can i tell you how much it sucks sitting in front of an 80" screen with CNN on ALL day every day? this week I am emotionally drained just from sitting in my desk chair, with nonstop images of Boston and now West, Texas on my screen for my 8.5 hour work days....

i'm thinking about leaving early today just so i can go home and cry and decompress.

*hugs*

I am dreading going to lunch because they have CNN on and I'm sure there will be something going on. And I work across the hall from a Senator, so I have been getting to deal with the Risen scare/ "if you get anything suspicious in your mail for us don't touch it, notify the police and let us know too!"
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    Morning all. Fist time in a long while I am wearing a sleeveless top to work! Hoping summer in arriving

I am disappointed in you all :grumble:

Not one of you picked up on Tracey's 'Fist time' :noway: Now I knew she was a bit frisky, but man this in new depths :laugh:

P.S. Morning :flowerforyou:
  • Tracey1147
    Options
    Morning all!
    My first time was great, thought I'd try it again today :wink:
  • harvo
    Options
    Morning ladies...may I get you anything?