Calling all the FUN-SIZED people! 5ft and under

Options

Replies

• AllNewMelanie
    AllNewMelanie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and at my heighest I was 220 pounds, I couldn't believe that I had gotten myself get so high :( I feel like I hold my weight really well so it never really bothered me but one day it just clicked that I need to do something and when I put my mind to something I am full force. Since September 2012 I have gone tot he gym 5-6x a week and pushed myself and started eating better as well. My husband really likes to eat and he still does so its really hard because he never gains anything...I have learned so much in this journey but I am so happy and feel wonderful. I am 9 pounds away from my original goal but now I am really just focusing on toning, I LOVE weight training and hope to be in the size I want my September of this year! I am always up to new friends so if you are needing a little extra motiviation BRING IT ON!! You all are AMAZING and keep up the fantastic work my sweets :heart:

e73bfc47-c503-470a-ac78-10475789eea9_zps62eea725.jpg

697e8c5c-783f-43e6-abd8-702effdd9d60_zps06a0975f.jpg

72e7fc3b-62c2-4bb3-9f9c-91fb308e7afe_zps608d5ee6.jpg
  • ittibits
    ittibits Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 4'8. Just started here last week. At my highest I was 192, lost 50 lbs and gained 40 of it back due to Peritoneal Dialysis. Now I'm working to lose 50lbs again so I can get re-activated on the transplant list. Anyone here can add me, I'm always looking for people to inspire me and keep me on track :smile:
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    5' and i try to claim 1/2" but everyone knows I'm "stretching" the truth - bwahaahaa....pics in my profile - 1 from before MFP (lost about 50 on my own before finding this site..) and another 50 since joining in october - yeehaw!! not at goal yet but under 140 for the first time since i was...??? 11???
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is the kind of thread I needed to see this morning.

I'm 5-foot and started at 287 currently in the 190s wearing 16-20 pxl-xxl depending on brand. I don't have true progress pics and that kind of makes me a little sad. Oh well, I have the clothes I wore so I'm at least going to put them back on when I'm done!
  • thisisgreatsmile
    thisisgreatsmile Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So nice to see that there are so many "fun-sized" people like me...I always feel so short everywhere I go:smile: I as well can only claim 5" if I wear very tall heels:blushing: I love MFP and have found everyone to be so supportive and encouraging on this site - feel free to add me if you are looking for someone that logs on everyday:flowerforyou: My starting weight was 202lbs and I am a long way away from posting before and after pictures:blushing:
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi;

I'm 4'9"; I don't have any pictures, but last year at this time I was 184 and now I'm 156! I am following the Petite Advantage Diet, a book written by Jim Karas. It is the only thing that has worked for me in a very long time. I want to lose more weight, and for many reasons, have not really progressed in the last few months. But I'm a believer, and if I can lose, so can you!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Not at goal, but I'm definitely fun sized! (5'0") :drinker:

f854edd2-d355-420d-b7c6-350c6fd5dab6_zps7320b9c5.jpg
    caaf75c2-fa59-41ed-96f6-270abb439351_zps06b081aa.jpg
    9abc2112-9fca-49ac-809f-8cd43c75eb01_zpse41be7e0.jpg

Also, bumping because I love seeing the progress shots for us shorties!!

Excellent! You are making fantastic progress!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    5 feet 1/2 inch here.......Don't you love getting measured twice at the doctor's office. It is always - let me measure again. Looking to lose a minimum of 50 lbs. 54 yrs old. This is my year and I will make it happen. Friend me if you want support.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Lol this thread is pretty cute.. I want to pick you ladies up and put you in my pocket
  • zianazim1025
    zianazim1025 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    4"11 :-) i started at 171 now i am 163 and i got a longggg way to go but everyones progress pictures always motivate me to stay on track ! i have been on MFP for about 25 days, so 8 pounds lost is great for me! i hope to post pictures at some point when i get the courage ! till then i would love some new freinds and some motivation anyone feel free to add me !
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am 4ft and 11.5 inches, I would to lose about 40 more pds. I am trying REALLY hard and I won't give up!!! :wink:
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, "fun-sized" i just love that
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi all shorties!

I am 5 foot nothing, 204 lbs now. Ultimate GW 110 and working GW 50 lbs lost.

I can't post pictures yet as I am still new to MFP and have not lost enough weight to make a good comparison, but hope to do so by the end of summer. I relate to what many of you wrote - it is frustrating to have a lot of weight on a small frame. For me, I am sick of clothes just not fitting right. My 9 year old thought I looked like the description of the Hobbit after she read the book for the first time (no hair on my feet though - thank goodness)!

Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other to toward better fun-sizedness!
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    5'0" guy here...

33wb9yv.jpg
    5eub02.jpg

So proud of you!!! Great job!
  • suzysweetpea
    suzysweetpea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 inches, I too have struggled with weight, been harder to loose because of my age, but I don't intend to give up or grow old gracefully..LOL...sorry, no before or after pic's to share.
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is the thread for me!!! :)

5 feet. I was 144, now 127, but I lost lots of inches! Still a ways to go!
    Always looking for similar sized friends!
  • zdreamer
    zdreamer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see all of the "fun-sized" people. I am 5ft tall. I started this at 229. I had been 30 pounds down and the last two years of full time job, part time job plus finishing my bachelor's just allowed me to creep my way back up.

Time to get down to business now! I am fighting the letdown of not being on the go 60-75 hours a week but at the same time, it frees up time to plan my food, cook my food and exercise. So, I'm trying to escape the "blahs" and get moving. I think I am beginning to see light at the end of my tunnel.

I plan to log in and motivate and be motivated!!!

You all are doing fabulous and are an inspiration!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 4'10 also and am down 27 lbs total so far in about 6 1/2 mnths...I have some pics on my page..Feel free to add me :)
    I'm need of inspiration! I'm 4'10 and currently tipping the scale at 180. I would love to see any other shorties out there who have comparison pics of their weight loss journey. Please and thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and I am always looking for new friends. :smile:
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great transformation. I see your ticker is zumba is that what your exercise is. Is that how you changed your body or do you do other things. Keep it up you are looking great. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!