What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I dont want to die because of my weight.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    To fit into my size 5 jeans and to look better for my husband when he comes back from his deployment. He's been working out, too!
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My reason I want to get into shape, So I can be active and healthy. Comfortable with my body.When I look in the mirror I would be able say Damn, Who that girl is! :)
  • lauragholan
    Options
    Congratulations on 75 lbs. lost!
  • jillallardyce
    Options
    Hmmmm. The deep, true, absolute reasons for wanting to get in shape.... hmmmm.
    lets see. First and foremost I want to get into shape for competitive performance.
    Better marathon times. Less fatigue through endurance training.
    And last... I want to have the body I work for through fitness... But can only be obtained through nutrition.
    Now I see the light!!!
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm going to University and I want to change and not be 'the fat girl' I was in secondary school.
    Also want to be an actress and I'm aware that casting directors want you to 'look the part' and being slightly heavier won't get me doing the roles and the type of theater I want to do.
  • lauragholan
    Options
    I've gained 20 pounds and can't fit into my summer clothes anymore. I'm tired of wearing the same 3 outfits to work.
  • jillallardyce
    Options
    Most people feel the way you do. Sad but true...
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I miss roller coasters, I miss not worrying about chairs with arm rests, I want to zip line, I'm tired of checking weight limits on various exercise equipment, and I miss feeling confident and comfortable in my body. I'm tired of the social stigma, which means that even though I've lost 60 pounds, strangers would have no way of knowing that and probably assume I'm a lazy fatty who stuffs her face and increases their insurance premiums. I feel like I should wear a shirt that says, "I'VE LOST 60 POUNDS", but then I wonder why I even care what other people think. I want to stop that cycle.

Also, even though I know he loves me and adores me and honestly does not care about my weight, I want to feel more attractive to my boyfriend. I don't flirt with him as much as I want to because I feel so disgusting and don't think I'm sexy. The more weight I lose, the more confident I get, but I'm still verrrrry shy and often second-guess myself. I can't wait to reach a weight where I won't feel like a moron wearing a sexy nightgown. I want to look like a woman, not like a fetish ad.
  • tenkesh
    tenkesh Posts: 81
    Options
    Cause I feel like crap when I'm out of shape and not exercising.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I want to FEEL Sexy!!! And, I want to be healthy.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    To Look Good NAKED!!! :happy:
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My kids. They won't be the one with a fat mama anymore. And also I'm a lay speaker for my church. I want to be confident enough to stand up and preach without wondering if they are listening to my words or thinking about how fat I am!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    im aready in shape but i want to stay in shape to live a long, happy and fun life.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    To look good and feel good inside and out.
    Also because I'll be much more confident about my body.
    I want to be healthy too.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My health issues (high blood pressure, depression, etc) and just wanting to feel good in my own skin again.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Because I've gained 1 lb a year for 20 years and that is NOT a good path to be on when I think what I would be like at 65 (20 more years) if I don't change.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I want to feel comfortabel in my jeans.... no more muffin top!!!
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I want to:
    Challenge my teens to keep up with ME
    Have more energy
    Be more of an athlete, no longer being benched
    Turn heads
    Run like the wind
    No longer hide behind objects/others in pictures
    Be asthma free or at least suffer less
    Wear DRESSES