What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    To be ravishable. :blushing:
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Feel awesome and energetic, look good, eat more food as I can kick:bigsmile: start my metabolism after I pack on some more muscle
  • learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Health & self esteem :)
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    So I'm not embarrassed to be seen shirtless ..............maybe even by someone else someday
  • monikalrobinson
    monikalrobinson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 50 years old next month and I want to look my very best for my half-of-a-century big day! I lost 25 lbs on the OMNI program and wanted to lose 10 more the good ol' fashioned way-through healthy diet and lots of exercise. I love to exercise because I know that it makes me look and feel better every day. It also keeps my bipolar symptoms at bay and keeps me from having to take medications. My diet also helps with this. Also, my boyfriend is taking me on a Caribbean cruise for my 50th birthday and I have 3 bikinis that I want to look good in. I love this website and the way it manages every aspect of my fitness goals. I wish you all the best and the same for me!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So I can be 90 and still be able to move around like a rock star.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Both of my parents have/had high blood pressure, diabeties and high cholesterol. I don't want to end up like them. My mom had a stroke and died of cancer. TOTAL EYE OPENER FOR ME!
  • phr34kish
    Options
    I've struggled with my weight my entire life, and just found out why last summer: diagnosed with PCOS. So I'm working to make myself healthy, and learn to love myself again. :)
  • mailhena
    mailhena Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to fit in my small size clothes
  • ScorpioCurse
    Options
    My father recently died at a relatively young age. I want to be around for as long as possible for my family. If I do go early I want it to be from some sort of crazy action sports accident while out living, not heart disease. ;-)
  • SweetLillyM
    Options
    My employer offered free blood work and when I got the results I realized how unhealthy I really was. My lifestyle had to change before I ended up having a heart attack at a young age. I turned 30 shortly after that and decided it was time to change my life.

My employer offered the free blood work again this year, it was almost a year later and I had lost 70 pounds, my results were MUCH better! I feel so much healthier, have a lot more energy, and I'm enjoying my new lifestyle.

I did this for me! :)
  • JSTworkinout
    JSTworkinout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not sure sometimes its a game see how far down i can go then i creep back up its all science and math really playing with numbers as long as i don't go up past my limit it gives me a goal and when i reach it is like i say now what ???
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Total vanity - want to do more modeling jobs in the summer just for the fun of it bc I'm kinda old now. But looking good in tight jeans, short tops is def something I miss.
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. I want to be healthy - my family history is filled with many medical conditions I've been lucky to have avoided so far. I want to keep it that way.
    2. I want to have a baby.
    3. I've dropped over a 100+ lbs and have managed to gain some of it back. Which I'm not happy about.
    4. Tired of people and their inuendos.
    5. VANITY
  • MikeLoyd
    MikeLoyd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The doctor put me on blood pressure pills two years ago. Happy to say I am off of those now :) I feel that we are obligated to be good stewards of our bodies. Now that I have made some major lifestyle changes I feel much more disciplined in other areas of my life.
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    To look like a stone cold fox, obviously.
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    I've never really felt like I was in shape. I've been fat, I've been skinny and skinny/fat.....@44 I would like to be able to look back and honestly say there was a period where I was really "in shape"
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    want to be fit by forty, and that will be in the fall,
  • kdoshier8
    Options
    I want to be the only woman that my significant other looks at, I want to have the energy to do all the outdoor things that my state has to offer, I also want to learn how to keep a balanced die!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    To look good and wear whatever I want, and to feel good about/comfortable with myself. Being fat made me super self-conscious, which was a huge emotional/energy drain.