Because I really need to talk!

Options

Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    He lied about loving you, not wanting to be in a relationship, and you being ugly. Get out of the 'relationship' ASAP, today if possible. He is wounding you and just using you.
  • tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    LEAVE ASAP! This is the beginning stages of an abusive relationship. His goal is to isolate you, kill your self esteem and make you think you are not deserving of anything better. He tells you he isn't wanting a serious relationship because then it is an excuse for him to talk to other women and when he leaves or cheats he can say " I told you I didn't want anything serious." You deserve better. Get out now before he causes damage that will follow you for a long time. I was in a marriage with someone like that, althought he never called me ugly, he would talk to other women and would always tell me if I didn't like that or his controlling behaviors, etc, to divorce him. So I did... Well I was a train wreck after without full knoweldge of how bad I was... (and I am a counselor). I got myself into a WORSE relationship with verbal abuse, controlling behavior, and eventually physical abuse. But this girl doesn't like being controlled and after 3 months, I broke free. But let me tell you, undoing all that damage is NOT easy. I have been seeing a psychologist for a year now and am actually better then ever but I do still have some lingering self esteem issues. It helped me identify and finally see what I deserve in someone and demand it even if it meant leaving a relationship. I am engaged to a wonderful man now who tells me I am beautiful all the time. I am glad you are going to see a psychologist. Be honest and if that professional is good you will see what steps you need to take and have the courage to take them.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    seriously? ditch the loser and find a suitable mate!
  • LeenBess
    LeenBess Posts: 12
    Options
    Listen to me......you ARE pretty and deserving of someone wonderful! Don't give up....NEVER do this!!!!!!! Go to the therapist and listen. Look at all the people here who don't even know you and took the time to encourage you. This WILL get better!!!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    This post made me cry. I have felt this way before. The guy was an abusive *kitten* but of course I could not see it until after I was out of the relationship and able to move on. He told me once that I was nothing more than West Virginia white trash....that is only the tip of the iceberg......................

Now, 15 years later I am married to a man that loves me dearly and treats me like a princess. The other guy is miserable and still a cheating jerk.

There is probably nothing any one can say to you that is going to make you feel better, only time will do that. But please know this, you are very pretty and deserve someone that will love you and treat you with respect. He is out there and believe it or not, you are worthy of it.

HUGS dear.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You're not ugly. I am not a super nice forum person either -- so I am not just saying that. You're a lovely young women. I am a photographer by trade, if you came to me and wanted a photo session, I would not cringe and ask myself "why, god? why her -- it will take so much work for her to look decent.". I HAVE thought that in the past too about previous clients.

Tell the guy that you are looking for relationship, so sorry about his luck, but you have to go. Go see the therapist. Discover yourself. Be good to yourself and never let a man tell you that you aren't worth his respect (any man that calls you names IS disrespecting you). I was with somebody who never seemed to want to commit, though he was good to me in every other way, after a year of "I don't want a relationship" my suspicion was that he was waiting on something "better" to come along. I bounced. Not long after I met my husband.

This guy sounds like he wants to control you and the relationship. Don't let him. You deserve more and he deserves so much less.
  • hello_miffy
    hello_miffy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your post really stood out to me. I was in the exact same situation you are in now 6 years ago. He would write to other girls and I would find out and I went from being so confident to zero self confidence as he offhandedly picked out all my flaws and made me feel ugly and worthless. You are not. Neither was I but I couldn't see his manipulation at the time. He is not going to change and you need to get out of that situation immediately because he will bring you down and down and it will affect you both physically and mentally. You are a beautiful girl, don 't lose sight of that. From what I can see in your profile photo you have incredible hair, a great smile and glowing skin, you are a long long way from ugly. You will find someone who truly cares for you and makes you feel as beautiful as you deserve. I really feel for you after being in that situation and you need to get out of it as soon as possible, no good will come from it and I tell you that from first hand experience, you deserve so much more from life. Get out now, don't wait 6 years like I did.
  • brboydjr
    brboydjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be around anyone that has to put someone down so that they can feel better about themselves. No one deserves that type of abuse. You are too good for him. Drop him like a bad habbit. You'd be surprised at how many opportunities to meet your prince charming that you may be passing up while hanging with this loser. You're a very pretty girl and I'm sure that once you get rid of the dead weight (him) you'll recognize all sorts of guys trying to get to know you.
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a son that would live to meet you ! Dump the jerk!
  • ale7714
    ale7714 Posts: 7
    Options
    You made me cry, because I'm surprise of all the kind words and support you have shown. I didn't expect it and for that I'm grateful, I thought I was alone and to be honest I felt a little ashamed to speak , but desperately needed to vent.
    I will go to counseling, I will keep eating healthier and exercising and I will talk with him the next and last time I see him because I know the first step to getting better is stop being with someone who made me feel so bad.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    he loves me and wants to be with me but he doesn't want to be in a serious relationship.
    This is guy speak for "you meet certain needs, but I'm still looking for 'the one' " You deserve better!!!
    he even sometimes tell me that 'I'm fat' or that 'I look kind of ugly'.

My heart hurts for you that you accept such meanness into your life. You deserve better!!!
    I just have this feeling that I would ended up alone because I'm not skinny enough!!! and I hate it, I truly hate it.

Hon, I don't think you will end up alone. Here's why:

1. If you're willing to put up with such poor treatment you will always find a loser to take that guy's place when he finally gets one of the "prettier" girls to go out with him. Do you really want another loser like this? NO! begin to love yourself!!

2. Your lack of confidence is what scares off the good guys... NOT your size. There may be some men who are attracted to smaller women, but guess what men say the MOST attractive feature a woman has...?? It's her SELF RESPECT and CONFIDENCE. You don't need to finish losing the weight to develop a healthy dose of self respect and confidence. You can start right now by putting that man out, and reading books like Boundaries, The Dance of Anger, and Happiness is a Choice.

PS: If a really good guy who might otherwise have been interested in you sees you with a loser who treats you bad, calls you ugly, and chases after other women while you're "together," chances are that he will decide that you are not strong enough to make him a good partner. What I'm trying to say is, not only does staying with a mean guy prevent you from meeting good guys, it can also run off the good guys you have already met.
  • peachyalison
    peachyalison Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    He's playing a game with you. He figures you're not what he wants but you'll do for now. So he keeps you, and he keeps you insecure so you won't give him too much trouble while he searches for someone else.

When some other poor victim agrees to date this loser he'll ditch you. If it works out with the new one, good riddance, you won't hear from him again. But if she realizes he's a douche and dumps him, you can expect a hilariously pitiful and flattering phonecall from him as he tries desperately to get back with you so he won't be alone for one second. If you fall for that and take him back, the cycle will repeat itself.

Dump him now and walk away head high. Block his number and tell him you never want to see him again. That will let you salvage your pride. Also you're quite pretty. And even if you weren't, as someone already said, there are plenty of physically less attractive people out there who are in happy, healthy relationships with decent partners.

Wow, so you dated my ex, too, huh? ;)

OP: Walk away. Or RUN away. You deserve sooooooo much more and I can guarantee you will be a million times happier without him. Being alone (single) is way better than being in a relationship that makes you feel like ****! And, like many other people who've replied, I know that from experience. :)
  • FussBucket
    Options
    My heart hurts for you. It's not about you honey. Guys like him get their confidence from hurting pretty girls like you. It's manipulation in the cruelest way.... Dump him like a ton of rocks.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Honey, here's a quick way to lose 180 pounds...drop his sorry butt like a hot rock.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie...you deserve so much better than a loser like him. You are a lovely young woman, and obviously a smart and sensitive person. Kick him to the curb like the bad memory he is. There is wonderfulness in store for you!
  • FussBucket
    Options
    Wow, so you dated my ex, too, huh? ;)

OP: Walk away. Or RUN away. You deserve sooooooo much more and I can guarantee you will be a million times happier without him. Being alone (single) is way better than being in a relationship that makes you feel like ****! And, like many other people who've replied, I know that from experience. :)
    [/quote]

I second this post. :drinker:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You are a complete stranger to me, and I gain absolutely nothing from lying to you. So believe me when I say I think you are VERY pretty :flowerforyou:.

Don't let this man destroy your self-worth. It is him that is not worthy. He has shown himself to be selfish, a liar, and dishonourable. Walk away.

I do think that the psychologist appointment is a good idea, though. I hope they help you to get to the root of why you feel this way about yourself.

All the best!!
  • Greciankoukla
    Greciankoukla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are NOT ugly!!! Dump his loser *kitten*.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You made me cry, because I'm surprise of all the kind words and support you have shown. I didn't expect it and for that I'm grateful, I thought I was alone and to be honest I felt a little ashamed to speak , but desperately needed to vent.
    I will go to counseling, I will keep eating healthier and exercising and I will talk with him the next and last time I see him because I know the first step to getting better is stop being with someone who made me feel so bad.

Good for you!

Go to counseling. You need to figure out your self worth. And hold your head high the next and last time you see this guy.

Personally, I think you are very attractive (said in a "I have kids older than you, fatherly sort of way.") I'm not a perv.

And I can relate. I am one of the rarely mentioned men who was in an abusive relationship with a woman. Same put downs. I was fat, that was true. But I didn't need to hear it screamed at me. She was cheating on me locally and on the internet as well. It took me far too long to realize how much I needed to get away from that. I'm happy to see that you are ready to do it.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ABUSE!!!!!!!

I know someone else said it too, but the things he is saying to you is emotional abuse. This kind of abuse is extremely damaging to your self image (as is all abuse). I am so glad you are getting help. He will try to get you to quit the counseling, because it threatens his position of power. Get the help and get out. And do it now. I was married to my abuser for 11 yrs and had two daughters, which I had to share custody of with him, because the courts have a hard enough time dealing with physical/sexual abuse that they won't touch emotional abuse.

You are worth so much more.