Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Generally, I am of the opinion that nothing peeking out between the back of your shirt and your pants is gonna be classy. That includes the refrigerator repair man butt crack, the pink thong, or what you so tastefully term the "tramp stamp". But as long as I don't have to look at it while eating, it does not concern me.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    according to some of you I am trashy and have no class at all!

sweet jesus pass me another beer *burps*

:yawn:
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well i feel like I'm classy. My tattoo on my lower back doesn't define who i am. If some want to call it a tramp stamp then they have totally got it wrong. Just my opinion.
  • slipandsink
    slipandsink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've only ever seen about five tattoos that I've actually liked and thought 'yes, that was a good idea'.

But meh, as long as it's not my body...
  • shiggypiggy
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

You know what else makes people look kind of trashy? Judgmental comments.

wait, so his opinion of tattoos is "judgmental" and therefore subject to ridicule, but your opinion of his comments is not also inherently judgmental? Logic fail! If he's being judgmental and is subject to ridicule, so are you.
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

So I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. This is just her opinion, one that many people share. She shouldn't be criticized for it.

I have never understood why people who don't like tattoos have to be so rude about it. Granted, the OP asked for people's opinions. But really, saying that they make people look trashy and equating them with a lack of class does come across a bit rude and judgmental. LOL. Not that I really care what anyone thinks. Just an observation that I have always wondered about.

One of my favorite quotes: The only difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos is that people with tattoos don't give a @#$% that you don't have any.
  • shiggypiggy
    Options

So I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. This is just her opinion, one that many people share. She shouldn't be criticized for it.
    It was just an opinion, one that many people agree with, so why not?
    There is a difference between an opinion and saying someone looks trashy. I have 15 tattoos. I don't think I look trashy one bit and find this opion offensive.

This is just like Orwell's newspeak. Change the things people are permitted to say, either by directly forbidding it, or by ridiculing and ostracizing speech you don't agree with/that offends you. He never say anyone looked trashy, he never said you personally look trashy. He wasn't even thinking about you when he said it! He said that tattoos can make attractive people look trashy. Whether you agree or not (I personally do not agree with him), you should champion his right to say that. Free speech for everyone keeps everyone free. Let's not censor thought/speech that offends us or makes us uncomfortable.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    But as long as I don't have to look at it while eating, it does not concern me.

HA HA HA HA .... I LOVE THIS!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with tattoos and certainly don't think having one, or the placement of one, automatically equals trashy.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have one, and I love it. I dont think the placement matters. I have one somewhere else that I would think might be looked at more that way than on my lower back. And people that are saying tattoos are trashy in gerneral... your personality is trashy for passing judgment on ppl that have tattoos. Every single one of mine has meaning and will for the rest of my life. Im proud of my ink and I WILL flaunt it!!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tattoos! I have 7. A large one accross my lower back has my four kids names incorporated into it. All my tattoos have some meaning, so they are special to me. I love checking out other people's tattoos and hearing the story behind them.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Trashy

I guess i am forever trashy...I have many tattoos, all original, all thought out over a period of time and all have a special meaning....most of the time they are covered up due to work, but whatever.... TRASHY is your opinion and we are all entitled to one.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have a lower back tattoo. There's a picture of it in my profile. I don't think anyone has ever told me that it looks "trampy". I could care less where people have a tattoo. If it's what they wanted and where they wanted it, then that's all that matters.
  • stayingp0sitive
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing myself! I can't say I see many "classy" tattoos placed there though. They usually are "trampy" things. I agree though, the lower back is a really nice area for a tattoo! It's too bad they have such a bad rep!
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    I think it depends. All that matters is that you're ultimately happy with it.
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have one and I like it.... that's all that really matters..... you should get your tattoo for you.... not for anyone else.

*This

I couldn't care less what people thought of my tats I got them for me not to please other people.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

LOL....this is kinda the same way I was thinking.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Sheesh. That's a pretty harsh judgment to pass. :/
  • _Schatzi_
    _Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This always cracks me up- in Germany (where I lived for 7 years) they are called "arschgeweih" which means *kitten* ANTLERS (HAAAAAA!HAHAHA!) I've also heard "California license plate" but I think *kitten* antlers takes the cake.