Post weight losses. Hold me accountable (Thanks!)

Options

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I wish that was me but no it is my 15 year old daughter. She went to her winter ball and I love the pic so it is here.

Thanks though :happy:
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    Thanks! My screenname... it comes from a favorite song by my favorite band... "Suspended in Dusk" by Type O Negative. The song is basically about a man quite recently turned vampire. Anyway, the 03 refers to the year I first started using this particular screenname here and there.

What's up with the river being so high? :huh: Not sure where you live but we've only had a day or two here recently that was heavily rainy. Again, hope the river recedes soon!

:flowerforyou: Chandra
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    suspendedindusk03,

Washington state. Record rainfall, preceded by 4 inches of snow. So with the snowmelt (now it's 60 degrees) and the rain : well, just turn on cable news (U.S. National, like CNN or FOX) and you'll see me! Even the major freeway I-5 is closed!

Thanks for the back-story on your name.

~Cheryl
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    suspendedindusk03,

Washington state. Record rainfall, preceded by 4 inches of snow. So with the snowmelt (now it's 60 degrees) and the rain : well, just turn on cable news (U.S. National, like CNN or FOX) and you'll see me! Even the major freeway I-5 is closed!

~Cheryl

Wow, Cheryl... my husband's family is all from Seattle, and we have lots of friends up there, as well. It must be pretty scary for you. Are you nervous about your house getting flooded?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    suspendedindusk03,

~Cheryl

Wow, Cheryl... my husband's family is all from Seattle, and we have lots of friends up there, as well. It must be pretty scary for you. Are you nervous about your house getting flooded?

Katie:
    Yep, I am wishing (almost) that I was back in FLA. - you may not remember I grew up there (WPB) and lived near Orlando when I was skydiving. I live on the Sammamish Slough in Bothell - in a third floor condo......but one flood, and there go the property values! Though, I think I will probably live here the rest of my life. Unless I stay in Bimini in May.:wink:

Remember '93: when all the marinas sank - three feet of snow and then 6 inches of rain in two days? Every one of our multi-car carports fell and many cars were smushed! Mine included. My carport fell first. The rest of the cars that we got out were stuck in the middle of the parking lots in two feet of snow. That time, the river came very close to the building. This time, not-so-much. And it has begun to recede. It's sunny now.

Enjoy the heat!

~cheryl
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm in Portland and know all about the rain and flooding that is going on right now! It's crazy! Thank goodness for the break and the sunshine!

I started with this site a few weeks ago but haven't weighed/measured/body fat percentaged (how else do I say that last part? hehehe) since the end of October. I'm finding the little things like my pants being too big, or comments from others has kept me from looking. I used to be the one who got on the scale every day, twice a day. It was driving me batty! I'd rather wait and see a significant weight loss from time to time, rather than worry whether or not it was the sodium in the soup I had the night before that made me gain those 2 lbs from the day before. At my last weigh in I was 218 (I'm 5'6"). I'll let you all know what it is on December 17, then again on February 1! I just can't wait to break the 200 mark! I've been over it for way too long! Thanks for starting and keeping this string going!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    CM,

As for "the Ireland dress" being too loose when I go.... the material is strechy, so I could probably lose another 15 pounds and it would still be OK. Just one of the many reasons it is the perfect dress!!!

:laugh:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading all the posts about the weather. Hope all is well with you, CM and all the others MFP's in the Northwest. If ever there was a time for ice cream ( or margaritas), this is it.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have definately made it past my plateau I am so excited.

Aug 280
    Now 245

Another 2 lbs this week.

Eve
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I joined this site on 27th Oct at 231lbs
    As of today I am 204lbs!!
    :laugh:
    I am sooo happy and would LOVE to get below 200lbs before xmas!!!

Congrats on all the weight loss everybody!!
    Keep it up over the hols!!

xx
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Still @ 128.. I guess I'm eating just enough to maintain this weight:smile:
  • Highsmith
    Options
    Great Idea!!!. I just joined this site. I have lost weight and gained it all back. Prior to two kids I weighed 107 at 5" 1. I remembered wanting to gain weight. So I enjoyed eating but developed a bad habit "over eating" 5 years later after the birth of my last child I weighed 180 and lost 45 lbs but got a bit cocky and started over eating again. So now I am 154. My goal is 135 and say bye bye to 107. Those days are over. I think I will be the healthiest at 125 but I am not going to press my luck 135 is good enough for me. I am working out 5 days a week and trying to stay within the 1200 calories. That is so hard especailly when I love COOKIES and Quizno's Flat bread Salads. Just for everyones info DON'T eat those salads. I looked it up after I ate it and it was 1170 calories, killed the goal for the day. But today is a new day. GOOD LUCK
    Vicki::flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    YIKES. :noway:

First of all, Welcome Highsmith!

I hate when salads are like that. That has to be one of the biggest LIES we tell ourselves as women. "Salad - that's good for me and low cal."

I read recently on one of those nutrition websites -don't know which one that a lot of women get MOST of their daily calories from condiments!

I found I really like balsamic vinegar mixed with sugar free blackberry jelly. Then I chop up 2 or three almonds and sprinkle them on. Yummmmms.
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    It's been nearly a week since I last posted on this thread, and nearly two weeks since I first joined MFP. I'm very happy to say that I've lost 7lbs total so far. It hasn't been easy at times, sticking to the new lifestyle of eating healthy and exercising, and I know I could be doing better on the exercise part. However, I think it's still a great start and definitely motivation to continue down this new path.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ~~suspendedindusk03 ! Yay for you! That is a great start. A lot of us don't exercise like we should - and we are all so busy this time of year. I was reading the "post exercise" and "Christmas Challenge" posts this morning. I haven't been logging my exercise, but I think I am going to start tomorrow. I have too many "Don't wanna" excuses.

~~Eve, glad you're back on track. You are such an inspiration!

Good luck to everyone this week! Shop till you drop. Park as far from the mall as you can and take each purchase to the car as you make it. I've been doing "curls" with my eco-friendly grocery bags as I walk to the car. I look goofy - but - So? - it feels good.

Started MFP Aug 22, 2007 @ 195 lbs (5’9”)
    (Goal loss 40 lbs by May)

Start week 0/ Aug 22 __195 lbs
    Week 4 / Sept 22 _____186.5 = 8.5 lbs loss (in first four weeks)
    Week 5 / Sept 29 _____183.5 = 3 lbs loss______11.5 total loss
    Week 6 / Oct 7 _______181.0 = 2.5 lbs loss_____14.0 total loss
    Week 7 / Oct 14 ______178.5 = 2.5 lbs loss_____16.5 total loss
    Week 8 / Oct 21 ______182.0 = 3.5 lbs gain_____13 total loss
    Week 9 / Oct 27 ______178.6 = 3.4 lbs loss_____16.4 total loss
    Week 10 / Nov 4______177.25 = 1.35 lbs loss___17.75 total loss
    Week 11 / Nov 11_____175.0 = 2.25 lbs loss____20.0 total loss
    Week 12 / Nov 18_____174.5 = 0.50 lbs loss____20.5 total loss
    Week 13 / Dec 2______173.25 = 1.25 lbs loss___21.75 total loss - And excruciatingly SLOWLY......
    Week 14 / Dec 9______170.0 = 3.25 lbs loss____25 ---- total loss – Thank you Baby Jesus

!! -170 - that was my goal weight on the Christmas Challenge! Hope to lose one more pound this week to get under that stubborn 170 for good and never look back.

My biggest change this week was to eat as little sodium as possible. 1500 mg or a little above every day this week. I read the range is 1100-3300mg daily on the FDA website. The new "Printable Report" has been an excellent addition / tool.

oxoxox Cheryl
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    Cheryl,

Congrats on your 25 lb loss!!! That's awesome and very inspiring!

Thanks! I've been logging my exercise, but I just got to thinking a bit ago, I probably get more exercise in than I think sometimes, because I'm rarely sitting down for very long when I'm at home. I'll sit down for a little while, but then I get up and start cleaning (then forget to log it, if I even remember it counts as exercise!). I tend to forget that just because it's not "formal" exercise in the form of DVD workouts or hopping on the treadmill, it still counts as exercise.

I've been paying more attention to the sodium content of foods lately, too. Today has been a good sodium day: only 1,062mg so far ... and if I get hungry between now and bedtime, I have another 371 calories I can "use".

My challenge for the upcoming week: increasing the amount of water I drink when I'm at home. I have no problem with this and will drink water all day long while I'm at work (I work part-time), but once I get home I don't really think about it as much. I'm especially bad about this on the weekends. Maybe I should attach a water bottle to myself somehow, :laugh:

~ Chandra
  • Highsmith
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I will try that out because I really do love salads, RIGHT
  • webebeer
    Options
    joined Nov, 11 167.0. Iam 5' 4" . Over the years I have just given my self permission to eat, eat, eat...never thought twice about huge chocolate milkshake BEFORE bed. I was tired of trying to buy shirts to hide my BIG belly...I am now becoming SO aware of calories and fat, I must have been eating ablut 3000 calories a day....huge portions too. I have lost 10 lbs so far an am loving this site can't wait to read the post and log my day....this site and all who are on posting are fantastic support to my effort.....thanks all
    wendy
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :blushing:

We are all here for you. Let everyone know what works for you. We are all on the same journey toward health.

Cheryl
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My first goal which is my b-day goal is tomorrow and I am .2 lbs away. I am really watching my salt intake so that I wont be holding onto any water weight for tomorrow. I cant believe I have gone from 209 in June to hopefully to 155 tomorrow. If I do hit that goal tomorrow it will be a great b-day present to myself. :wink: