What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of feeling like an ugly piece of shiz.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's nice to finally think that I am one of the "skinny" girls at the gym for once :)
    I want to look good in a bathing suit, prove my mother wrong, get rid of my hypertension (which I've already succeeded at)
    AND FINALLY NOT BECOME A DIABETIC LIKE MY FATHER! I see the **** he has to deal with, and I refuse, just refuse.
    Plus, my little brothers always called me fat, well they haven't called me that since I lost my first 10 lbs XD, I now fit in with the image of my family :)
  • jessggrant
    Options
    My ex boyfriend's new girlfriend has a six pack.... I don't want him back, but I wouldn't mind if he missed me a bit. Plus, I'd like to be the hottest girlfriend my current boyfriend has ever had. I just don't want to feel like the people I'm with are out of my league. I want to feel good about myself.
  • BeautifulMess20
    Options
    To feel HAWT 24/7. Simple as that. Because feeling/looking good is a boost of confidence :) AND it'll show him what he's missing out on...
  • casdav05
    casdav05 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 32 yrs old and have never taken care of myself. I am tired of looking this way. I know I could be worse, but at my age, I have already had to have low back surgery and went through a time when I felt like I would never be the same. That was around 2 years ago and I feel like it is time to prove to myself that not only can I be like I was, but I can be better physically and in health than I've ever been.
  • redug
    redug Posts: 1
    Options
    Many reasons, but mainly I want to have more energy and be in shape. I'm planning a huge backcountry skiing trip next year and I want to enjoy it to the fullest.

Plus its a good way to forget about breaking up with my 5yr GF and be confident when meeting new people.
  • uchetonny
    Options
    I want to achieve a social and physical fitness. Agility and strength are most powerful assets to men folk. I want to achieve both and at the same time lose some weight.
  • catmaranwar
    catmaranwar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to breathe when I walk....not feel like i'm going to break my own legs when i stand....feel okay in a bathing suit...hell, even in a pair of shorts!!...health mostly...to feel and look good for myself and for my partner to be proud to walk with me:smile:
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    Options
    Background: I'm 21, soon to be 22, I'm currently 55 kg (121 lb, I think), My starting weight was 62 kg ( 136 lb ), I'm barely 5'2, I'm pear shaped... I had ED (but that's a different story) in my mid teens, but everything turned out well. I put on weight when I entered university, I used to run everyday in high school, I didn't anymore. I had some personal problems that contributed to my slow but steady weight gain.
    Hmmm..... My true reason? I guess I want to be able to maintain a healthier lifestyle. I want to have a healthy relationship with food, I don't want to be scared of food anymore, that's why I'm working out everyday, that's why I want to set my goals realistically.
    I saw a show on TLC, "My 600 lb life" I believe, and something in me snapped, I told to myself "You're only 21 years old, you are progressively putting on weight, this needs to stop, you need to be healthy!" Although I'm no where near 600 lbs, to be honest I got scared. So this is my reason, I want to be healthy, I want to look good, I want to feel good. I want to set a good example if I have kids one day. I guess those are my true reasons :).
  • dimitymartin
    Options
    I want to wear gorgeous clothes and a hot bikini. :-)
  • jennidayschell
    Options
    Vegas is coming!
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am taking the vacation of a life time in November this year, and I want to look great. I keep telling myself I want to get to a certain weight by 45, then it was 48, then 50. I finally woke up and figured out that if I didn't get serious about it soon it would never happen.

I want to be able to wear cute clothes, not granny stuff. Most of our friends are really into exercise, fitness and all that. We are going on this trip with another couple and I don't want to be the fat man out.

In high school I was always thin. I started stress eating at 17 when I got pregnant and married. I have never quit. I went from 110 in high school to the 236 that I started this journey on. I don't imagine I will ever see 110 again, nor would it look good on me now. I just want to not have to buy my clothes in the plus side of the store, want to be attractive enough to get a second look from the opposite sex now and then, and the vengeful side of me wants to look better than the B#tch at work that is always talking about "how fat she is", when all she is doing is digging for compliments.
  • 5walters
    5walters Posts: 32
    Options
    I have to say I want to look good, of course. I believe we all do. All my life I have always bn made fun of for being overweight, and that is not a legacy that I want to leave for my girls. So I will go to the gym and watch what I eat so that hopefully they will learn those habits and never have to work as hard as I am having to work to lose the weight.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I just want to look hot in a bikini, plain & simple!
  • arsimpson1
    arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    To turn heads even after having 3 chillins....
  • Maebnormal
    Options
    I'm going to be 50 next year and don't want to wait to start eating better and getting into better shape.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    75% Vanity reasons. I have always been overweight and would actually like to have a guy think I'm hot for once.
    25% Health Reasons
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    1.) my own health (to avoid weight related illnesses) and just be active and fit in general
    2.) my kiddo
    3.) my hubby
    4.) to look hot (lol)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'd like to go out in public with my shirt off without strangers offering me something to cover myself back up.
  • hillarywheeler1
    Options
    My reason for wanting to get in shape? I've been overweight my whole life. I don't know what it feels like to not be ashamed to go clothes shopping or go out with my friends. I have always hidden myself because I have always felt ashamed of myself. I just want to actually live. I'm tired of letting life pass me by.