staying in 1200 cals who else finds this difficult?

Options
124»

Replies

• dynamohum
    dynamohum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 days to get used to it and everyother day I exercise and most times eat back my calories. I was 145 and have lost 8 pounds in 16 days, my goal is another 5 pounds. I feel great, look even better, lol and this goal will give me play weight with the summer coming up. I do cardio and weight training. Have spent many hours at night researching foods and have found many that satisfy my 1200 calories. I also dont fret if we go out and I cheat, maybe once every 7 days. Being positive is my best friend right now and a glance in the mirror keeps me going. p.s. I am 52 years old. Summers coming so alot of bicycling outside verses the indoor bike, I get bored on it and only do about 15 minutes of up and downhill climbing for about 140 calories. Hey thats a glass of wine. I relate everything to what I gain by doing something, this is worth that type of thing. Have made a game of it. Also I am not stuck in an office, most days physically work, light construction. Broccoslaw has become my favorite food. At night I usually treat myself with a square or 2 of dark chocolate, Lindt, intense orange, small bites satisfy that pleasure and half a glass of red wine. A perfect end to a day. Enjoy dont worry and do your best, once my frame of mind was settled its been easier. I will go up to 1400 to 1500 probably in a week, if my results continue. I used to eat easily 2000. Goodluck
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 days to get used to it and everyother day I exercise and most times eat back my calories. I was 145 and have lost 8 pounds in 16 days, my goal is another 5 pounds. I feel great, look even better, lol and this goal will give me play weight with the summer coming up. I do cardio and weight training. Have spent many hours at night researching foods and have found many that satisfy my 1200 calories. I also dont fret if we go out and I cheat, maybe once every 7 days. Being positive is my best friend right now and a glance in the mirror keeps me going. p.s. I am 52 years old. Summers coming so alot of bicycling outside verses the indoor bike, I get bored on it and only do about 15 minutes of up and downhill climbing for about 140 calories. Hey thats a glass of wine. I relate everything to what I gain by doing something, this is worth that type of thing. Have made a game of it. Also I am not stuck in an office, most days physically work, light construction. Broccoslaw has become my favorite food. At night I usually treat myself with a square or 2 of dark chocolate, Lindt, intense orange, small bites satisfy that pleasure and half a glass of red wine. A perfect end to a day. Enjoy dont worry and do your best, once my frame of mind was settled its been easier. I will go up to 1400 to 1500 probably in a week, if my results continue. I used to eat easily 2000. Goodluck
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options

Thanks!

Think im going to go to 1400 then maybe break down to 1200 if ive had a naught day the day before.....

I broke My ankle in Jan and its still not ready for running yet so until I can do proper cardio im just going to stick to 1400 x x x
  • carrun86
    carrun86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Up your calories.......................1200............That's nothing!!!!!!!!!!

I think anyone whos advising this troll to up her calories is wasting their time.

She's clearly ignorant and stubborn.

Those 2 traits in one person are clues to leave them be.

I dont understand why you would think she is a troll ........

She is one of my friends and has been nothing great!! :happy:

you got this girl!!
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    Thanks Carrun86 xoxoxoxo
  • FitnessCharl
    Options
    its such a relief to see others finding it difficult! I thought it was just me!

Troll alert.

Just felt I had to say something with regards to this comment...

I think this was a genuine question and obviously had some fantastic answers from all the SUPPORTIVE MFP people.

If you want to bully people, or make people feel like they shouldn't be asking questions go to another site because that's not how it works here. If you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say, don't say anything at all.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just up your cals to 1400-1500?
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    its such a relief to see others finding it difficult! I thought it was just me!

Troll alert.

Just felt I had to say something with regards to this comment...

I think this was a genuine question and obviously had some fantastic answers from all the SUPPORTIVE MFP people.

If you want to bully people, or make people feel like they shouldn't be asking questions go to another site because that's not how it works here. If you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say, don't say anything at all.

cxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
  • flyawayrach
    flyawayrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm having the opposite problem - I can't actually eat the whole 1,200, but not because I'm not eating enough, it's just what I'm eating is all lower fat options.

For example, Warbuton's Weight Watchers bread is about 51 calories a slice whereas normal bread is around 100. I eat a good amount of food, just low calorie alternatives if that makes sense?

Maybe you could do the same - I know switching to that bread has benefited me a lot and it tastes just as good. Also you could eat some hard-boiled eggs when you get hungry, I've heard they use more calories for your stomach to digest them than actually is in them - so you're losing weight by eating them!

I know fruit and veg isn't necessarily as good as tucking into a chocolate bar (oh god how I crave one) but think of it in the long run :) If you want motivation feel free to add me :)
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    I'm having the opposite problem - I can't actually eat the whole 1,200, but not because I'm not eating enough, it's just what I'm eating is all lower fat options.

For example, Warbuton's Weight Watchers bread is about 51 calories a slice whereas normal bread is around 100. I eat a good amount of food, just low calorie alternatives if that makes sense?

Maybe you could do the same - I know switching to that bread has benefited me a lot and it tastes just as good. Also you could eat some hard-boiled eggs when you get hungry, I've heard they use more calories for your stomach to digest them than actually is in them - so you're losing weight by eating them!

I know fruit and veg isn't necessarily as good as tucking into a chocolate bar (oh god how I crave one) but think of it in the long run :) If you want motivation feel free to add me :)

Thank you!

Yeah I always look for the fat free/low cal alternatives!
    I cant eat eggs though they make sick! (not when used as part of an ingredient though).
    At my desk not, I just sit and eat celery, carrot sticks hummus and sour cream and chive. So yummy!
    Its mainly feeling hungry while working that's getting me! I'm going to up my cals to 1400 then 1700 when my ankle is better x x