Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• kirstie1926
    Options
    personally there is no image in the entire world that needs to be permanently put on my body.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I have one on my penis that says Tiny.
    lmao
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I agree it's a cute place for a tattoo but personal opinion- it's SO hard for the lower back tattoo not to look trampy. I like tattoos in general (I have 2) but some areas to me are not preferable.

Then again, the whole point of tattoos is self expression so what does it matter how anyone else views it if you like it?
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    How about we all call those don't have tattoo's BORING?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have "Carpe Diem" tattooed on my lower back. I was 18 when I got it, I'm 32 now. Would I go out tomorrow and get it done if I hadn't already had it? No. Does it bother me that I did get it? No, not at all. It makes me smile about my youthful optimism. I'd like to think that it's a little more classy than some of the lower back tatts that I've seen, but i guess everyone views tattoos differently.

Pretty much how I feel about my tattoos. Some are 40 years old. Would I do some of them again? Nope. Some..maybe. One of them is my wedding ring. That makes my wife very happy. Do I regret them? Not at all. They mean something or represent a moment in time.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like this idea.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I have tattoos done because I want them done, I don't have them done to please others and don't personally care if someone don't like tattoos.
    Personal choice.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options

I like this idea too!
  • All4Drakes
    All4Drakes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a memorial to my grandmother placed on my lower back. This was before I ever heard the stupid term "Tramp Stamp." I was 15 when I got this tattoo. A lot of people think it is a "tramp stamp" when they only see a part of it and once they see it, they are a lot more understanding. I actually just got a new tattoo the other day! It is a dragon right next to my son's name on my back. My son's name is Drake so the dragon represents what his name stands for. I love it. You can see it on my pics!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I have multiple tattoos, in numerous places, including the dreaded tramp stamp. I don't think people who get tattoos generally give a hoot about whether or not other people will like them. I could not care less about how they appear to other people, I'm an adult, and I'll do what pleases me. I don't see why what choose to do with my body should matter to anyone else anyway.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    TL/DR past the first page of judgementaldom...

I love my tatts, and I love tatts on other people...I've avoided the lower back because of the rap, but I've never been one to give a rat's assets for what others think...if you like it, do it...but mindful of what limitations you have in your life...personally as a nurse, I can't have tatts that I can't cover up...I understand that...but I'm not gonna wear a bikini to work.
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i don't think most people get tattooed in order to come across as classy.

that said, my back is tattooed from my neck to my *kitten* and i am treated graciously and respectfully most everywhere i go.

obviously, i never go to garlicbutter's house. it's rather peevish there.

HA!
    I have a lower back tattoo and I am an educated, classy woman. Tattoos don't define if your classy or trashy. It's a personal choice and personally I love tattoos.
    TATTOO ON!!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

I like this idea too!

Good :) It's true, those who do have tattoo's have these things on our body called "tramp stamps" - we should name call too :wink:
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The reason people most often get tattoos is usually to remember a part of their life, someone in their life, a vacation or experience - really we all have no right to judge what others do with their body. Even if it's done for no reason at all...it's not your choice.

That being said, I have 3 tattoos. One on my lower back of a cross, which no one has EVER said is trashy or called a tramp stamp, and two separate on my ribs that are there to remind me of a very difficult time I went through in my life when my father died.

If you're thinking of getting one, do it because YOU want to. Don't care what others think.
  • mykodee
    mykodee Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a very simple iris...I think its classy. Not over done
  • skippieone
    skippieone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smile: I have one...it's not trashy and it has meaning...but I don't intentionally show it off either.
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

yup yup yup :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I have nine tats on various places of my body, including my lower back, which was done before they were labeled "tramp stamps." :flowerforyou:

I don't go out of my way to show it off in public (although you will see it if I'm at the beach), but my husband loves it, too, so what anyone else thinks of it isn't my issue. I didn't get ANY of my ink to impress anyone. I got it for myself, and every single one has a very special meaning attached to it.

I am in middle management, educated, and not in the least bit "trashy," as it were, but if someone wants to think of me that way? Fine, as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

For the record, my tongue and nose are pierced, as well. :wink: .
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am getting my first tattoo next week. I am 43. One friend I told asked me why I would do that. Well, I'm not doing it for her. I'm doing it for me. Not to show off ot anyone. I am excited about it. It is a shame that people don't look past it to see the person behind the tattoo. I have never met a person with a tattoo that wasn't just that, a person! The tattoo doesn't define who they are!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I say as long as you like the way it looks I say who cares? I'll go as far as to say who cares if a tattoo has any deep meaning or not? If you think about it tattoos used to be something only great warriors, tribe leaders, etc got as a right of passage. Now every a-hole who turns 18 can get one. So yeah, thumbs up to the lower back tattoo especially if it's a bullseye. You know why!