Whats your naughty food treat?

Options
Ah Sundays nearly here! The day of a little bit of rest from my diet!

I'm planning it already! (how sad) I think its doing to have to be *drum roll* Crispy chilli beef and duck chopsuey!

What/when are your treat days?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    MALTEASERS!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MALTEASERS!!!

malteaster bunnies are better!
  • steph2606
    steph2606 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The new Malteasers bar... Teasers... OMGYUM!
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ah yes the malteaser bunnies are increds!
    I'm a massive fan of Salted caramels too!
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any Thai or Chinese food- I can't get enough of the yum cha, duck, or high-salt soup! Yum yum yum.
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mines already planned too ... beef strogonoff and chocolate cheescake ...roll on sunday !! xxxx
  • mummy_k
    mummy_k Posts: 6
    Options
    oh dear god, u have me thinking of food....chinese, indian, all types of snack, doritos and dips...mmmmmm chocolate hahahaha
    i just keep telling myself NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS! maybe one day i can believe that!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, ice cream, loads of nuts and granola and nut butters and dried fruits...baked goods
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    Pretty much any Thai or Chinese food- I can't get enough of the yum cha, duck, or high-salt soup! Yum yum yum.

Tom ka gai soup is my fave!
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    oh dear god, u have me thinking of food....chinese, indian, all types of snack, doritos and dips...mmmmmm chocolate hahahaha
    i just keep telling myself NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS! maybe one day i can believe that!

The thing is, thinking of my treat day gets me through the diet at times as well as looking thin in the end! x x
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I don't like to classify any food as "naughty" nor do I restrict treats to one day. If I want a cookie or some ice cream, I eat it as long it fits into my macros and calories for the day.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    Mines already planned too ... beef strogonoff and chocolate cheescake ...roll on sunday !! xxxx

hahaha Salivating for Sunday!
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    I don't like to classify any food as "naughty" nor do I restrict treats to one day. If I want a cookie or some ice cream, I eat it as long it fits into my macros and calories for the day.

i used to suffer bulimia so I struggle having small treats as i easily binge or get carried away so im quite strict like that x x
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options

i used to suffer bulimia so I struggle having small treats as i easily binge or get carried away so im quite strict like that x x

Good for you, for overcoming that! :flowerforyou:

My treat is vanilla frozen yogurt.............with magic in it (cookies and candy). I haven't had any in about 3 weeks so I've been on my best behavior. (Until next week.....:devil: )
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I think it will be brownies this weekend, or Dove Milk chocolate. As a binger myself I find it better to have bigger treats less often. I FLOVE the recipe builder...I can punch in a recipe and divide it however I like it and have all the work done for me.

I try to keep my treats within my calorie allotment, but don't freak if I go over on occasion. How do others handle it? Do you just try and have a reasonable meal and not worry about it?
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my treats within my calorie allotment, but don't freak if I go over on occasion. How do others handle it? Do you just try and have a reasonable meal and not worry about it?

I've realized that having a "cheat day" is a terrible idea for me. Somehow my brain sees it as, "Oooh, better eat ANYTHING junk food-ish today because you CAN'T the rest of the week" and then I kind of go crazy. Thankfully my days of having binge episodes seem to be over/very rare, but I never had any issues with wanting to binge/ending up bingeing until I decided to do a pretty strict diet 6 days of the week and give myself the one day off.

Now, I just try to make good choices on a daily basis depending on the situation. I try to eat healthily especially when I'm by myself or at work (I'm a nurse and we don't have group lunches out/etc so other than some breakroom treats from time to time this is fairly easy to do). When I'm in a situation with treats or out to dinner/etc, I try to eat slowly, reallly listen to my hunger cues, and remind myself that if I don't eat x and reallllly want it later, I can get it-no need to stuff myself now! I've also pretty much cut out diet soda (more than anything, it seems to rev up my appetite for sweets/crappy carbs) and drink lots of water. The water seems to keep me from getting quite as ravenous. I wasn't very good at drinking H20 before and looking back I think I was frequently a little dehydrated when I thought I was soooo.hungry.

So, my advice would just be to learn however you can to eat in moderation whatever the situation may be. When I started doing this I was so afraid of it turning into a constant binge fest-especially with me still tracking everything, it totally hasn't. I firmly believe that part of reaching/maintaining a healthy weight (and doing so without major food hangups/body issues) involves learning to eat in social situations that you haven't completely planned for and controlled.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon rolls!! yummmmmy
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options

I've realized that having a "cheat day" is a terrible idea for me. Somehow my brain sees it as, "Oooh, better eat ANYTHING junk food-ish today because you CAN'T the rest of the week" and then I kind of go crazy. Thankfully my days of having binge episodes seem to be over/very rare, but I never had any issues with wanting to binge/ending up bingeing until I decided to do a pretty strict diet 6 days of the week and give myself the one day off.

Now, I just try to make good choices on a daily basis depending on the situation. I try to eat healthily especially when I'm by myself or at work (I'm a nurse and we don't have group lunches out/etc so other than some breakroom treats from time to time this is fairly easy to do). When I'm in a situation with treats or out to dinner/etc, I try to eat slowly, reallly listen to my hunger cues, and remind myself that if I don't eat x and reallllly want it later, I can get it-no need to stuff myself now! I've also pretty much cut out diet soda (more than anything, it seems to rev up my appetite for sweets/crappy carbs) and drink lots of water. The water seems to keep me from getting quite as ravenous. I wasn't very good at drinking H20 before and looking back I think I was frequently a little dehydrated when I thought I was soooo.hungry.

So, my advice would just be to learn however you can to eat in moderation whatever the situation may be. When I started doing this I was so afraid of it turning into a constant binge fest-especially with me still tracking everything, it totally hasn't. I firmly believe that part of reaching/maintaining a healthy weight (and doing so without major food hangups/body issues) involves learning to eat in social situations that you haven't completely planned for and controlled.

gr8 advice. thanks x x x
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    I think it will be brownies this weekend, or Dove Milk chocolate. As a binger myself I find it better to have bigger treats less often. I FLOVE the recipe builder...I can punch in a recipe and divide it however I like it and have all the work done for me.

I just constantly eat low fat during the week t hen on a sunday i eatty a pizza etc just to have a worry free day! x x
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Schwans man Chocolate chip ice cream! Yummy!