Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I got a tattoo on my lower back when I lost 100 pounds. It says beauty and has roses around it...and I love it everyday! I don't wear clothes to show it off because it is for me. It represents a lot of hard work and a goal that was reached. Me and my hubby see it (and he thinks it's sexy and knows what I went through to get it)... and then it's kind of like a fun surprise when you are in a situation where people would see it (in a bathing suit). People don't know that I have it and definitely doesn't classify me as any "type" of woman because it's very rarely shown. I think it is sexy and beautiful

<<<<

Stand up please :love:
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

+1 Judgmental Point for you.
    LEVEL UP!
    How is that judgmental? I said it makes people LOOK trashy. Nit that tattoos MAKE them trashy. There is a difference. Also, it is called an opinion. Let me guess, it's okay to think it but not okay to say it if you don't agree. LOL.....
    I wouldn't say it's ok to think it either. What a sad, little person is one who has trashy thoughts... I don't care if you live in a mansion or a trailer park, work in a job that pays 500K a year or McDonalds. We are ALL JUST people, we are all the same in a way. We may make bad decisions or not dress the way another person thinks we should but how ignorant to walk around thinking poorly of others, much less judging them. We are here to edify, encourage, build one another up. To LOVE. Not tear each other down or be haters.
    Also, I personally agree that tattoos make a person sexier. HUGE turn on.
    The word "tramp stamp" was probably made up by some *kitten* clown anyway *lol* Not that I am judging but for those who are, I think you would be embarrassed to have used the phrase after finding out who made it up in the first place! ;)
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tattoos, one of which is on my lower back. This whole "tramp stamp" label is quite annoying. It is YOUR body. You choose what to do with it. If you want to put a tattoo of cat eyes above your vajayjay, who are we to judge?

All these people saying that tattoos are "ugly", etc. etc. Seriously!? Are we forcing you to put tattoos on your body? No. I can understand people being offended if you see someone walking down the street with a swastika tattooed on their neck or forehead in plain view, but I have to see something like that. Other than that, please stop being so judgmental. The tattoos aren't hurting anyone! Well...except when they're being done on the person getting them! :)
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

How is that judgmental? I said it makes people LOOK trashy. Nit that tattoos MAKE them trashy. There is a difference. Also, it is called an opinion. Let me guess, it's okay to think it but not okay to say it if you don't agree. LOL.....

But don't people judge people by the way they "look" and assume they are as presented? Just a bit of fallacy. I don't fault you for your opinion...you believe they are trashy. I don't. Simple...no need to disagree. But, don't pretend that your distinction in words makes your claim more valid. Just own your opinion.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options

I hear this rationalization all the time, and disagree with it. People get tattoos for other people, not themselves. It's like saying you wear makeup for yourself. Say I like Superman; I know I like Superman, but I get the tattoo so that others know it too. It is an outward expression. One does not express oneself to oneself, they express themselves to others. It's a really cheap and shallow form of expression in my opinion, too. I would never reduce myself to expressing myself through designs painted on my body. End rant.

You'd never know I had it unless I'm showing it, along with any of my others...don't pretend to tell me why I have what I have.

Exactly! I hate when ignorant people who think they are more intelligent than they really are make assumptions and pass them off as some kind of pseudo-psychoanalysis. My tattoo has meaning to me. Other than people really close to me, no one knows what that meaning is. So I hardly think I am trying to tell anyone else anything about me. I designed it and *** I *** like to look at it. Not once did the idea of expressing something to someone else cross my mind. LOL But then again, when I get up in the morning and get dressed, not once does what someone else think of me cross my mind. I dress so that I like the way I look. Maybe I'm weird that way. (OK ... maybe I'm ALSO weird that way!)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Well i feel like I'm classy. My tattoo on my lower back doesn't define who i am. If some want to call it a tramp stamp then they have totally got it wrong. Just my opinion.

exactly
  • dfurton83
    dfurton83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have 6 tattoos and in my opinion they are not trashy. As a matter of fact they become conversation pieces. I have a lime green awareness ribbon on my left wrist in honor of my boyfriend and his battle with non hodgkins lymphoma, I also have a royal blue ribbon for colon cancer awareness, it runs rampant in my family. My royal blue tattoo also stands for child abuse, a cause I am very passionate about. My next will be an orange ribbon for my dad who was hit by a drunk driver while on his motorcycle. My tattoos are a life long reminder to be aware of things that could affect you.

My best piece of advice, if you don't like them don't look at them. However, I do HATE face tattoos, you can't avoid them.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tattoos, one of which is on my lower back. This whole "tramp stamp" label is quite annoying. It is YOUR body. You choose what to do with it. If you want to put a tattoo of cat eyes above your vajayjay, who are we to judge?

All these people saying that tattoos are "ugly", etc. etc. Seriously!? Are we forcing you to put tattoos on your body? No. I can understand people being offended if you see someone walking down the street with a swastika tattooed on their neck or forehead in plain view, but I have to see something like that. Other than that, please stop being so judgmental. The tattoos aren't hurting anyone! Well...except when they're being done on the person getting them! :)

while i completely agree with you on this, this whole thread was started off as a, hey whats your opinion?

people have opinions on everything, blue is their favorite color, mint chocolate chip ice cream is the best and that dance hall days is the greatest song ever recorded. it doesnt make them wrong for holding an opinion.
  • SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options

I hear this rationalization all the time, and disagree with it. People get tattoos for other people, not themselves. It's like saying you wear makeup for yourself. Say I like Superman; I know I like Superman, but I get the tattoo so that others know it too. It is an outward expression. One does not express oneself to oneself, they express themselves to others. It's a really cheap and shallow form of expression in my opinion, too. I would never reduce myself to expressing myself through designs painted on my body. End rant.

You'd never know I had it unless I'm showing it, along with any of my others...don't pretend to tell me why I have what I have.

Exactly! I hate when ignorant people who think they are more intelligent than they really are make assumptions and pass them off as some kind of pseudo-psychoanalysis. My tattoo has meaning to me. Other than people really close to me, no one knows what that meaning is. So I hardly think I am trying to tell anyone else anything about me. I designed it and *** I *** like to look at it. Not once did the idea of expressing something to someone else cross my mind. LOL But then again, when I get up in the morning and get dressed, not once does what someone else think of me cross my mind. I dress so that I like the way I look. Maybe I'm weird that way. (OK ... maybe I'm ALSO weird that way!)

LOVE THIS! And my tattoo!!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A lot of ladies, of all ages, at the yoga studio and kettlebell gym I go to, have them. They all seem like very healthy and positive individuals, so that is the association I have when seeing someone with a tattoo. I also happen to think they are sexy.

Before I was "exposed" to tattoos all the time, I did have a negative connotation about them.
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are art. Not all art is phenomenal, and neither all tattoos.

However, if someone doesn't have the fortitude to sit for the pain, they don't have a position with which to opine with any relevance.

Tattoos are art. 'Nuff said.

^This
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I am always amazed at how people get so offended and need to attack when they have a differing opinion. I think that people who have tattoos are doing their own thing. The same way I am doing my own thing by not having any tattoos. I have been harshly criticized for being with no ink. I know some very productive, intelligent, trustworthy people with tattoos. Tattoos do not make a person a sub-standard human being. However, they look terrible. I suppose I should get into the habit of adding a mile of fine print to every comment so as not to offend the thin skinned folks in the world. :laugh:
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Given that the OP was seeking feedback in the form of opinions, I'll say that I (personally) don't find lower back tattoos to be attractive. While I wouldn't necessarily use "trashy" in regards to this particular area (any more than other tattoo locations), based another comment (about certain things around those parts not needing to be seen --> thongs, underwear, buttcracks, etc) I can see the merit in such a statement. It's less about the tattoo itself, and more the poor reception society gives to things "hanging out" around the belt line. Call me old-fashioned, but I do have several tattoos myself......
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

It's true......her tats are hot....She couldn't post the pics here because it would get her a strike.....but they are great. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :love:

Aw shucks.... :heart: :drinker:
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos - I think the rap of a tramp stamp is terrible. A tattoo is a tattoo.
  • frixtine
    frixtine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    OMG the negativity in this post is exactly why I stay out of the main forums typically. I do not have "*kitten* antlers" myself, but I do have a rather large tattoo on my leg. I will NOT let anyone tell me that my tattoo is trashy or offensive. Rather I think it is tasteful and artistic. Frankly it would be rude of you to tell me otherwise just like it would be rude of me to tell you that your pasty white skin is bland and boring, wouldn't it.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Would anyone have gotten their tattoos some decades ago when they weren't socially acceptable?
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Given that the OP was seeking feedback in the form of opinions, I'll say that I (personally) don't find lower back tattoos to be attractive. While I wouldn't necessarily use "trashy" in regards to this particular area (any more than other tattoo locations), based another comment (about certain things around those parts not needing to be seen --> thongs, underwear, buttcracks, etc) I can see the merit in such a statement. It's less about the tattoo itself, and more the poor reception society gives to things "hanging out" around the belt line. Call me old-fashioned, but I do have several tattoos myself......

Well said sir. Whether or not I agree with the statement, it's nice to see someone respond in the negative, but do so politely! Thank you!
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Would anyone have gotten their tattoos some decades ago when they weren't socially acceptable?

Good question. I would like to think I would. I have wanted ink as long as I can remember. As a kid, I used to draw designs for my "future" tattoos. LOL I'm pretty sure it probably has something to do with a past life.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

You know what else makes people look kind of trashy? Judgmental comments.
    Yup. However, the OP did ask for their opinion and, right or not, that is this person's opinion.

The opinion here is "tattoos are eyesores". The judgement (which was not asked for) is "trashy".