Some people can be super negative when replying to posts...

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Take for example the person who just called people lazy because they write in the forum for help instead of looking for help in old forum topics. So now we need to research before writing in our own forum?

yes, it is in the forum guidelines...or did you not read those...?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Agreed. To each their own opinion, but remember mom's advice 'if you don't have something nice to say..'

say it behind the person's back?

no, keep quiet and punch them in the face....
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    why do some of you not go through and read allll the pages on this post so you don't repeat what someone else has already said? Or notice that 2 pages back I said I was sorry and now understood everything alot better? Seems like the same thing to me,

Yes, this is also a problem. Obviously we all want to chime in and share our expert advise. :laugh:

But it can be a problem... like the guy who started a thread asking for help and then a week or so in, he died, and people kept just answering the post over and over repetitively even after reading the addition by someone else that the OP had DIED.

Wow, that is terrible!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    On the other hand the majority of people are super supportive when replying to posts. They give an incredible amount of useful information, advice and encouragement to everyone. Some people are super inspirational in what they have achieved , some people are just super funny and make us all laugh, some people are just plain super and they are all on my friends list.

OMG, cannot resist.......

big-gay-al-im-super-thanks-for-asking_zps639e10a8.gif

LOL hilarious...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    why do some of you not go through and read allll the pages on this post so you don't repeat what someone else has already said? Or notice that 2 pages back I said I was sorry and now understood everything alot better? Seems like the same thing to me,

Yes, this is also a problem. Obviously we all want to chime in and share our expert advise. :laugh:

But it can be a problem... like the guy who started a thread asking for help and then a week or so in, he died, and people kept just answering the post over and over repetitively even after reading the addition by someone else that the OP had DIED.

Wow, that is terrible!

I'm morbid enough to wonder if that thread is still going. heh
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This thread is stupid
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just ignore the ones who seemed like they weren't hugged enough. If they have to get their jollies off on someone asking for help, then ( My opinion) they are not worth my time to bother reading their rants,or in your face responses.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Take for example the person who just called people lazy because they write in the forum for help instead of looking for help in old forum topics. So now we need to research before writing in our own forum?

That we need to research?

This is what I read in the forum guidelines: "Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once."
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I just joined, and I'm liking it so far. But it seems quite a few people are really negative or even mean when replying to other peoples posts. I mean, if someone is asking a question it does no good to reply with a sarcastic comment that insults their intelligence... Just because something is easy for one person doesn't mean it is for another. Right? People ask questions to find answers, not to be ridiculed or insulted. Anyone noticed this???

Absolutely agree! After the first page, I had to stop reading the replies to your post because they were getting too condescending and belittling. People on these boards (really most public internet sites) say so much that they would never say in person. I hate all the negativety too. Like some others have said, I mostly stay to my group of friends on this page who have all been really positive. I only occasionally read and reply to the message boards. Feel free to friend me, only positive support here.

Just to be clear I'm not upset with anything anyone has posted on this thread. :) I don't consider any of the previous posts as attacks on me or anything. I seriously did not know how things worked here (or any forum/blog) and so I made a classic newbie mistake. I can laugh at myself.

Quit sweating it. At least you did the right thing and learned from your mistake. Also, meh. You are a newbie. You know better now. I think you will do fine. The occasional repost isn't so bad, or maybe askig about a particular spin on a reposted question that may not have been particularly responded to fully or adequately. Don't beat yoursefl up over this whole situation. Seriously.
  • ndj1979
    Options

That we need to research?

This is what I read in the forum guidelines: "Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once."

WOW...I was joking....chill out...damn, some of you have no sense for sarcasm...
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

WOW...I was joking....chill out...damn, some of you have no sense for sarcasm...

My bad to you then, but my point still stands to those who act as if it is ok to be rude and snarky because it's basic forum etiquette to search first and act offended that someone wants to ask a question without asking google first. I get tired of seeing people, especially new people, getting snark just because they didn't know people are tired of the topic.

Between the two of us, though, you seem decidedly unchilled. I am bummed that I missed the sarcasm, normally I'm better at that. You must be too good at sounding like a summer's eve.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Agreed. To each their own opinion, but remember mom's advice 'if you don't have something nice to say..'

say it behind the person's back?

HAHA nice.
    I like to be blunt, honest, and speak my mind. I won't sugar coat, but I won't go out of my way to belittle folks. I think if someone does or says something that's ridiculous, I am quite sure THEY KNOW IT and don't need to be reminded... unless they like/want the attention.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

My bad to you then, but my point still stands to those who act as if it is ok to be rude and snarky because it's basic forum etiquette to search first and act offended that someone wants to ask a question without asking google first. I get tired of seeing people, especially new people, getting snark just because they didn't know people are tired of the topic.

Between the two of us, though, you seem decidedly unchilled.

If you cant get arrested for it you shouldnt be banned from doing it in a free forum :laugh: Technically it isnt a free forum because their are too many rules. It is a dictated forum :drinker:
  • rhondacollins102
    Options
    I am also new to MFP,Ive been reading everyones comments on your post.I agree,We are on here for our own personal reasons.Lets keep it a positive,motivational site.Everyone needs to hear positive thoughts..Im here to further my weight loss goals.Ive lost 72 lbs since Sept,and I would love to be an inspiration to others.I take it one step,one day and pound at a time.And just because your scales aren't moving as quickly as you want them to,remember that you can still be losing fat and inches.You have to keep your body fed and fueled to loose.I had hit a plateau,i wasn't eating enough calories,i started MFP ,and have lost 3 more pounds
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    And let's just ignore the fact that research leads to new information and go by the old information that comes up in searches.

Asking people to tell you what to think is not research. Researching existing information is research.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    This type of post is really cliche.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

You are SO mean!!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I hate negative posts about negativity. Why can't you be positively negative, OP?
  • Hike_higher
    Options

With over 6000 posts I'm sure you've written your share of cliches lol
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    The fact that negativity comes up as a weekly topic should go to show that some people are horse's patooties.

OR it could be that people don't realize that when you post in a public forum online you open yourself up to thousands of different personalities, backgrounds, attitudes, education levels, personal experiences. OR it could mean that people often interpret written text based on these differences as well as the mood they are in. OR it could mean that many people post about eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 400-500 calories and wondering why they don't lose weight and when people come in and tell them to eat more they get righteously indignant and the only reason they posted was to get "support" and not to be told what they are doing is wrong.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: