Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm a tattoo fan in general. But I reserve the right to snicker when I see a guy with one. (and possibly sneak a cell pic)
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like my lower back tattoo, and I don't really care what anyone else thinks.

If you just look at it, it looks like some bull**** tribal thing, but it's not.

It's terribly meaningful to me, and it's for me. You don't like it? Don't look at it. Problem solved.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    i don't think most people get tattooed in order to come across as classy.

That's true, I guess I'm asking more like, can a lower back tattoo be something other than what the stereotype is.
    I also mean more like if it's by itself, not connected to a larger back tattoo, or one that runs up the whole spine.
    (which would be cool and beautiful :p)
    Mine started as just a lower back tat, but, because I wasn't trying to be "trendy" and have JUST a lower back tat/tramp stamp, I had the rest added to it. You can see most of it in this progress photo from a few months ago.
    8296174467_86d1ea266c_z.jpg

There's another butterfly under my bra. I guess this one shows it better...
    8649909250_5027ebda2a.jpg
    Untitled
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.
    Hey! I might be "trashy" but I'm a classy "trashy" chick!
  • egtram01
    egtram01 Posts: 7
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

+1 Judgmental Point for you.
    LEVEL UP!

Haha, THANK YOU! Why judge? Why not ask about about it, maybe there's an amazing story behind a tattoo. I love mine, and I feel sorry for people who pass judgement so hastily because of physical appearance.

Aren't we all on THIS website because of our perceptions about how we look? Maybe you were judged at one point for how you look or used to look. Think before you pass judgement on someone else.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i don't think most people get tattooed in order to come across as classy.

That's true, I guess I'm asking more like, can a lower back tattoo be something other than what the stereotype is.
    I also mean more like if it's by itself, not connected to a larger back tattoo, or one that runs up the whole spine.
    (which would be cool and beautiful :p)
    Mine started as just a lower back tat, but, because I wasn't trying to be "trendy" and have JUST a lower back tat/tramp stamp, I had the rest added to it. You can see most of it in this progress photo from a few months ago.
    8296174467_86d1ea266c_z.jpg

There's another butterfly under my bra. I guess this one shows it better...
    8649909250_5027ebda2a.jpg
    Untitled

Wow. That's gorgeous.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of the "tramp stamp" but I do like back art.
    I want a vine up my spine with flowers etc... but I want it to end low enough that I can wear an evening gown without it showing.
  • aas1277
    aas1277 Posts: 67
    Options
    I have a lower back tattoo and I don't care who thinks it is a tramp stamp. It is my only tattoo and it means something to me. When I was in H.S. my older sister was tragically killed in a car accident. My closest friends gave me a cross the day of her funeral. It was a beautiful silver cross that looked like it had flowers wrapped around it. I NEVER took it off. Then one day I woke up and it was gone...i must have lost it the night before while I was out and it couldn't be replaced. So years later I got a lower back tattoo. It is the outline of a cross wrapped in a few tiny flowers on vines and has my sister's initial in the middle. It has been over ten years since I got it, I am now 35 and I have NEVER regreted it. It's special to me and it can only be seen when I'm naked or in my swimsuit.
  • irishladyo
    irishladyo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have lots of tattoos, all extremly well done and all have meaning to me. Tattoos are art, like any picture on a wall. PLEASE ignore the stereotype of tramp stamps and get what you want. Tattoos aren't there for other people to like or dislike. They're there for you.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think lower back tattoos tend to look trashy not because of the tattoo but because of the kind of clothing that is often worn in order to show off that tattoo

This! The tattoo itself can be beautiful but for anyone to see it you have to wear revealing clothes. Therefore the "trashy/tramp" rep. Not that everyone wears trashy clothes! :flowerforyou: I love tattoos!! My husband has two and I want to get one as soon as I can! I would get it on my ankle.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I am always amazed at how people get so offended and need to attack when they have a differing opinion. I think that people who have tattoos are doing their own thing. The same way I am doing my own thing by not having any tattoos. I have been harshly criticized for being with no ink. I know some very productive, intelligent, trustworthy people with tattoos. Tattoos do not make a person a sub-standard human being. However, they look terrible. I suppose I should get into the habit of adding a mile of fine print to every comment so as not to offend the thin skinned folks in the world. :laugh:

Can you tell us exactly what the circumstances were that you happened to be "harshly criticized for being with no ink"?
    During face to face interaction in my life??????? Really.... LOL....
  • ghdsmais
    ghdsmais Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    To each their own on tattoo's. Never been a fan of them unitl I saw pictures of Christmas Abbott with all of hers. Now I think totally differently.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I am always amazed at how people get so offended and need to attack when they have a differing opinion. I think that people who have tattoos are doing their own thing. The same way I am doing my own thing by not having any tattoos. I have been harshly criticized for being with no ink. I know some very productive, intelligent, trustworthy people with tattoos. Tattoos do not make a person a sub-standard human being. However, they look terrible. I suppose I should get into the habit of adding a mile of fine print to every comment so as not to offend the thin skinned folks in the world. :laugh:

Can you tell us exactly what the circumstances were that you happened to be "harshly criticized for being with no ink"?
    During face to face interaction in my life??????? Really.... LOL....

Please, tell me one story. Just one. I don't mind reading it if it is a long one. I've just never heard of someone being criticized, let alone harshly, for having no ink.
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    To each their own on tattoo's. Never been a fan of them unitl I saw pictures of Christmas Abbott with all of hers. Now I think totally differently.

Ugggghhhh. She is such a BABE!
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options

+1 Judgmental Point for you.
    LEVEL UP!
    HAHAHAHA!!!

As far as the question goes, if it is strictly on the lower back it may look that way, but if it wraps around or goes up the back or is off to one side, I don't think they are as "tramp-stampy"
    The key is to be original....don't just get what everyone else does. Find an amazing artist, express your concerns, and what you want, and give them creative authority! I did this and don't regret it! I have an amazing tattoo that I intended to put on my forearm but it moved to the back of my arm once I saw the drawing and it is awesome! Don't be locked into any one place either. Original keeps the stigma out of it IMO! =) Good luck!
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Given that the OP was seeking feedback in the form of opinions, I'll say that I (personally) don't find lower back tattoos to be attractive. While I wouldn't necessarily use "trashy" in regards to this particular area (any more than other tattoo locations), based another comment (about certain things around those parts not needing to be seen --> thongs, underwear, buttcracks, etc) I can see the merit in such a statement. It's less about the tattoo itself, and more the poor reception society gives to things "hanging out" around the belt line. Call me old-fashioned, but I do have several tattoos myself......

Well said sir. Whether or not I agree with the statement, it's nice to see someone respond in the negative, but do so politely! Thank you!

I'll definitely have to mark this date on the calendar, as I'm about the least-PC person on the planet. In fact, my wife just got a chuckle when I told her someone actually referred to me including the word "polite". Guess there's a first for everything :drinker:
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think it depends.

Cliche, tacky designs that are shown at every moment look terrible. If they are well designed, a little bit of class and originality, and not shown at every opportunity, they could be ok.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    personally there is no image in the entire world that needs to be permanently put on my body.

Exactly the way I feel.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have a lower back tattoo...and 6 more tattoos in other locations...and I LOVE every one!! I don't like the term "tramp stamp".
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a lower back tattoo and love it! Yep, I think it’s sexy as hell. Just a butterfly, simple and nice.