whats a great 0 calorie drink you found?

Options

Replies

• xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I drink a TON of water...but for a once a day "treat" I indulge in a variety of Sparkling ICE drinks...LOVE THEM

These =) Rite Aid sells them or 'Clear Choice'.. they are yummy! But it is usually just plain water for me too.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Besides water, I drink Coffee, Grape Propel, Coke Zero (had to have something to wean myself off of soda), and I like using those packets of Crystal Light in my water from time to time (natural lemonade and raspberry green tea are my favorite flavors).
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    The hose in the back yard.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    water all the way! Squeeze some lemon or lime in there... For those drinking MIO, check teh ingredients. Really want to drink antifreeze?

For low-cal drinks, while you'd think low-cal to be awesome stuff - flavored and all pay clsoe attention to the ingredients. What they add to it...If you don't know what it is, drink it...fine..but keep the bottle and look it up later, will make you think TWICE about that drink again!
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    water water and more water... in the spirit of the OP I do love some sparkling water with a pinch of fresh ginger..
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like to brew up large batches of green tea with wild blueberry and acai and throw in slices of fresh ginger for a little extra bite.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Orange tangerine Mio in water, it's my new favorite!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    water all the way! Squeeze some lemon or lime in there... For those drinking MIO, check teh ingredients. Really want to drink antifreeze?

For low-cal drinks, while you'd think low-cal to be awesome stuff - flavored and all pay clsoe attention to the ingredients. What they add to it...If you don't know what it is, drink it...fine..but keep the bottle and look it up later, will make you think TWICE about that drink again!
    ive read the ingredients, I didn't see anything about antifreeze. It says it has natural favors in it, what specifically is bad about it?

I'm not really one to worry about stuff like that anyways, I still drink diet soda too but Mio seemed better.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

ive read the ingredients, I didn't see anything about antifreeze. It says it has natural favors in it, what specifically is bad about it?

I'm not really one to worry about stuff like that anyways, I still drink diet soda too but Mio seemed better.
    this is what I found online, yahoo answers so not very official, but still...

"First Propylene glycol, yes it is used in antifreeze, BUT it is "non-toxic" antifreeze and is the exact opposite of "ethylene" glycol which is also used in [toxic] antifreeze that is very toxic to humans and animals. Propylene glycol is used in antifreeze for winterizing drinking water systems. It is also used as a moisturizer in medicines, cosmetics, food, toothpaste, shampoo, mouth wash, hair care products, and the main ingredient of deodorant sticks. The list goes on, it's a good thing to look up it is in a lot of everyday things.
    Now sucralose, in minimal amounts as in mio is not bad, think about it most baking mixes have splenda in it, which is made from sucralose. Everything in Mio is something the body can use, as it is also found in other everyday items. Also if you're not sure just look it all up on your own, the short list list of ingredients doesn't take long. I really hope this helps, by the way i love Mio, it's really getting me to drink more water throughout the day."
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero!!! and it tastes not bad either!!!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    diet mountain dew or ice tea packets for your water from crystal light
    I also love diet mtn dew and a lot of teas, green, earl grey, raspberry tea, etc. I drink it hot and plain!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Water is the only 0 calorie drink for me.
    IMO - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • maryann125
    maryann125 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know diet soda is no-no, but for an OCCASIOAL change from plain water, I found FRESCA to be a good choice.
  • purplesora
    purplesora Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened, no anything added tea C: However, it might be better to start at plain water! I found that back when I was addicted to soda, I hated tea with a passion because it tasted blander than water, then for a few years I drank nothing but water and coffee, and in that time my pallet "calmed down" from all the constant processed sugar and appreciated the subtle flavor of tea a lot more.

But my suggestion is find the Celestial teas in your super market. Cinnamon Apple Spice and Wild Berry Zinger are my favs. Fruity enough to be tasty and not need sugar, but still 0 cal.

However, Green Tea has all these other health benefits like speeding up your metabolism and lowering stress, so check out Lipton's line of lightly flavored green teas (the bags, of course).
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    H2O
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    not quite zero cal but I like to spice up water with fresh sqeezed lemon/lime juice!
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Crystal light and VitaminWater.
  • angela_kline
    Options
    Powerade zero is great!
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    green tea.
  • serenitymamma