Movies that made you feel awful

Replies

• william622
    william622 Posts: 606 Member
    I cried at the end of edward scissorhands lol
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Pan's Labyrinth. I enjoyed the movie but there were parts that made me cringe.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    There are parts in Practical Magic, Up and American Beauty that are hard for me to watch because I have lost a partner.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    The "feel good" movies always make the most money---why is it that Hollywood insists on making movies that make their viewers miserable? Maybe it is because so many who make the movies are quite dead inside and it takes unusual and depraved stories to get them excited?

I feel like you've nailed it here.
  • smantha32

Zodiac..a murder mystery where even at the end you are left clueless as to who actually was the serial killer..are you kidding me?

True story unfortunately. They never figured out who the real zodiac killer is. Still at large.
  • smantha32
    You guys have managed to name all of mine, plus a few I will now make sure I never see. lol
  • tina28m
    tina28m Posts: 19
    Les Miserables :cry:
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    The Mist- I think it was on TV but I was SO MAD at the ending!!!
  • MsFree09
    MsFree09 Posts: 44 Member
    I just saw that new movie Temptation last night. So depressing. At the end, I literally felt drained and so sad. Ugh...never again.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Marly & Me
    Click
    Dying at Grace
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    This is a ocumentary not a movie but "Dear Zachary"
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    The Lorax. Not the new one but the one that was out when I was a little kid. It was so upsetting to me!
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member

also watched movie about a woman who had to feed her baby raw meat. the baby had sharp teeth and claws and everything.
    i think i was still pregnant when i saw that one, totally freaked me out.

Are you talking about Grace? She gives birth to the baby in a birthing pool. The baby is "stillborn" but then comes back to life. It ends up being a killer baby. Extremely ridiculous but very disturbing.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    After I walked out of the theater after seeing District 9 I felt ashamed to be human. I just hope mankind wouldn't really behave like that if aliens did arrive.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Walked in on my brother and friend watching 'Traces of Death'. I wasn't right for a few days after watching that, but it desensitized me to the gruesome real world we all live in, but chose to ignore.
  • A few have already been mentioned, but here's my list:

- Gus van Sant's '"Elephant" (it's not about the animal)
    - Audition
    - Pi
    - Hillary and Jackie
    - Breaking the Waves
    - Shutter Island
    - Life is Beautiful
    - The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    human centipede

Human Centipede was probably THE most f***ed up movie I've ever seen.

Oh man.
    Why did I even check the trailer out.
    (shaking head in disgust)
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    "Pay It Forward" when the little kid got killed.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    I hate this thread because it made me curious about A Serbian Film. That was hands down the most disturbing film I have ever seen in my entire life.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and never EVER watch that movie.

Even though that baby looked fake as all hell, I had to look away. HORRIBLE.

Seriously. The entire movie I was like:

Britney-spears-x-factor-scared.gif
  • Blood Diamond. I had a small faith crisis after seeing it and it turned me off diamonds forever. My engagement ring was Baltic amber instead of diamonds because of it.