Want to lose 14lbs in 4weeks :-/ any tips?

Options

Replies

• Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    30 Day shred, everyday 100% effort, and good diet, no cheating 100% meeting goals.

I lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks doing that, but I think I had a lot more to lose than you. Details are on my profile page if you are interested.

that's weird, i lost 20lbs in 3 weeks having a cheat day every 2 days... So i am confused, how come you ate "clean" and i ate dirty, and i still lost more weight...

you are such a brat! ;-) :heart:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Holiday and my birthday,, that's the reason I want the weight gone plus I can't fit into any of the clothes I wore per Xmas it's shocking how fast the weight piled out...iv only myself to blame. I kept saying ill eat this today and start tomorrow ahhhh!

Rice diet, don't. Just some stupid crap someone came up with to lose weight. I will invent a diet for you now. It's caled the M&M diet, you can eat 2 bag of M&M's a day, and nothing more. If it has the word "diet" in it, stay away.

Now about your bday, no one cares how much you weigh. There have been many times i wanted to be a specific weight for a special day. On Christmas, I wanted to weigh 250lbs. I wanted that for about 6 months. I thought, "yeah everyone is going to tell me i look good and all this stuff, I am gong to be happy."I walked in the door, first thing my uncle said was "you lost your stomach, what have you been doing?" i told him "eating right and exercising" he said, "okay, want a beer?" I waited 6 months to get that... no one cares how much you weigh, 14lbs probably won't even show on you. So stop stressing that.

Shoot for 1-2lbs a week and call it a day, you can't tell your body how much to lose or by when.
    It would be so much easier if u could just tell your body how much u want to lose though by a certain time and from specific parts :) I know nobody else will probably care or notice its a me thing I guess. But ye all make sense on here
    and since the body doesn't work that way, why not just plan on losing it the healthy way and take it as it comes?
  • flint1545
    Options
    I did way too many crash diets as a kid and teenager. I'd eat 500 calories a day and lose 15-20 pounds in month. BUT this is probably the worst idea ever!! The weight always came back, leaving me emotionally wrecked. Slow and steady is the way to go sweetie.

1200-1500 calories a day, to lose 2 pounds a week tops. That's not even that slow actually. That would be considered aggressive weight loss for most people. It would take you 7 weeks to lose the 14 pounds - that's only 3 weeks longer than you want now. AND you have much higher chances of keeping it off. :)

Good luck. You can do it.
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That's the bottom line I guess healthy eating..cut out all the junk.. Try drink 2 litres of water everyday, exercise everyday and 30ds. And see how much comes off
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    30 Day shred, everyday 100% effort, and good diet, no cheating 100% meeting goals.

I lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks doing that, but I think I had a lot more to lose than you. Details are on my profile page if you are interested.

that's weird, i lost 20lbs in 3 weeks having a cheat day every 2 days... So i am confused, how come you ate "clean" and i ate dirty, and i still lost more weight...

You lost more weight than it looks like that poster ever weighed, period. (I'm not making fun of you.) You can't really compare the rates of your weight loss.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh thought yed say that! I just need it gone gained so much weight since Xmas! What's a realistic goal

Xmas was almost four months ago - why do you want to lose it within a month if it took that long to gain it? 1-2lbs a week is realistic - and if that's all you need to lose, its more realistic to lose .5-1lbs a week...That way it should stay of and you won't gain it back within a month again....

It's called "instant gratification" and a bad case of the "I WANT IT NOW!!!"s. Most commonly found among the younger generation who have lost any and all ability to wait and/or work hard for their rewards. Common symptoms include, but are not limited to: whining, pleading, begging, eye rolling, and dismissive responses to wise advice from people who have worked long and hard to get where they are in their fitness and health, without resorting to radical diets, useless pills and "detox" cleanses.
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    3.5lb per week, honestly ......I think you are kidding yourself. It might be possible if you were obese just starting out but otherwise I would say no. Nor is it healthy.

Getting fitter and healthier is not going to magically happen over 4 weeks.

TOTALLY AGREE!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

I knew someone would get confused.

I meant in 3 weeks time. she lost 15lbs in 4 weeks, I lost 20 in 3 and I was eating junk food(every 2nd day was a free day), she was not she was eating "healthy"

No, I knew what you meant. But just by being male (assuming no health problems) and heavier, you will lose weight at a faster rate. I would expect you to crush the weight loss of the poster who posted her regimen. If she followed what you followed, I doubt she would have lost her 15 pounds in four weeks.
  • nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's possible, I have been losing 3lbs/week following this regime ; note, I started at 353 January 4th - I did have abit a trouble these last two weeks, but I am back on the losing path. I am now 310. I have been on 2000 calories/day, with about 1900 calories of fitness training (tread mill, moderate resistance training a week). The secret - do a custom diet of 25% carbs, 37.5% of protein and fats, That works out to 125 grams of carbs a day. And the key to keep the carbs low is to ELIMINATE ALL WHEAT from your diet, Also no RICE, NO POTATOES no starchy vegetables (corn, peas). Save the carbs for non-starchy vegetables I have done so well on this diet, I decided NOT to get bariatric surgery. I have been monitored by my GP and Cardilogists, recent blood tests show that this diet will only improve metabolic problems, and drastically improved my diabetes! From your photo, you look like you are not even close to being obese, much less morbidly obese like me! Rice diet - c'mon, that will not work for more than a couple of days.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    OP, this may get me crushed, but do a low carb day (under 100, try to do 50 g) for just one or two days to shed some water weight you may be storing from overdoing it on food, enjoy the psychological boost, and get back to business.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    OP, I have been losing a steady 1.5 pounds a week, and I'm not starving. I'm eating 1500 calories a day plus eating back most of my exercise calories. So I think you could lose most of that in 2 or certainly 3 months without making yourself miserable!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Going from my very high calorie intake of the last few weeks to 1200 calorie intake will that help shift the pounds quicker or does it make any major difference ?
    why not use a legit calorie calculator and eating at a moderate deficit forever, instead of going form NOM ALL OF THE THINGS to EAT ALMOST NOTHING AND HATE LIFE?

Extremes are, well, ridiculous. If you want to be able to LOSE the weight and KEEP it off, figure out your BMR... eat at least that much... move some... more, etc.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

go there. do your thing.

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.

If you try to cut your intake too steep you'll sacrifice muscle instead of losing fat, and trust me you don't want that. Just eat at a reasonable deficit and be patient.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm dreaming. Ill try 1.5lbs a week while exercising I suppose to tone and an apple instead of chocolate
    UNQUOTE
    (Messed that up, I just wanted your bit .... :embarassed: )

Hi there
    I guess you gathered from some of the responses that to lose x amount in x weeks is probably not a good thing:smile:

Use the various calculators people have suggested, punch in your stats into MFP (maybe manually reduce the carbs a little, or make sure you eat healthy carbs as much as possible).
    If you choose your food well you will be amazed at how much you can eat - esp if you eat lots of vegies and good quality protein; don't "waste" your calories on junk and processed foods (I know some people have commented that they lost weight whilst eating just that and I have too to a degree, but to each his own)
    If you love chocolate - did you know that 9 out of 10 people love chocolate, and the 10th person is lying :laugh: - buy some really good quality dark 70% dark chocolate, break it into squares, wrap them individually, put it in the freezer. Eat one or two squares a day - dark chocolate is actually good for you and hopefully will solve your craving for chocolate.
    An apple a day sounds good, exercising sounds good - go for it!

:flowerforyou: Well done on realising you want to stop the rot, it will take time and perseverance, but it can be done. Good luck, and happy birthday & enjoy your holiday when they come!
  • KrystleFalls
    Options
    Military Diet. Its a three day diet. Follow it and it works! Just lost 7 pounds in 3 days!!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    She says that's what you need to lose 15lbs in 4 weeks. I didn't do any of that. THOSE actions didn't produce weight loss. A calorie deficit did. That's my point.

I can agree with you that calorie deficit will be what makes the magic happen. I didn't take that poster to mean that she had to eat only certain foods, but that had to stick to her targets, and in order to make a calorie deficit big enough, work out.

/thread derail

All this to say I really don't think you should lose 14 lbs in 4 weeks, OP, unless you are very heavy, no matter how you make your calorie deficit happen. But I think you already said that :flowerforyou:
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody yev been very helpful in knocking some common sense into me!! :-D
  • doogan22
    doogan22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, echoing another post I'd say start taking probiotics. It aids your digestion and makes you go to the bathroom thus expelling toxins. Also, I read a book called Eat Clean a few months ago and it really changed the way I viewed food. Eating clean is a way of life that avoids eating processed food which adds to weight gain. just checked trainer Jackie Warner's book 10 pounds in 10 days and it gives great tips. Another great book is Jillian Michael's Slim for Life. She is very motivational. Good luck!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Military Diet. Its a three day diet. Follow it and it works! Just lost 7 pounds in 3 days!!

NO.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    go away and take your fad garbage with you.
  • foxy59lady
    foxy59lady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't bother with those lose weight fast gimmicks. I am still trying to lose the weight I gained over the holidays but I didn't put it on over night and it takes times to lose it. Why it takes so long to take it back off who knows but just get yourself back on a healthy eating and exercise routine and you will get it off. 1-2 lbs a week is a better way and you will be able to keep it off. Allow yourself a cheat day here and there so you don't feel deprived. Good luck.