Morning eaters- a rare breed?

Options

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the meal I look forward to the most. I am not an evening snacker. I hate to have food in my tummy when I am trying to sleep. I sleep much better on an empty stomach. I have major sleep issues. If do eat in the evening then I wake up sick and sluggish and that sets the tone for the day. I am much better not eating after 6pm and then having my oatmeal in the morning when I wake up. My husband is the opposite. He probably eats 1000 calories in the evening alone, not including dinner. Then he doesn't want breakfast until about 11am after he has been up a few hours.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and cannot function without it.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Well they do say you should breakfast like a king/queen, lunch like a prince/princess and supper like a pauper ..... :)

"They" are wrong. But that's not the point of this thread, as OP said.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I do a fasted workout in the early morning, supplemented with water and 30g of BCAA's spread out 10g at a time pre, post and 2 hours after the workout.

My first meal is around 12-1pm and it is my big meal. Like 100g of protein meal. Then I have an 8 hour window to feast, meet my macros, and I stop eating at 8-9pm. Nothing but water/tea until noon the next day again.

This schedule just happens to work out best for me and my habits.

However, every other Friday is my breakfast day where I go to my favorite breakfast hut and enjoy a traditional eggs and bacon meal.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Mmm... I love breakfast. I eat it every day. I tend to eat a larger lunch and then a lighter dinner since I workout at night. I also eat snacks throughout the day.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I eat exactly like you. I usually don't eat more than 300 calories after 4pm and eat the second I wake up. I am also a morning person.... I wonder if that is related?
  • Kassandra772
    Kassandra772 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm such a morning eater!! i love breakfast and if i dont have a healthy breakfast i usually end up eating unhealthy throughout the day. I usually have a big breakfast and sometimes lunch and i eat the rest of my calories through out the day.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast too. To me it is an important meal. I eat a protein filled breakfast everyday. Make for a good day for me.
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just eat fruit in the morning I heard it helps getting your metabolism going after sleeping!! I stay under 300 cals. I like to have a bigger dinner.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP - I love my breakfast! Can't start my day without it! Oats/porridge/no added sugar wholegrain cereal with semi skimmed milk and berries or eggs and bacon/eggs and a piece of toast for me! And a green tea
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I work in the mornings. I have to get up really early as it is (4am), making myself breakfast would require me to get up even earlier...seeing as how I snooze about up until im 15 minutes from being late, breakfast ain't happenin' lol.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the night eaters for sure. In fact I have to force myself to eat breakfast cause I'm normally not hungry in the mornings. But if I don't eat before work I get all tired and bleh.

Love to save most of my calories for nighttime eating out or snacking, though!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I graze all morning. I love breakfast.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day, no matter what. I cannot say I am a big breakfast eater, but have to have something. Otherwise my tummy will surely let me and everyone else around know that I am not feeding it! LOL
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry in the morning but I much prefer my double shake meal replacement. If I'm still hungry after that, I'll eat a meal replacement bar.
  • jbeverly21176
    Options
    Ever since I started to eat better and exercise I find myself waking up and craving breakfast, never use to like to eat in the morning but now I'm all about it!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Love breakfast!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast! fave meal of the day! I can't eat as soon as I get up though. I have to wait a little bit. On workdays, I eat breakfast when I first get to work (around 7am). On weekends I eat breakfast usually as soon as I can after taking my thyroid pill (says you have to wait at least half an hour before eating anything).

I always have eaten breakfast.Even when I was younger, like in highschool I'd always have a big bowl of (healthy!) cereal before walking to school
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If I eat breakfast in the morning my stomach growls all day and I am ravenously hungry all day. Can't eat enough! But if I breakfast at noon while the rest of the world is eating lunch, then I do fine.