share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    NSV 2 - Ive signed up for my first 5k in mid July - I have never run outside before and could only manage 5 mins on a treadmill. On Thursday I jogged for 1k around a park ... yay go meeeeee!!

I find running outside so much easier than running on a treadmill (despite my bum knees). I find it's also a much better workout because you're pulling yourself along instead of a treadmill belt pulling you along. Just my opinion. Some find it to be the opposite!
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    For Clothes:
    >My gym pants are baggy!
    >Last summer when I wore them camping, they were t-i-g-h-t... I completely filled them in, and then some. :noway: lol.
    >Now there are baggy folds around the lower belly area! :happy:
    >My size 16R Tommy Hilfger jeans are huge on me now, I definitely need new ones but I'm holding off still.

For Fitness:
    >My arms are really starting to tone up. I'm loving the curve of my shoulders.
    >I can do 8 very quick burpees in a row. A few months ago, I was struggling to even kick my legs back while holding myself up with both my arms. Had to put back one leg at a time. I was with my Personal Trainer at this time and I still see him once a week.
    >I'm getting closer to being able to do 1 complete push-up. For me, this is huge.
    >My Trainer is constantly impressed with my progress. I'm at the gym a lot practicing the stuff we do without him, so I guess that's why I'm getting better so quickly.

Yaay for all of your NSV's too!

Emmalee :flowerforyou:
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new belt since I have none that actually keep my pants up now.

I also need new pants because every pair I have look like flood pants due to the waist, but I'm waiting until I reach my goal weight.

Try going to a couple of thrift stores in your area. I lost 80lbs and it is both incredibly empowering to take laundered clothing that's too big for you and celebrate your success (and know that you're not gaining it back) and helpful to pick up clothes that fit you now and celebrate how far you've come. I cycled through all the way from 18-20 to my current 10-12 at the thrift store.
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    After being a size 18 for years, I managed to squeeze into a size 13 jeans yesterday! I couldn't breathe and they certainly didn't look pretty but they were buttoned and zipped!
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Had to punch a new hole in my belt to keep my skirt from falling down!
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My crappy old capris that I use for gardening/taking recycling etc. are loose from last fall. Guess who lost inches over winter? Huzzah!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pair of socks on to keep my shoes from being too loose. And yesterday I unbuttoned my jeans to use the rest room and pulled them down without unzipping them.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh my Gosh!!! Look at all of these fantastic NSV's this is one of my fav. topics ever!

Ok, I will share... Today's NSV finished, for the first time ever, a complete workout program. The "Butt Bible" by Pauline Nordin....and I am going to do it again it is fantastic!
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have 15 pairs of pants going to goodwill today because I have dropped 2 pants sizes and 2 shirt sizes. It was eye opening to see my body in clothes that actually fit!
  • ozonenrhia1
    Options
    well lets see:) My nursing tops are too big, I still wear them cause they are comfy:) but now they are too loose.. My new pair of size 16 jeans are now too big:) I just bought them in Feb:) I have tons more energy...some small set backs but I am back on track and loving it:)
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did my first Mud Run today. Even though I am recovering from a *terrible* cold and sinus infection that kept me from the gym for a week, I at no point felt like I was going to die!
  • Sonic_1971
    Options
    NSV 2 - Ive signed up for my first 5k in mid July - I have never run outside before and could only manage 5 mins on a treadmill. On Thursday I jogged for 1k around a park ... yay go meeeeee!!

I find running outside so much easier than running on a treadmill (despite my bum knees). I find it's also a much better workout because you're pulling yourself along instead of a treadmill belt pulling you along. Just my opinion. Some find it to be the opposite!

I loved it - and found it so much easier - cant wait for my next jog/run on Tuesday :)
  • hawaiiblonde
    Options
    Mine is that I ran for 6 minutes today! :) Thats pretty big for me!
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The other day I squeezed into a size 16 jeans, and actually zipped and buttoned them. My highest size in jeans was a 24W (and they had spandex in them) !!, into a 14/16 or XL top from a 26/28. And my belt is a useless piece of leather. Y'all are outstanding!! :flowerforyou:
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I avoided MdDonalds even though though my partner and our son had one!
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    went into a hiking shop, bought awesome craghoppers and I love them and they fit perfect, and my *kitten* looks awesome in them ;-)
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I tried to do level 1 day 1 of 30DS, got seven minutes into it and realized I wasn't quite there yet. Instead of just giving up and sitting on the couch the rest of the day, I went on a 45 minute walk and burned 340 calories!
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great topic! Everyone's NSV is fantastic!

My NSV is that while I was at the grocery store this morning, my husband put a container with 2 slices of cheesecake in the cart as a treat for me. After debating and looking at the label for calorie count, I actually put it back and got a Yoplait light raspberry cheesecake yogurt as a treat instead!:smile:

2nd NSV- I had to go to the thrift store to get smaller size jeans today!
  • sharonhayward775
    sharonhayward775 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mine was for yesterday i made it up 4 flight of stairs without stopping :smile:
  • trevebyn
    trevebyn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Had to buy new gym clothes after my pants fell down. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!