Best/Worst Thing People Said on your Weight Loss Journey?

Options

Replies

• mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Today several coworkers said "you are melting away!" :)
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Best: Wow you're lost alot of weight. Good job.

Worst: I'm not attracted to you anymore - from my husband

Omg. You win. How hurtful.
  • CoachColin
    Options
    I had a buddy tell me he'd never seen triceps as defined as mine.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    'Why are you losing weight, you look fine' - traditional mother (can be extremely annoying when you are still overweight) :laugh:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    From a good friend recently:

"You are looking great - keep it up - I hope some of your self discipline will rub off on me."
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Best: Owner of my company stopped by one day, hadn't seen him in a couple months. "Wow, you've lost some serious weight! That's awesome, man. You look great!"

Worst: Showing a girl I was hanging out with a picture of me 45 pounds ago: "I wouldn't have given you the time of day if we'd met when you looked like that." I really don't think this one's all that bad, I try to take compliments however they come.

Hmmm... not sure if you should appreciate her honesty or dump her for being superficial and shallow...
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    WORST: My mom said "well I told you once you got past 40 you'd have to start watching your weight. (on trying to get back to my per-weight gain weight) Don't bother trying you'll never be that way again".
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I told a friend I had lost 60 pounds so far. She said "but you're still really fat though."
  • hilmes1
    hilmes1 Posts: 1
    Options
    When discussing my diet change and supplements...

"Why would you take Creatine if you're just going to gain all that water weight?"

"Having a high protein diet is going to destroy your kidneys and liver."
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I told a friend I had lost 60 pounds so far. She said "but you're still really fat though."

Some friend! Way for her to be supportive!
  • lvisel
    lvisel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best involves two random guys at a restaurant having a conversation as I enter the room.

Good-Looking Random Guy 1 looks over his shoulder at me whilst continuing talking to Random Guy 2. Good-Looking Random Guy 2 turns around to see what has captured Random Guy 1's attention.

"She's hot,' says Random Guy 2.

It felt especially good because I was dressed in some gross athletic clothes.

Worst: "You haven't lost too much weight.... yet."
  • lcoelho84
    lcoelho84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Best: Its been just a month, and Ive lost roughly 12 lbs. My bestie, who is on her own WL journey always has encouraging words
    Worst: You look... well smaller. Youll always be chubby. Nice, huh?
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Some friend! Way for her to be supportive!

Yeah, I have pretty routinely avoided spending time with her since.
  • reeveslayla
    reeveslayla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    the best thing I hear/ heard is my little sister always tells me "good job" when I finish a work out, I always appreciate it.
    the worst thing is my step dad always criticizes me about me weight and stuff he thinks he's joking so I try not to get too upset about it.
  • mistyblue1963
    Options
    Best..my daughter told me my clothes were getting to big for me :)

worst...A doctor once said to me ' its a shame your not a pig then i could hang you up and slice the fat off you' then he laughed and left me feeling like crap :(
  • maeveslim
    maeveslim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Best: You look fabulous :)
    Worst : You look ten years older.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    (It bares mentioning that I'm really self conscious about my bum.)

Best: Your butt's really firming up!

Worst: You've got a huge *kitten*! Look at it! It's never going to get any smaller, it's genetics. You've got your mom's butt. >_>
  • kegger1997
    Options
    best: husband told me how proud of me he is and is amazed my my control, "you've got this babe"

worst: you don't need to lose weight, you are thin enough. i am 5'5" and 154lbs according to charts just shy of not healthy
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Worst:
    From my co-workers:

1. Where is the rest of you???!!!
    2. I hope that you are going to stop this "diet" it is NOT healthy to eat the way you are. (mind you, I eat 5 times a day)
    3. You really need to stop losing weight, you want to lose how many more pounds? You have nowhere else left to lose anything. Maybe you need to see a doctor.
    4. We put some diet coke, and snacks on your desk, we know you will break for that. (mind you I was doing a food challenge at my gym).

My Mom:
    HONEY, keep going! I was looking at some pictures of you- in high school you were this big *holds hands close together* after college you were this big *holds hands far apart*
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Worst: "Awww you're so pretty now!' I was effin pretty before, ahole.
    "You're just going to gain it all back"... to which I replied "Oh, just like you did after you stopped Jenny Craig?"

Best: "You're such a beautiful sexy woman" - Said by a very special man...

Best and Worst : All of the attention I get from men. I've never had so many doors opened for me. It bothers me that when I was heavier men didn't think I was worth being a gentleman for, but now that I've lost 60 lbs, they do.