bump
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    There are two things I like to do with them. The first is a pizza which has been mentioned. I use low fat ricotta and a splash of pasta sause. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and turkey pepperoni bake for 10-15 min:

20130301_171647-1_zps9ea0268a.jpg

The other is a laughing cow cheese wedge split between two caps, a raw egg in each cap, cover with some bacon bits and bake for 25-30 minutes. When it comes out cover with diced tomatoes and sriracha:

egg_zps2e68159d.jpg
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My coworker brought in these portabella mushrooms with grilled chicken, spinach and a little bit of cheese. Hearty and delicious!
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    :)
  • adfabus
    Options
    I did end up also buying the Jennie-o spicy Italian turkey sausage and putting that in the mushroom. One large meal for under 200 calories!!
  • adfabus
    Options
    Bump
  • adfabus
    Options
    I tried these and WAY over cooked the egg. Next time I will put the egg on towards the end of the cooking time. I like my yolk runny. :)
    There are two things I like to do with them. The first is a pizza which has been mentioned. I use low fat ricotta and a splash of pasta sause. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and turkey pepperoni bake for 10-15 min:

20130301_171647-1_zps9ea0268a.jpg

The other is a laughing cow cheese wedge split between two caps, a raw egg in each cap, cover with some bacon bits and bake for 25-30 minutes. When it comes out cover with diced tomatoes and sriracha:

egg_zps2e68159d.jpg
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Spinach, roasted peppers, mozz cheese and some balsamic vinegar. Grilled or baked wrapped in foil. When it is done, I top it with avocado.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I put feta and bacon in them under the broiler - I marinate / brush them with a mix of olive oil and soy sauce first. They are pretty amazing.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipes with yummy portabellos. :heart:
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also used to make a pizza out of them, haven't tried it since I found out I am lactose intolerant :( My favorite was a little bit of chunky marinara, fresh basil, chicken, and feta. DELISH! Any pizza toppings will do :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    bump
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A big slice of tomato and provolone cheese baked or grilled
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I usually make them into pizzas! sauce, sausage/bacon, mushrooms, onions, peppers, MOZZA. Soooooo good :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Make a vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Brush on, add freshly ground sea salt and pepper and put under the broiler for about 6 minutes. (gill side down) They turn out so beyond awesome! I eat them with slimwich buns and it's better than any meat burger!
  • adfabus
    Options
    Ohhhh, that sounds yummy!!!!! Thanks!!
    I put feta and bacon in them under the broiler - I marinate / brush them with a mix of olive oil and soy sauce first. They are pretty amazing.
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When company comes, I fill them with homemade pesto and top with a bread crumb/ parmesan cheese mixture and pop under the broiler until the tops are brown. (It's a recipe from an old no-carb diet book - Suzanne Somers, I think?)

For myself, I use portabello mushroom caps instead of chicken or steak when I make fajitas. Just slice them lengthwise and add some colorful peppers. Delicious.

But now I have so many more ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • adfabus
    Options
    Yummy!
    When company comes, I fill them with homemade pesto and top with a bread crumb/ parmesan cheese mixture and pop under the broiler until the tops are brown. (It's a recipe from an old no-carb diet book - Suzanne Somers, I think?)

For myself, I use portabello mushroom caps instead of chicken or steak when I make fajitas. Just slice them lengthwise and add some colorful peppers. Delicious.

But now I have so many more ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have stuffed mushrooms with asparagus risotto.