For the love of god women EAT!!!

Options
Forgoodness sake, if I hear one more person say they cannot eat above 1200 cals I may scream.

My GF is the same. Logging with a different sight and claims she "cannot" get above 1200 calories... well you didn't have that problem before!!!

Just eat. Why is it so hard? Genuine question. I have no problems getting to 1600 calories in oneday, nay I could do it in one sitting if I let myself.

grumble grumble grumble... and Happy face :)

Replies

• thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the issue is people trying to drastically overhaul their diets and eliminate everything "bad" in one fell swoop. So they're left eating super low calorie "healthy" foods only. Then we get treated to complaints about how they don't feel well and they're not losing weight and they can't stop ~BINGING~ and they don't know why.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    I think a lot of the issue is people trying to drastically overhaul their diets and eliminate everything "bad" in one fell swoop. So they're left eating super low calorie "healthy" foods only. Then we get treated to complaints about how they don't feel well and they're not losing weight and they can't stop ~BINGING~ and they don't know why.

Drives me mad... eat my friend eat!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have occasional days like that. Not often, though. It's usually related to, as thecakelocker said, trying to eliminate less healthy choices along with a change in schedule. For example, on Friday I worked out after work instead of in the morning and just wasn't hungry for dinner when I got home. I ended up eating 1100 that day, with a net of something like 800. But that was the first time that's happened in quite a while.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options

Though I don't think only eating "healthy" foods is a bad thing, you just have to find healthy foods that have higher calorie contents, and they do exist! I never understood this problem at all.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It appears often people do not want to realize how much they eat. You have to be ready to open your eyes and really look at what you are eating. If you only have a soda and a whopper with fries twice a day and a bagel for breakfast you aren't eating much but you are packing on the pounds.
  • Emsie_lou
    Emsie_lou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am a woman and I have just started on here with 1200 cal but today have upped it to 1500 a day!! I love food and I don't want to lose weight by not eating anything, I want to lose weight by eating the right things and doing exercise! That way I can have a treat if I want one without feeling guilty :)
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Though I don't think only eating "healthy" foods is a bad thing, you just have to find healthy foods that have higher calorie contents, and they do exist! I never understood this problem at all.

To be fair when I first started eating healthier I really didn't know what healthy high calorie foods were. I was mostly eating vegetables and tilapia. Took a while for me to figure out the healthy higher calorie options.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When they switch to all of the low calorie foods, they tend to stuff themselves with vegetables and lean means. Naturally, they feel very full, but aren't getting very many calories. The problem seems to be that they eat waaaay too many vegetables and don't balance it out with healthy foods that actually have calories in them. I understand the full feeling and how when they eat that way it's hard to reach 1200 calories, but they ignore the fact that it's easy to change their diet around a bit and easily consume 1200 calories.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

To be fair when I first started eating healthier I really didn't know what healthy high calorie foods were. I was mostly eating vegetables and tilapia. Took a while for me to figure out the healthy higher calorie options.

I was the same.. took me time to realise that pasta was A. calorific and B. Not going to kill me but help me
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 a day (ish) for 5 weeks, because MFP told me to. Then I came on the forums and saw lots of posts about calculating my TDEE/BMR and i've worked out I should actually be eating around 1400, without counting exercise. There's a lot of information out there...a lot of it confusing, misleading or just plain wrong.
  • joannemgregory74
    Options
    I have no problem eating my 1590 calories plus my exercise calories which came to 530 cals today.

Average eating

Healthy breakfast of about 400 calls (either porridge, Fruit n Fibre or Quorn sausage or bacon sandwich)
    Lunch about 500 calls (a Sandwich with a large side salad and a soya yoghurt for desert.
    Tea about 700-800 calls (Varies I eat a lot of quorn products to cook meals high protein and low fat.)

I average about 10 or more portions of fruit and veg.

I have healthy snacks like 9 seed bars, fruit and veg. I allow myself small treats like a small portion of Dairy free ice cream or a square of 85% dark chocolate.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you must be new here
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Forgoodness sake, if I hear one more person say they cannot eat above 1200 cals I may scream.

My GF is the same. Logging with a different sight and claims she "cannot" get above 1200 calories... well you didn't have that problem before!!!

Just eat. Why is it so hard? Genuine question. I have no problems getting to 1600 calories in oneday, nay I could do it in one sitting if I let myself.

i dont go above 1200 =D *covers ears and waits for the scream* before i didnt have a problem no because i ate crap .. burgers chips ect now all my food if not most of it is vegan .. veg fruits beans lentils ect and they dont have as many calories and fill me up alot faster x
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I love food. I have a hard time staying under 2000 calories a day if I'm not careful. I tried the 1200 calorie thing for a couple days and found myself in the fridge at 11 pm eating everything that rhymed with cheese.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I eat like a man, like 1600-2100 a day, depending on activity level. My ticker says 22... its really like 45. I eat I lose, When I don't eat I BINGE...
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    My daily goal for the past month has been 1300..I burn over 500 calories 6 days a week and eat back my cals so that my daily net is in the 1050-1150 range. That is what it displays under net..I really eat 1500-1600 without counting the burn. I hope that makes sense..this stuff is confusing to me at times..is what i am doing too low? I dont starve myself..I am always satisfied..lots of protein..good carbs..water..low fat.. (i have high cholesterol)

Today I upped my daily goal to 1400..I'm hoping that's a good thing. Weight loss has been steady before this week so I'm thinking if I eat a tad bit more it will benefit me..down 43 lbs now.
  • Logical_Integrity
    Options

:laugh:
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    you must be new here

Nope, 3 years. It just never suprises me!.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I eat 1200 calories I am ravenous, I am satiated at around 1600
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

i dont go above 1200 =D *covers ears and waits for the scream* before i didnt have a problem no because i ate crap .. burgers chips ect now all my food if not most of it is vegan .. veg fruits beans lentils ect and they dont have as many calories and fill me up alot faster x

Do you work out?