Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Options

Replies

• echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i started at 345 and i am in the 270s so far :)
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I started at the end of November @ 307, am now at 280. I'm staying pisitive that I can do this!!!!
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at over 360 pounds never knew how much I weighed exactly and the only recorded weight I had was 362.5 but I can assure I weighed more. I lost 40 pounds before I joined MFP in June 2011. This is a hard battle but I'm in the 250's now and can assure you that if you stick with it and keep going it does work!!! Best of luck to you.
  • omen25th
    omen25th Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome stuff guys trulyh inspiring :)
  • floridahoosier58
    Options
    My starting weight was 336lbs a year ago. I had gastric bypass surgery and Thursday of this week it will be a year since surgery. HI have lost 155lbs and I still want to loose 40 more. I am glad I found my fitness pal. Hoping to fine like minded people waging the battle.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Me! I started just after Thanksgiving at 370 lbs. I'm 5 ft 6 inches. In 15 weeks I've lost 31 lbs, and you CAN do it.

My soft goal is just to reach under 200 lbs, and then I'll reassess what I want.

My tips?

- Don't weigh every day. I don't even weight once a week.
    - Do not reward yourself with food.
    - Hold yourself accountable for everything you eat, every negative thought you have, and really WORK on changing your frame of mind. I started a blog in January (www.fatandflexible.tumblr.com) to do just that.
    - Find your inspiration!!! I follow several Fitspo and yoga blogs for encouragement..
    - Get excited about where you're headed! If you constantly view weight loss as a deprivation tool to a smaller body, you'll be miserable.
  • 140Aimee
    140Aimee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was 306lbs at my biggest, im currently about 300lbs!
  • SueNoruk
    SueNoruk Posts: 3
    Options
    I started my weight loss at 315lbs You need to keep in mind that you did not become your current weight overnight. So with that said take each day as it comes. Try to change one bad habit over a couple of weeks, like water instead of soda. It amazes me how my body now craves water (12-14 glasses a day) I have found so many good vegtables and Fruits out there, so try something you wouldnt have eaten before. I can't say enought about the 100 calorie snack bags. My husband and I spend about an hour each weekend to prepare for the up coming week. (13 animal crackers, baby carrots, nuts, ect) read labels...little new habits one at a time. YOU CAN DO THIS..I now weigh 182, went from size 26-28 to a 12/14 and no longer dibetic. Still trying lose another 50. YOU GO GIRL
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was over 400, lost to 235.. gained some back although I'm still under 3.. (barely), at it again.. Keep going, you can get there.
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I lost my first 5 pounds and today is day 15 :) I am now 313.5
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I lost my first 5 pounds and today is day 15 :) I am now 313.5
    Congrats!!! I celebrate every multiple of 5. 4 more pounds & you'll be in a new decade! You're doing awesome.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started around 350. MFP to log my food and exercise is the only thing that got me losing weight because I always knew how much I was eating and burning. Estimating just doesn't work.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started at 380 pounds and now weigh 195 pounds....so can definitely be done :) Really comes down to simple good eating, and moving more (at your own pace) Id also highly recommend taking progress photos - good luck.
  • cmcoll2
    cmcoll2 Posts: 5
    Options
    I was 305 in Feb of 2010, I am down 70 lbs and working my butt off. I haven't been dieting or exercising for the last 2 years because of the demands of nursing school, but I am back in full swing and down 27 lbs in the last three months. You can do it!! Take it one day at a time and celebrate the little things, I was so happy to reach 275, because I felt like I was closer to 250 than 300, then 250 was awesome, I am so happy now that I am closer to 200. It's a slow ride but it is awesome to be able to do things that I couldn't before. I am running now and doing sit ups and catch myself just feeling where I use to have rolls, and now have bumps lol. Because of weight lifting and cardio I do not have saggy skin, I believe that if you don't starve yourself and workout you lose fat, not muscle and therefore don't get saggy skin. Good luck and keep going, sometimes you don't see results as quickly as you would like to but know that as long as you stay focused and do what you need to do, the results will follow.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Started at 314 eight weeks ago. Now under 300 lbs for the first time in years and feeling much better. I see all these people who have lost 100+ pounds and it really makes me think I can do it too. :)
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well OP, I hadn;t even started my diet yet when you made this thread but someone unearthed it so I can say that when I started I was 303 pounds and now I am just under 200 in a year! It takes hard work and determination but it's doable!
  • austinmclark
    austinmclark Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My starting weight 55 days ago was 310 pounds at 6'6. I dropped close to 20 in a week and a half. And have lost more since then. I currently weigh (as of last week) 280 pounds, including wearing all of my clothes and shoes. So it's bound to be a bit less than that. I never go over my calorie goal, and exercise as much as possible, doing mostly cardio.d
  • harkly
    harkly Posts: 7
    Options
    I started at 320 got down to 265 and have been losing the same 10 for awhile now - so discouraging :( But I will keep trying and changing things up 'til I have reached my goal 140
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    At my biggest, I was 291! I am currently 277. It seems like it is taking forever for it to come off. Please add me for additional support. I love logging and being on here daily :-) Happy losing all
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    July 2012 - 306
    Current - 248
    5'7 Pear shape