How far up/down from your age would you date?

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    (Hint: physical maturity)
    Indeed; I wasn't going to go in to liking specific bodytypes for fear of an internet-beating :P.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    What about the "formula?" Minimum age to date is half your age + 7? Oldest age to date is two times (your age -7).

Based on this I can date anything from 29.5 through age 83

My personal rule is closer to my age than my oldest son's age (he just turned 18) and closer to my age than my dad's (he is 65) which means I can date 31.5 through 55.

with job and kids, though..who has time to date?
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    13 down and 12 up
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and my boyfriend of 4 years is 35 but I would not go younger I don't think I could keep up lol. So 12 years down and about 5 years up.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 22 (in July) and I have dated someone 12 years older then me.. was really nice actually because
    he was very mature.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    According to the "formula" I could date a 19.5 year old or a 43 year old but I wouldn't go for either. I'm willing to go a year younger or five years old but prefer a small age difference of a year or two between us.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and my husband is 44. Should he predecease me I would not do such a large age gap again. I am thinking 5 years older/younger would be my limit.

According to that formula I could date someone as young at 22 and as old at 55....ummm...no thanks. :noway:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    1/2 my age plus 7 !
    Let's see, I'm 60... she'd be 37... I don't think so.
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Mmmm.... All depends really... I guess anything from mid-20's to maybe 45ish! Providing we have a lot in common and get on well and are compatible then that's the main thing!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    About a day either way from my birthday at the absolute maximum.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    About a day either way from my birthday at the absolute maximum.
    When's your birthday dio? :)
  • emtbabe
    emtbabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Maybe a year at max younger..and up to about 15 years older:wink:
  • Shawnna_H
    Shawnna_H Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i would say 29 - 38....and im 32
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 35. My boyfriend now is 29.

My range would be 29-40
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm 27, my husband is 36, so probably 25-40 range
  • dwall1872
    dwall1872 Posts: 48
    Options
    umm i dont do the age game, if we are attracted to each other and are happy who cares!
  • ctina197six
    ctina197six Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 bf is 47 ex husband is 42( were married 18 yrs) but have dated as young as 32 recently. But depends on the person maturity is what matters..
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Typically, I'm attracted to people around my age. I think that I'm comfortable with about a max 8 year difference either way. Depending on the person/situation, I can be open-minded.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    umm i dont do the age game, if we are attracted to each other and are happy who cares!

^^this
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    The keys are physical attraction and emotional connection, or really big boobies! :laugh:

24 through 44 :heart: