Options

Replies

• dcuevas6235
    Options
    Do audio books count?
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    I want to finish a book I started awhile back, but can't find.
    It's called After by amy efaw.

google it and read the info. (:

I've read After. It was a pretty good YA title. I just finished Almost Famous by Joan Bauer and Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I'mm currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine, Reached by Alli Condie, and Broken Harbor by Tana French.

I'm a sucker for the YA books. but I usually read dean koontz or stephen king.

A good book is beauty queen, and another is 13 reasons why.

Love Dean Koontz, particularly the Odd Thomas, just the right amount of creepy and suspense
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    reading "you belong to me"
    You Belong to Me
    A killer seduces women on ocean cruises and the heroine, psychologist Susan Chandler, decides to get him.
    She uses her radio program to contact women who escaped his clutches, unaware he has heard the program
    and is coming after her.

just finished "hotel vendome"

both are awesome reads
  • kimberninja
    Options
    Reading a couple books right now..."Fifty Shades Freed" (yes, I know, trash....but it's like watching a train wreck - I can't put it down even though it is horrendous!), and "Witchcraft for Tomorrow" by Doreen Valiente. Hoping to start soon the Hunger Games triogy, re-read the Potter series, and begin the Gunslingr series. I usually rad horror fiction, but hve run out of good authors. I have read Stephen King, Anne Rice, John Saul, Dean Koonz, and the Twilight series (3Xs!). any suggestions for well-written horror fiction (I tend to like hauntings, not monsters, so much, and not a fan of sci fi).
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Reading a couple books right now..."Fifty Shades Freed" (yes, I know, trash....but it's like watching a train wreck - I can't put it down even though it is horrendous!), and "Witchcraft for Tomorrow" by Doreen Valiente. Hoping to start soon the Hunger Games triogy, re-read the Potter series, and begin the Gunslingr series. I usually rad horror fiction, but hve run out of good authors. I have read Stephen King, Anne Rice, John Saul, Dean Koonz, and the Twilight series (3Xs!). any suggestions for well-written horror fiction (I tend to like hauntings, not monsters, so much, and not a fan of sci fi).

Check out Robert R McCammon. I've only read Swan Song but liked it and have heard his other books are good.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Im bumping this because I am halfway through Wild, by Cheryl Strayed and am finding it truly inspiring. I am going to use this thread for more book ideas.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just finished A Dance with Dragons. Good stuff.
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just finished Sex at Dawn - excellent read. And am starting Super Freakonomics next.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am reading the Phantom Island series by Krissi Dallas for the third time. Amazing YA Fiction. If you liked Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, or Cassandra Clare's books, these are a must read! So amazing, best books I have read in a very, very long time :happy:
    th?id=H.4674879626609817&pid=15.1
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm currently tring to trudge myself through Lord of the Flies. My daughters recommended it but obviously our tastes in books are waaaaay different.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm reading American Sniper by Chris Kyle. Chris was a Navy SEAL who was recently killed while trying to help veterans with PTSD. As a retired military man, RIP brother.

Great book! I read it too!

And I'm currently reading Riordan's The Last Olympian. Yes, I know it's a kids' series. It was a fun read. :)
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm currently tring to trudge myself through Lord of the Flies. My daughters recommended it but obviously our tastes in books are waaaaay different.
    You're the first person I've ever heard to dislike Lord of the Flies. I thought it was fantastic, I'd say it's well worth to just power through...it's like 150 pages or something.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Brian Sanderson's Mistborn series and Darkly Dreaming Dexter.
  • Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "Sum It Up Pat Summitt" by Sally Jenkins. This woman is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this book so far.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Deadocked, the latest Sookie Stackhouse book by Charlaine Harris. Love that series!
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Aside from books for revision for university exams, I am reading The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am currently enjoying Haruki Murakam, Remains of the Day.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Snow Flower And The Secret Fan by Lisa See. Just getting into it, but, so far finding that it's written extremely well.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Author Jo Nesbo - the Harry Hole mysteries. Currently on the latest "The Phantom". I could stay up all night reading about my buddy Harry.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You're the first person I've ever heard to dislike Lord of the Flies. I thought it was fantastic, I'd say it's well worth to just power through...it's like 150 pages or something.

Both my husband and I did not like Lord of the Flies. Both of us had to read it in high school, and neither of us could finish it, we disliked it that much. :noway: