Is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• fat2skinnyanne
    Options
    Ignore the rude ones!

If you don't like the gym then take up walking. It costs nothing and is mentally refereshing. You can wear what YOU want and not have to buy gym stuff etc.

Mentally how are you feeling. If not in a good space then I really urge you to talk to someone!

Hang in there!!! Only one step at a time....

Anne
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If that's your attitude then you might as well stop now and try again when you're going to do it for the right reasons. I've felt that waybefore and made no progress and only ended up pissed and annoyed. Sometimes you're just not ready for change but that's ok. You will only succeed when you REALLY WANT TO. Until then you're just setting yourself up for failure because inside you're already over it and you want to fail and go back to your old ways.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Ugh, buzz kill.
    Maybe it's your attitude that's not working for you?

Yes.

Also, if you feel like you can't eat or drink what you like, perhaps you are doing it wrong. You shouldn't feel deprived.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy. It isn't anyone else's business.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    sucks_to_be_you_square_sticker-rd239528376df464d9e33341b2b374f6a_v9wf3_8byvr_216.jpg
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    TrollSpray.jpg

lol love it
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Wow. Exactly what im talking about. I guess if you are not having success and have super positive attitude about everything, this isnt the place.

I hope you all feel better about yourselves by putting someone else down.

I'm confused, what exactly were you looking for here? You said "I hate how everybody else seems to LOVE making all these "positive" changes and all. How it all works for them. Honestly, im sick of hearing about everyones positive this that and the next. Spare me your success story."
    I didn't see anyone put you down.

What did you want us to say? You don't want positive. DO you want us to tell you its not for you?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Wow. Exactly what im talking about. I guess if you are not having success and have super positive attitude about everything, this isnt the place.

I'm confused, what exactly were you looking for here? You said "I hate how everybody else seems to LOVE making all these "positive" changes and all. How it all works for them. Honestly, im sick of hearing about everyones positive this that and the next. Spare me your success story."

I didn't see anyone put you down.

Yeah, I tried really hard not to be positive, encouraging, motivating or inspiring. hmmm.
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about depression....?
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    tumblr_loeujwZKWi1qgrpnho1_500.jpg

xD LOL
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Then you aren't mentally ready to start a weight loss journey. I don't think anyone here has been forced into making a positive change, they had to have the mental space, and guts to jump into it and DO IT.

You need to think about why you are doing this. Eat whatever you like, drink whatever you like, and if you eventually want to change... then you might be in the right headspace to do it!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Soooooo, you don't want to hear about our success or anything positive from us, but you want us to listen to your whiny negativity? Got it, thanks.

The countdown begins. 5.....4....3....2....1....

htUMHbu.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    RFEyBsl.gif
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    RFEyBsl.gif

am i weird for being really turned on by this? i mean, weirder than usual?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I'm still gonna go with the Snickers.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yup its wroth it to look good feel better and not die
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options

I'm still gonna go with the Snickers.
    im just showing how much you can actually eat
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    I understand. I just shared similar info on my home page. Moving into this healthier lifestyle has made me feel very self-conscious and down right bad about who I am. I've been at this since September 12 and I have only lost and kept off 17 pounds. I know I have to do something or the extra 130 pounds that I carry will kill me. I currently am 47 yrs old and one knee is gone. I always hurt from my neck down. At first, I thought about having a weight loss surgery. Then I decided that I can do this by myself. I joined a TOPS Club (Take Off Pound Sensibly). These ladies are very nice and really help support you. Several of them have lost 100+ ponds with no surgery but it has taken them years. I feel more guilty now for eating something that I shouldn't, for gaining instead of losing, and for making endless bad choices. The working out issue isn't a big deal for me as I do water aerobics with a group of sweethearts. This is the only exercise I can do right now. Lately, I only been going 1 time a week which adds more guilt since my boyfriend pays for the membership.

Attitude might be our problem. Mine is so inconsistent. Maybe I should go the weight loss surgery route and get feeling better about myself faster. Is it worth it...yes, it probably is. Is it going to be easy--no. Is it easier to be successful with a positive attitude...it probably is. I wish I was Sabrina the Witch so I could just wiggle my nose and the change is complete.

Ignore the negatives that are coming from this thread. These people odviously have had great success, never had a negative day, always loved exercise and have never messed up. Hang in there and feel free to add me. Best wishes.