Is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Why not put the focus on being a healthier and fitter you...the rest falls into place. If your only focus is the scale and Lbs lost, etc...you are missing the much bigger picture. Feeling better, looking better, etc come with time and dedication to a sustainable diet (noun) and fitness plan.

I don't like droning away hour after hour on a treadmill either...which is why I don't ****ing do it. My fitness passion is powerlifting...I do minimal cardio, just enough for good heart health and overall fitness. I also haven't given anything up...I make better nutritional decisions most of the time, but I still eat stuff I want...the more I get into this powerlifting stuff, the more I'm having to eat just to maintain my current weight.

All and all it has been worth it. I started out not even necessarily wanting to lose weight...it just kind of happened when I got my **** together. I just wanted to clean up some nasty blood work and hopefully live a little longer...next thing I know, I'm down 35-40 Lbs and lifting like a mo-fo.

How about stop the crybaby bull**** and buck the **** up. You're a 30 year old man and you sound like a whiny 13 year old girl.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Here's the other thing, I can't help you any more than what I've said mostly because you just joined THIS MONTH, you have no photos, no stats, no open diaries and the only thing you've posted is this. We know nothing about you, at all, so how is anyone on here supposed to help you? Most people who post on Motivation and Support are looking FOR Motivation and support. We don't know your weight, your height, your eating habits, your workouts, how often you work out, what you did before this, your reason for doing this. HELP US HELP YOU MAN!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    RFEyBsl.gif

am i weird for being really turned on by this? i mean, weirder than usual?

yes weirder than usual, and revealing a little too much about yourself possibly. it is however TMI tuesday so carry on.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it? Let me work it. I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, it is normal to get discouraged and you may feel like giving up but don't. You may get annoyed at others success stories but realize that one day, that could be you.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Ohh come on OP! You can do this, just think positive thoughts. I have faith in you, add me and we can do this together!! Positivity, positivity, positivity!!!
    NkZRdlG.gif
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I find myself thinking that too, if you focus on the results while on your journey then that should be motivating. Eating healthy doesn't have to be bland find foods you like to eat and use healthy alternatives to making them. The gym is not the only way to get in shape you can do things like hike and play volleyball you'll be surprised how many calories you burn.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Here's the other thing, I can't help you any more than what I've said mostly because you just joined THIS MONTH, you have no photos, no stats, no open diaries and the only thing you've posted is this. We know nothing about you, at all, so how is anyone on here supposed to help you? Most people who post on Motivation and Support are looking FOR Motivation and support. We don't know your weight, your height, your eating habits, your workouts, how often you work out, what you did before this, your reason for doing this. HELP US HELP YOU MAN!

not entirely true, we know OP is rather in a negative funk right now and does not like the traditional workout or diet methods so I'd like to offer the following suggestions

pole dancing.
    zumba/insanity/etc images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTtEE2qv9awvxJBexD1Tgt9u1kc7zS2BZ46BNnVzXoIEb1Wycb
    nature hikes combined with "floor work"
    fotolia_1037917_XS.jpg?h=10000&w=400&keep_ratio=1
    roller-skates_caroline-schiff.jpg scantily clad roller skating or roller blading
    funworkout-294x300.jpg coed hoppity hop
    orig-17176851.jpg hula hooping
    optimized-hamptons3-1.png wet yoga
    Rival-Fitness-New-Day-Photo.jpg recess workout
    tumblr_m98o1aup6I1qbkjwr.jpg

and a salad you might like

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc52ql6kYAAQ4xDZHs8PisKE0Ufw4ve8rqNfnjsO-XuGGMsX9- I know I would.
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ignore the rude ones!

If you don't like the gym then take up walking. It costs nothing and is mentally refereshing. You can wear what YOU want and not have to buy gym stuff etc.

Mentally how are you feeling. If not in a good space then I really urge you to talk to someone!

Hang in there!!! Only one step at a time....

Anne

I agree with this! I hate exercise in general .... I need exercise that doesn't feel like exercise. When I get home from work, I can't muster up the energy to walk back out the door and hit the gym. So I walk to and from work. I put my headphones on, put on my favourite music, and walk, as fast or as slow as I feel like at the time. When I get to work, I feel energised and ready for the day. If I have a bad day at work, that hour of walking home gives me time to relax and get back to my happy place before I get home. And I sleep so much better!

If you want it badly enough, you will find a way to make it work for you. And the positivity comes from seeing results, from feeling good about yourself. And that doesn't happen overnight. And sometimes it takes forever to happen. So when I hit a plateau, and I just can't seem to make those numbers change, and it all seems so pointless and futile, I put on my brightest smile and pretend I am feeling positive, because deep down I know that there will come a time, hopefully in the very near future, when I will look in the mirror, and all of my hard work, determination, sacrifice and pretending to be positive will have paid off.
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated his account
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Do what you're going to do, bail if you want. But, you probably didn't need to vomit all over the forums before you left. :huh: :flowerforyou:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it? Let me work it. I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it.

ROFL
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    jr2TpgG.gif
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

:laugh: That's awesome.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

i am the only crabapple allowed around here anyway
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

No, it's sad, really.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

No, it's sad, really.

original.gif
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

But still probably reading LOL

OP and others who feel this way...yes you are doing it the hard, grimy way. Yes losing weight is hard but it doesn't have to be such a terrible, burdensome grind. Don't want to go to the gym? DON'T. There's no law that says in order to lose weight you have to go to the gym. Find some non-gym alternative and do that. Don't like eating healthy 24/7? DON'T. Personally I would be disappointed in myself if I went more than 24 hours without some treats. I also like to have a glass of wine every day.

You can see how much weight I've lost.

Yes I go in beast mode with my exercise, because for me it makes me feel good...AFTER it's over! I have to drag myself, push myself to do it though.

Is it worth it? Let's see...I'm off heart medication. I'm no longer pre-diabetic. I no longer have sleep apnea. My knees no longer hurt or creak. I no longer have cankles. And so much more.

Hope you change your mind and choose health! Is it worth it? You are worth it.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    RFEyBsl.gif

am i weird for being really turned on by this? i mean, weirder than usual?

Only if you are *kitten* your own with that motion in synchronisation with the gif.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is a fan of exercise and dieting, mostly because they "think" that they have to give things up and that they have to do things they don't like.

Do you like sports? Do you like running? Do you enjoy outdoor activities like swimming, hiking, trailblazing? All of these are alternatives to the gym. I hate the gym too, I do a lot of my exercising at home or outdoors and I choose to do what I like and what works for me.

Also if you want to fit in the foods you love, fit it in some how. Find a recipe that makes it more attune to your dietary needs while trying to rid yourself of unwanted fat and create wanted muscle. Create a balance between healthy and unhealthy choices that makes me you happy.

You chose to do this for yourself, there was a reason you came here, a reason you tried and a reason why you are upset about it now and those reason should be why you shouldn't give up and why you should keep trying to reach that goal you originally set for yourself. It will be worth it when you get there, I promise.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

No, it's sad, really.

People who come onto MFP to stir up **** are absolutely rejoiced when they leave. This was not a moment of frustration, this was a slam on all of the hard work people have done.