5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" (close to 5'9") and I thought my ultimate goal would be the middle of my BMI healthy range - which would put me at 140.

My nutritionist absolutely resolutely said with my frame I would look skeletal at 140lb.

So I'm working my way down from 282 (currently at 250) my long term goal is 175 or 150. I don't want to be skeletal but will happily settle for a size 10 clothing. (Which I haven't worn since maybe 7th grade).
  • dwhitmoyer
    dwhitmoyer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Now in my 50's, I was my happiest at 155 although I weighed much less in my 30's. The ten's are just a little baggy. Some 8's are achievable.

Right now, I will be happy when i can get back into my clothes and feel comfortable. I lost 70 pounds then gained 45 of it back, so now I'm probably halfway through the weight loss part. After going up and down for years (mostly up) the round stomach is a big impediment.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I am currently comfortable at 148 lb, so that's my goal weight. I wear a size 6, if anyone cares, and I do have a large frame (6.5" wrist, and broad shoulders). My body fat % is in the low 20s.

May I ask how you ladies determined your goal weights? My doctor told me to lose weight when I weighed 168 lb... I thought she was an idiot, because she seems to have based that on the BMI chart rather than what was in front of her, but complied anyway.
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160lbs -- I just really wanna be a comfy size 9/10 whatever that weight may be :tongue:
  • tscottcm
    tscottcm Posts: 1
    Options
    Another 5'9" here and over 40. No medications yet and I want to prevent any.
    My lowest as an adult (maybe teenager) was 138. I'm just starting my trek now from 198 and would love to see 160-165.
    It's different for everyone. Trying to make that 'lifestyle' change and not call it a 'diet' Trying to convince my mind just because I'm a mom and getting 'older' doesn't mean I have to let the body go to look older LOL.
    Best wishes everyone. We can do this!
  • BhanGoes
    BhanGoes Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I'll be satisfied at 160
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently around 173. I wear a size 10-12 depending on the brand. My goal is probably 150-155? I have been there before and feel like that's where my body naturally goes if I'm treating it (mostly) right.
  • hifi898
    hifi898 Posts: 54
    Options
    5'8" here and my goal these days isn't a weight number necessarily...it's more of goal measurements of 36-27-36 and 18% body fat. I've got a medium build and an hourglass shape.

Last year at this time, I was 142, but skinny-fat (body fat 30%). Prior to that (May 2010-June 2011), I'd gradually gone from 198 to 146. This was with Medifast, hcG, and anything that wasn't eating clean....I focused a ton on the number on the scale vs. the measurements, and was around a 27" waist and a size 4/6. Joined a gym in March 2012 and my goal was 130. Looking back now, I looked just fine at 145.

Since March 2012, I've gone up 30 lbs exactly, primarily from muscle gains (this morning at 23% body fat), binge eating, and a wrecked metabolism from the starvation diets over the previous 2 years; however, I've tapered off between 168-171 these days, and I lift heavy 3x a week, eat 90% clean most of the time. My metabolism has stalled and I'm trying to figure out what will start the loss back up again.

I think I looked best at 145 at 5'8", but if I stayed at 165, I'd be happy too. My current measurements are 36-29.5-38 (I'm close!)

I hope this helps!
  • StaceyN8R
    StaceyN8R Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a 51 year old Grammy and 5'8.5". I started at about 168 lbs. in January and am now trying to just maintain between 137-140lbs. I have always enjoyed exercise and have known how to eat healthily, but not until getting on MFP and doing Bod4God at my church did I get motivated to eat less junk! I set three goal weights at the beginning of the 12 week B4G class: 155-(I'd be good with), 145-(That would be cool), and 140 (Hallelujah goal!). I started the class one week after it had started and ended it at 142lbs, so I've lost about four more pounds since then. I feel great and have placed in a couple of 5k races for my age bracket. I have signed up for my first 10k race on Memorial Day! It is wonderful to do the weight loss and fitness journey with friends, and I want to encourage all of you to stick with it- you can do it!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', and currently at 160lbs, with about 26% body fat. My ultimate goal is 130lbs/22% body fat, which I hope to achieve by the end of the year. My April goal is 155lbs.
    I try to keep track of my weekly weight, measurements and goals in a spreadsheet. With that, I'm able to look over it and see my progress. I look for motivation wherever I can get it! Hope this helps.
    This sounds right. I am 5'9 and currently hovering around 150...but I still have fat on me. I would love to be 145 and more tone.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 172 and I feel so good. My first goal was to be under 200. Then, I wanted to be at 180 so I was FAR away from that 200lb mark. When I go on vacation or out of town I don't want to worry about knocking on 200's door. Met my 180 goal and am right now at 172. I think I want to get to 165...possibly 160. I've always been more athletic and sporty rather than tiny and petite. So, while I'd love to get back to my high school days of 145....I don't think that would be ideal for me. My poor boobies are GONE. I would love to have them filled up =) Maybe one day! Right now I'm focusing more on lifting. I've adjusted my calorie goal to TDEE -20% and have upped my lifting and lessened my cardio. I love doing cardio though....I can't go to the gym and avoid the elliptical....I just can't! I have no idea what my body fat is but I can clearly see improvements in all areas of the body.
  • teradriscol
    teradriscol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I reached my goal of 147 a month or so ago. I am now trying to maintain but have lost another two pounds. I don't really want to lose anymore, just tone up a little.
  • melissanorth35
    melissanorth35 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started a 180 as my peak. My first goal was 155. I got there primarily running and eating better (but not starving myself). At 155 I was not satisfied. I have scaled back my running and tightened up my diet and have added in heavy lifting 3xs a week. I'm down to 145. My goal is 140. I know I can get there if I continue to eat clean and strength train and run.

I too thought I had a big frame, but yes, I do have broad shoulders, but I really just had a layer of fat that made me look like i had a big frame. I'm quite toned and strong and can squat my body weight. Losing weight does not equal losing muscle if you eat enough to nourish your body.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 1/2" weigh 162, last year I weighed 151 and I ate over 2000 calories everyday. I wear the same clothes I wore last year and I had started strength training last May. My 'happy' weight is 155 but I can't imagine going under 1800 calories to reach that so I am hoping to control my eating between 1800-2200 and see if I can reach 155 that way. My fitbit says I burn 2400-2600 everyday and that's not including the strength training 4 times a week.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has linked it already, but I like checking in at mybodygallery.com
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 ... I weigh 175, my body fat percentage is 28%. I'd say goal is 165-170 - I was there last summer, trying to get back (start weight 223). I am completing an Insanity round in a week or so, haven't lost weight but my size 10 clothing is now loose, not quite an 8 though :grumble:
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is around 130-135. I weighed 125 when I got married two years ago and would love to be the same slender person I was. I had a pretty small chest and bigger thighs/butt, that was always my shape, but when I gained my weight I became an hourglass. I'd prefer to stay that way but it will depend if I lose the boobs or not...would be nice to fit back into my favourite tops though.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just me, but I'm going more for a body fat percentage of ~20% than a number. Depending on what you do for exercise a number can look drastically different on the same person. I've been lifting a lot, so I've gained lbs but dropped body fat.
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9' and thought I'd feel good at 150. I got there, wasn't happy, and decided to keep losing. I eventually settled at 135 (size 4/6) and have been maintaining there for about a year now.

Yay! That's where I'd like to be (at 135) great to see that it IS possible!