What's the best weight loss / fitness advice you ever got?

Options

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    That I don't have to cut treats out. What's the point in being slim if you can't enjoy food? You can do both!
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like that too. Or if you dont like apples do green beans or something
  • jcvigi
    jcvigi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat smaller meals more often. If you're hungry, you waited too long to eat. If you're full, you ate too much. You should feel satisfied, not full. I follow this advice religiously and I'm never hungry.
  • TiffCar83
    TiffCar83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't watch the scale watch how your body changes.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on mfp:

If you aren't hungry enough to eat an apple, you aren't hungry....

wow-that rang true as I am a mindless night snacker!!!!

I like this one too. Soooo many people complain that they're starving when in fact there's plenty of healthy, low calorie, high fiber stuff to eat that will kill the hunger so they can move on with their lives. What they really mean is that they are craving something that will make them "feel better" psychologically and allow them to pleasure themselves. I hear "oh I don't want to eat an "effing" apple! I want real food!!!!!!!!!! (like cheese cake)
  • dieKriegerin77
    Options
    "run your own race"

it can be too tempting to compare our bodies/work outs/foods with others. i "run my own race", and focus on being supportive of those around me. :)
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on mfp:

If you aren't hungry enough to eat an apple, you aren't hungry....

wow-that rang true as I am a mindless night snacker!!!!

I like this one!!!

For me, it's plan. Don't wait until your hungry to find out what to eat.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Pick heavy things up then put them down. Repeat. When you can do that five/eight/twelve times for three/five sets with good form, make the heavy thing heavier.

You don't have to starve to lose weight.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Push your chair back from the table. (and get up)
  • girlinnashville
    Options
    Eat clean & train dirty.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to lift heavy!!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be a New Year or a Monday or whatever to start over. If you have a bad day, wake up the next morning with the mind frame of success.

Also, it can take time to see results...don't give up!
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had to increase my food intake bc who knew I was starving myself with me being over weight but me. I cant live without food but so long but I was under 900 calories a day for sure. Now I work hard to stay under 1500 or so calories but I take a lot of time to think about it and what I eat to make sure I eat enough still. The line says Don't say hello to your stomach, but to your toes." This is huge for me bc I can just now not see my stomach when I look down to my boobs so now I cant wait until I have to push in these things in ( not my stomach) to see my toes. :smooched:
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    "One bad day won't ruin everything, just start over from this moment and make a better decision the very next time, not tomorrow, or Monday." That has helped me to not feel guilty.

My own favorite advice to give: "Everything in moderation." :)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Only do something that you will find sustainable long term/forever. Everything else is a fad. Fad is one letter away from fat. This is not a coincidence.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Stop demonizing and avoiding foods/food groups. If you want to drop fat and get in shape, focus on maintaining a calorie deficit, get enough protein, strength train, and enjoy foods you like in moderation.
  • Maxibris
    Maxibris Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "Like yourself enough to take care of your body"

Also: "Don't look sideways" As in, focus on yourself and don't bother with what others are doing or could be thinking.
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    "Just do it!" Don't remember where I heard it.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Stumbling is not falling!! Meaning just because you had a bad day or might have caved and eaten something you probably shouldn't have, doesn't mean you have failed.
  • dcone2001
    dcone2001 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "Make exercise a habit"