seasonings you use for vegtables?

Options

Replies

• jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Try truffle oil! It can be spendy, but it is a truly decadent, delicious treat, and you only need a little bit. Perfect over roasted veggies. I used it on roasted asparagus the other night. OMG.It is also fantastic over caprese salad. Drool...

Most truffle oils you find in the store are really just olive oil with truffle flavor added. It is seriously one of the most delectable flavors I've ever experienced.
  • ashleymarie530
    ashleymarie530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash - I think there are 5 different varieties now.... and I love them all.... SALT FREE!

Mrs. Dash is the best way to go. No salt and there are a bunch of different flavors !
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

lemon pepper
    cajun seasoning
    mojito lime seasoning
    garlic herb
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    McCormick no salt added seasoning, they have 3 different flavours in our area, lemon, herb and garlic and original, also any of the Mrs. Dashes. I don't add sodium to my meals, I try to add flavour with herbs. Also if you have Epicure, there are a lot of different blends, most of which have no sodium too.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A Vogel Vegetable Seasoning low sodium. It's delish and natural - no added yeasts or msg.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I want to roast some stir fry veggies for my lunch today. What kind of seasonings do you put on your roasted veggies?

It depends on the veg.

Cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts - chili powder, ceyenne, black pepper, garlic powder
    cabbage - just a little black pepper
    winter squashes - fresh thyme and garlic
    white potatoes - black pepper, fresh rosemary, onion powder, garlic powder (sometimes ceyenne)
    peppers - nothing
    summer squashes - garlic, black pepper, dried herbs (basil, thyme, mixed blend)
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    depends on the veggie -- and I normally steam mine, you don't need oils then. Here are my favorites:

Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower - steam then sprinkle with a little fresh lemon and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Asparagus, green beans, zucchini - steam, and then stir fry in a tiny bit of olive oil and fresh garlic... for an added quick, add a dash of low sodium soy sauce. (during the summer I throw them on the grill after boiling for 3 minutes)

I've used rosemary too on my veggies -- a wonderful spice!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump- I've never heard of lemon pepper before but so many people have mentioned it so I need to remember to look for it when shopping.
  • jennamt87
    jennamt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and lemon pepper, with a bit of butter-flavored cooking spray
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Lemon pepper and garlic powder...yummy
  • kariandtc
    kariandtc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    olive oil, salt and pepper
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    MRS DASH ALL DAY EVERY DAY
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, and cumin!
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Garlic, peppercorn, olive oil, and dried bell pepper are the main seasonings i use for roasted veggies. :)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Creole seasoning... I loves it.
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Freshly ground black pepper
    Cilantro
    Cajun seasoning
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    For stir fry I use House of Tsang Padang Spicy Peanut sauce, Mae Ploy Sweet chili sauce or Island Teriyaki. For roasted veggies I love Mccormicks Gourmet Herbs De Provence Chicken and Potatoes. It so good. I used it on a pork roast too. I think even ice cream would taste good with this stuff.
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I loooove roasted veggies. Lots of salt and pepper works just fine for me. But I like steak seasoning, and/or paprika, and/or a little cayenne. You can do plain and then drizzle with balsamic reduction and a bit of parmesan reggiano.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    To me the best is just simple olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. A squeeze of lemon works wells too.
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I used to use olive oil and McCormick Fajita seasoning on EVERYTHING. Now I can't find Fajita seasoning anywhere except in the packets, and that is more like a marinade.