What's the best weight loss / fitness advice you ever got?

Options

Replies

• LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Technically not advice but a saying that hits home: What you eat in private you wear in public. So true
    oh ya also: Broccoli may get stuck in your teeth but fries get stuck in your *kitten*! :laugh:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    1. Log everything

2. eat more fiber

3.eat more protein

4. sleep more

5. move more

6. keep a journal

7. making small changes can add up

8. Eight pounds a month isn't slow

9. see a doctor before starting this diet/exercise plan

10. walk your dog
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Whenever you are craving something bad, just remember that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. My mom told me this, and I think its the weight watchers slogan or something.....but I love it! If skinny tastes better than bacon or ben n jerrys then I can't wait!!!!
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A year from now you'll wish you started today. :heart:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Mine was "don't take advice from strangers on the internet".
    LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even lift?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even lift?

This is very good advice. I like math (consume less than your TDEE and you will lose weight) so my first and only diet last fall led to quick and easy weight loss.

That being said, most of my exercise was cardio and I lost more muscle mass than I needed while my BMI dropped from almost 25 to about 20. Since starting to lift regularly this January my weight has remained stable as my body fat continues to drop (under 10% at this point). I feel much stronger and healthier since starting to lift weights.

Gaining muscle is much harder than losing weight. Lift weights and keep your deficit to TDEE reasonable during your weight loss (while getting plenty of protein) and you can reduce the amount of muscle you lose as your weight drops.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eat less
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    "eat a little less, exercise a little more"
  • RCowley85
    RCowley85 Posts: 12
    Options
    Do as you have always done.....
    Get what you have always got.....
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less, eat better and more regularly.

Also: find out what YOUR body needs. Don't mindlessly take advice from people who don't know your body.
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Whenever you are craving something bad, just remember that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. My mom told me this, and I think its the weight watchers slogan or something.....but I love it! If skinny tastes better than bacon or ben n jerrys then I can't wait!!!!

No it's the KATE MOSS slogan!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Stay consistent and do whatever you do for several months before working out if it helps or not.
  • Pigbear
    Pigbear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Give it time
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :smokin:

This one pretty much applies to everything in life, and weight loss / getting healthy is no exception.

Do you want to change your body? Change you though process & your behavior!:flowerforyou:
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Eat to live, don't live to eat!

it's funny- you LOOK Italian... have you known the pleasures of a loaf of bread, roasted peppers, fontinella, olive oil.... ? it's so not easy sometimes..

This has to be the rudest post. "you LOOK Italian." Well that's judgemental.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Shut your gob when naughty food is around.
  • Buford83
    Buford83 Posts: 46
    Options
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :smokin:

This one pretty much applies to everything in life, and weight loss / getting healthy is no exception.

Do you want to change your body? Change you though process & your behavior!:flowerforyou:
    Nice application of an Einstein quote! Very accurate.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Be CONSISTENT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    a yoga instructor told me that doing yoga will lengthen and lean out my muscles....facepalm...derp.