800cals

Options
12346»

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This is one of those tell.me what I hear or screw off threads. Op, please come back in10wka with pics on tips on how you lose 2.5lbs a week.

:drinker:
  • Natalieshea81
    Natalieshea81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently in day 11 of the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred program. I usually burn about 400-450 calories in the 25 minute program. I am overweight so maybe my results are higher than yours, but for me it works right now.

Day 1-10 Step 1 video
    Day 11-21 Step 2 video
    Day 22-32 Step 3 video

I didn't purchase the DVD's I pull them up on YouTube and work out, I have already lost weight and inches. I can see the differences in my body already, so it is really working for me and my body type. Good luck!!! :wink:
  • jourdanerin
    Options
    Spin classes burn a ton of calories. I'm 5'10" 136lbs and I burn 400-460 calories for 60 min of spin.

Also, rock climbing! (sounds weird) but there is a Rock Climbing Gym about an hour from my house and I went to give it a try a few weekends ago. I was surprised at how many calories I burned, it was so much fun and definitely a good workout!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Here is a good reference, if you have over 100 lbs to lose you can lose more than 2 lbs/week safely, that being said it is best to set a realistic safe weekly loss goal and:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Losing faster than the above will most likely lead to the loss of a large % of lean muscle, not the fat you are looking at losing. So yes you can lose that much weight/week, but it will not be near that much fat. Now if your goal was to lose 0.5lbs/week, most of that would be fat. the body can only access so much fat for energy at a time, the remaining will have to come from elsewhere, and if that underfed (1250 cals/day) over the long term the body will shed lean muscle in order to lower its own caloric requirements for survival
  • Stacemace83
    Stacemace83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ain't gonna happen. It's going to be more like 1 pound a week, and when you get down to your last 10-15 pounds it will probably be half a pound a week. The stress you create trying to lose 2.5 lb/week will cause your cortisol levels to rise and prevent weight loss.

in response to this...i did an 8 week fitness challenge and lost 20lbs which is more than 1lb a week. i went from 151 to 131 counting calories, lifting weights and a lot of running. it is possible
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    how-to-burn-calories_zpsbe4e6f08.jpg

WINNER!!!!
  • kelgalon
    kelgalon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am able to burn that much and in that much time with spin classes and hot yoga
  • LiaB07
    LiaB07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! What heart rate monitor do you use?

Thanks
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    according to my HRM I can burn that amount in an hour (possibly a little more) when i do either of the following

- jogging an average of 5 mph
    - circuit style workouts with a weighted complex like the tumminnello or cosgrove complex intermixed with short bouts of sprinting, jump roping, rowing, or plyo jumps

that's pretty much it. everything else only gets me to a 400-600 calorie burn in an hour.

oh and i'm still 40 pounds overweight
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Um...maybe crossfit...but even then I can only get to 430 an hour. Thats nuts.
  • amyrrector
    Options
    I use the Arc Trainer and I can burn around 900 calories an hour, but I am basically running on it, with incline set to basically stair stepping.
  • Minou2229
    Minou2229 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why not burn 500, and cut 300 cals from your diet. same result

^^ i agree ^^
    i can burn 600cals going hardcore spinning, but to aim for 800cals burned a day in only an hr -- hr and a half time frame, you'll burn out :( sorry, probly not what you want to hear. i know tho, bc ive been there failed that! lol
    you say your diet is good, maybe cut back a tad here and there to create that deficit?
    best of luck at reaching your goal! :D
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I power walk at a 4.5 mph pace and burn off about 800 calories in 90 minutes on hilly terrain.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    according to my body fit media a three mile run at about nine minute pace burned 750 cals the other day ..

Most of my gym workouts only burn about 400 to 500 cals per work out and that is doing compound lifts...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think that everyone needs to stop being so negative!! Geez people let the OP set her own goals and whether they work or not is her problem, not yours.

I started out here with a BMI of 24 which is in the "normal range" not even overweight and I lost 2lbs per week going to boxing 3 days a week and then running or getting on the elliptical for an hour a day 3 days per week and resting one day. I ate back all my calories ending up with a net 1200 per day. It is not impossible for someone who needs to lose 50 rather than my 15 to lose 2.5lbs per week.

Of course there is a chance she may not reach that goal, but back off people and only make a comment if you have something useful to say!

don't post a thread asking for suggestions, if you are not going to like said suggestions contained in the thread...

That is like asking a friend for advice, and then bit*ching about said advice ...
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a HRM then you could work out your aerobic / anaerobic levels and work in the zone that best suits your goals whilst trying different types of exercise perhaps from the ones suggested in this thread . Good luck in reaching your goals :flowerforyou: