Need advice to get rid of lower belly fat...

Options
Reedern
Reedern Posts: 525 Member
With cruntches, side bends, twists, etc I can feel it working the sides and upper abs, but how the heck do I get more attention to the lower. I am looking for multiple exercises to help in this area so that I can change it up and keep those abs confused. (Note: had a baby via c-section 4 months ago and the incision site is still a bit tender.)

Replies

• rem10210
    rem10210 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Planks, Planks and more planks. You can try reverse crunches too.
  • phjorg
    phjorg Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    you can't exercise fat away. so stop with pointless ab exercises and don't listen to people who suggest ab exercises.

count calories, balance macros and do full body compound exercises. the fat will come off where genetics decides it to.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Abs are made by proper diet in the kitchen. :P Thats my secret.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Cardio, and running especially, is fantastic for getting rid of lower belly fat. It's how I got rid of mine :). If you don't currently run C25K is a great place to start...
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    you can't exercise fat away. so stop with pointless ab exercises and don't listen to people who suggest ab exercises.

count calories, balance macros and do full body compound exercises. the fat will come off where genetics decides it to.

^
  • yummy_mummy85
    Options
    Stalking this too as i had 2 c-sections in under 2 years and now i got 2 beautiful daughers but a saggy lower belly :-(
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options

This, and consider heavy lifting. My belly chub is still here, but been shrinking massively since I started heavy lifting
    NROL4Wnearendstage12.png
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    In the kitchen!
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options

THIS
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    Surgery
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    reverse crunches and planks
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a calorie deficit and lower your overall body fat. You can't spot reduce.
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had 3 C-sections and after each one it was harder to build muscle in that area. If it is still tender start slow. Laying on your back with legs together lift your legs slowly up and down. This was my Dr.'s recommendation to start rebuilding muscle.
  • SexyTmar
    SexyTmar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't like sit ups, crunches or getting down on the floor, so I bought Zumba Core Fitness (for Wii) and along with my reduction in calories and eating better, I am seeing results.

Maybe it's just the reduced calories and not the Zumba dance exercises...but I like it anyway and wish you success with whatever you try :))
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Stalking this too as i had 2 c-sections in under 2 years and now i got 2 beautiful daughers but a saggy lower belly :-(

I had 3 c-sections myself and my doctor told me it would be really hard to get rid of the fat in this section and that's because of the scar tissue. He didn't say it would be impossible just harder.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    With cruntches, side bends, twists, etc I can feel it working the sides and upper abs, but how the heck do I get more attention to the lower. I am looking for multiple exercises to help in this area so that I can change it up and keep those abs confused. (Note: had a baby via c-section 4 months ago and the incision site is still a bit tender.)

1st, stay within your calorie goals. Eat clean and lots of veggies. CARDIO!! Yes, planks and leg lifts will target the muscles down there, but they don't burn fat. You have to lose the fat in order to SEE the muscles underneath.

Also, your body burns fat proportionately. If we burned it in target zones only, we wouldn't look proportionate, so don't expect to lose your gut and not your boobs, butt, etc... It's all gonna come off together.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    As far as building lower belly muscle, prone jackknifes [jackknives?] (on a swiss ball) are great

pronejackknife.jpg
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    As far as building lower belly muscle, prone jackknifes [jackknives?] (on a swiss ball) are great

pronejackknife.jpg

That looks amazing!!! I do not have the arm strength to try it yet.....but I aspire to do this :noway:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Core training focuses on the abs, back and sides that has worked for me , the section below my waist downwards has shrunk dramatically. doing planks, crunches, leg lifts, medicine ball workouts and lots of crosstrainer/ellyptcal

Note i have also lost fat in the midsection too tho it's not as noticeable.
  • darrenkhalaf
    darrenkhalaf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. Brisk walking (not walking at a normal pace)
    2. Jogging
    3. Aerobic dancing
    4. Mixed martial arts or kickboxing
    5. Cycling

Try this simple exercise to loose excessive belly fat.