Is it wrong - McDonalds 250 calorie Egg McMuffin

Options
sstoro
sstoro Posts: 20 Member
Is it wrong that I'm actually excited about the new 250 calorie Egg McMuffin?
I'm one of those people who think its Ok to eat just about anything as long as you
Log the calories, excercise, and take a daily vitimin.

Replies

• NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    No not wrong. Its protein. Throw on some spinach, onion and tomato and you're set!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I do the same, as long as I have the cals I'll have it, last night 200ml wine and some dark choc all with my cals and earned exercise cals
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I think its wrong, have you ever really searched online to what is in those things. I know in our own household if you do it you know its just the english muffin and the egg, but I worked for Mcdonalds and believe me nothing they serve should be eaten by any human. Its all chemical and non real food riddled. But that's me :)

But I do agree with your statement of eating, exercise and logging is awesome
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the pantry and let it sit for a month. Take it out, it'll be as fresh as the day it went in! :D

If you are what you eat, you should live to be at least 100 years old!
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the pantry and let it sit for a month. Take it out, it'll be as fresh as the day it went in! :D

If you are what you eat, you should live to be at least 100 years old!

this is true, someone took a mcdonalds happy meal kept it for 9 years and it did not mold and looked the same as the day they bough it
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    What is "wrong" is determined by an individual's personal health goals. You are going to get different answers from different people. You should decide what are changes you can live with and those you can't and then stick to your own guns. =)
  • salsera39
    Options
    {{shivers}} --- Use to love McDonals but don't know what's in that so best to stay away! If you cut out coke & fast food... pounds just come off. Go to subway instead :laugh:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    No, it isn't wrong at all. Enjoy it while you can. It doesn't always last.

Sometimes, some of us need to get downright picky about where the calories come from. Sad but true. Do what works for you.

...but count me as one who is not at all sure McD's actually qualifies as food. lol...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I think its wrong, have you ever really searched online to what is in those things. I know in our own household if you do it you know its just the english muffin and the egg, but I worked for Mcdonalds and believe me nothing they serve should be eaten by any human. Its all chemical and non real food riddled. But that's me :)

But I do agree with your statement of eating, exercise and logging is awesome
    Please. Are you going to tell the eggs that they crack and scramble don't come from chickens? Elaborate.

While McDonald's isn't the best choice for many, emphatic lies shouldn't be spread.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not wrong for the calories and the content. i personally prefer the mcgriddle bacon egg and cheese.

it's great if you're in a rush but i find that i can make similar at home for the same calories but way less sodium
  • thestrawberrysays
    thestrawberrysays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Who am I to tell you what's wrong or right? It's not what I choose to eat, but it's YOUR body and do whatever you please.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    To the OP, moderation eating is how many fit and lean people eat. Eating perfect doesn't always mean happiness which believe it or not counts towards good health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Oh man if eating a Mcdonalds egg mcmuffin is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I'm actually excited about the new 250 calorie Egg McMuffin?
    I'm one of those people who think its Ok to eat just about anything as long as you
    Log the calories, excercise, and take a daily vitimin.

I think it's ok for you to eat whatever suits you. Really though no first world person should need a daily vitamin unless they have some health issues - real food has it all.

But have you ever tried making your own McMuffin? I doubt mine come in with any less calories than that but I'm sure they're more awesome (well for me anyway).
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    eating anything from McNasty's is wrong! :sick:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    eating anything from McNasty's is wrong! :sick:

BpaINE4.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'll eat the regular McMuffin guiltless. Only thing that bothers me with fast food is the sodium.
  • Zinnia_12wbt
    Options
    Who am I to tell you what's wrong or right? It's not what I choose to eat, but it's YOUR body and do whatever you please.

Amen! :-)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'll eat the regular McMuffin guiltless. Only thing that bothers me with fast food is the sodium.

This. I have no issues with egg yolks. There's only a 60 calorie difference.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Nope...eat and enjoy =p