Home-made Protein Bar recipe WANTED

Options
1235»

Replies

• joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    INGREDIENTS:
    8 Tablespoons PB2 (low fat, high protein powdered peanut butter – details below)
    3 Tablespoons Natural Peanut butter (w/flax seeds is the best!)
    ½ Cup Shakeology Protein Powder (Haven’t tried this with another brand of protein powder)
    3 Tablespoons Raw Honey
    ½ Cup Quick Oats
    DIRECTIONS: Mix PB2 with water until it’s a paste like consistency. Mix all ingredients, including the PB2 mixture together in a mixing bowl. It make take some time to blend all of the ingredients together. If it’s too sticky, sprinkle in additional protein powder so that it’s a pretty dry/crumbly texture. Next – Roll mixture into small individual balls (about a ping-pong ball size) sprinkle with coconut if desired and place on a wax sheet. Makes about 12 balls, 1 ounce each. Put in freezer until firm.
    NUTRITION: (serving size 1 ball)
    Calories: 80
    Carbs: 10g
    Fat: 2g
    Protein: 7g
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I just made some this past week that turned out to be great :) No baking required!

1c natural peanut butter
    1.5c chocolate protein powder
    1c oats
    5 tbsp water
    honey to taste (I didn't use any)

Just mix all ingredients together, pop in the fridge for 20 minutes and you're ready to go! Tastes like PB chocolate fudge. Makes 12 servings.

I like this one because it's so easy to whip up, doesn't require baking or a lot of ingredients.

Bump
  • Noni2863
    Noni2863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump and thanks so much for the excellent recipes!
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas! Will be trying them soon as I only have 2 left
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    ive been looking for really good homemade protein bar recipes..im going to try this one !!! thank you for sharing !!!!!
  • krimson_lizzard
    Options
    High Protein Bean Bar :) I love these
    Ingredients
    Country Barn - Old Fashioned Rolled Oats - Dry, 1.25 cup
    Bush's - Best Black Beans (unseasoned) 1 container (390 g (1/2 cup) ea.)
    Amport Foods - Chopped Dates, 0.3 cup
    Body Fortress - Super Advance Whey Isolate Protein Vanilla Creme, 3 Scoop (35 g)
    Baker's Corner - Baking Cocoa, 4 Tbsp (5g)
    Vanilla extract - Imitation, alcohol, 2 tbsp

FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!! The beans.... open drain and RINSE WELL(trust me)
    Add oats in food processor and make flour , then put flour into a separate bowl and set aside for the moment.
    add beans,dates and Vanilla to processor and blend till smooth. Add remaining items (flour too) and blend until a doughy texture forms ( WILL BE STICKY!!!) spray your hands with non stick spray, motor oil axle grease or just get them wet any of the other option can work ** and for the wall lickers who dont understand humor do not use motor oil or the grease it could and might hurt you** any ways roll it up into several little balls add chocolate chips or do what ever with them I make them into 7 bars and put em in the fridge in 100 calorie zip locks. Heres what My fitness pal says the macros are
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    Total: 1360 195 11 132 1606 41
    I know the carbs and sugars are higher then most might like but I like them... They are sticky so if you have a puny little food processor you make not wanna try this is that little guy .. It will hurt him... **RIP 20.00 Black Friday walmart special**
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I make Jamie Eason's pumpkin protein bars all the time. Dashingdish.com has some protein bar/muffin recipes as well