Is it wrong - McDonalds 250 calorie Egg McMuffin

Options
12346»

Replies

• cindywhitley1
    Options
    I'll eat the regular McMuffin guiltless. Only thing that bothers me with fast food is the sodium.

I agree!
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Who am I to tell you what's wrong or right? It's not what I choose to eat, but it's YOUR body and do whatever you please.

Amen! :-)

Absolutely!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I'm actually excited about the new 250 calorie Egg McMuffin?
    I'm one of those people who think its Ok to eat just about anything as long as you
    Log the calories, excercise, and take a daily vitimin.

I totally agree.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Why not just make it yourself at home? Get some egg forms and make three or four scrambled egg patties and stick them into the fridge. Each morning put one onto an organic whole wheat muffin, and nuke the whole thing for 35 seconds or so. If you use egg whites instead they are only 180 calories for the English Muffin with the equivalent to two eggs.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the pantry and let it sit for a month. Take it out, it'll be as fresh as the day it went in! :D

If you are what you eat, you should live to be at least 100 years old!

this is true, someone took a mcdonalds happy meal kept it for 9 years and it did not mold and looked the same as the day they bough it

actually its 14 years... but hey whos counting...

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/dailydish/la-dd-14-year-old-hamburger-20130424,0,1310625.story
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Oh man if eating a Mcdonalds egg mcmuffin is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

True dat!!!
  • Alicue21
    Alicue21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not advocating for Mcdonald's nor am I arguing against it. Their recipes may have added sugars that could affect your blood sugar later but other than that - do what you want. It's your diet.

As for the burger myth, I vote for science and reason: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I can make them for much less at home. Plus my eggs taste better coming from the farm down the road.
  • amyosullivan124
    amyosullivan124 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sigh... life's too short! Treat yourself to one! My birthday last week I had 2 double sausage and egg mcmuffins (over 2 days) and still lost a pound that week!!
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I personally like to make my own version at home and I feel it has more nutrients and takes me less then 5 mins to make.

I start with my small skillet pan and add a tsp of Smart Choice made with Flax seed oil and add it to the pan...get out my Egglands Eggs and strain it to get the egg whites (sometimes I add some yolk) Add them to the pan, cook 2 min each side, done! I season my eggs with a lil Kosher Salt, Black Pepper from the Grinder, and some paprika.
    Toast my Everything Bagel Thin - I get mine from Trader joes
    Put 2 slices of Turkey Bacon in the Microwave for a min 1:75 sec (if you like it crispy)
    Cut off a slice of Tomato
    Get the skim American cheese out of the fridge

My sandwiches are done in the amount of time it would take you to drive to McDonalds and get thru the drive thru...plus I feel better eating this then their breakfast food. If I am in a rush, I wrap it in foil and eat in on the way in or when I get to work. :)

But that is just my opinion...do what you feel you need to do and hey if you want to indulge, feel free to have that mcmuffin :)
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    as long as its not every day, i personally don't like mcdonalds but i go to subway maybe once a fortnight only get the low fat 6" ones though